• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears wind up with the No 1 pick. Assuming they don't go QB they are going to have a lot of options

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears wind up with the No 1 pick. Assuming they don't go QB they are going to have a lot of options
A positive is they may move down in the draft allowing someone to move up and take a QB... That would be good for us... Assuming we're drafting #3 or #4

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s our draft pick now, from Denver ?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A positive is they may move down in the draft allowing someone to move up and take a QB... That would be good for us... Assuming we're drafting #3 or #4
Its a no brainer for chicago to trade down

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locked in at 5

Fuckin' Donkeys. With #5 I wonder if Seattle trades down. If Anderson, Carter, and Wilson are gone and Schneider doesn't like a QB, I think it's in our interest to. I think there's a pretty steep drop off after those three. If one of the QBs is available and Seattle can trade down to #8-9 or so and snag Murphy that'd be great. I do like Murphy, he should be a monster as a 3-4 DE.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin' Donkeys. With #5 I wonder if Seattle trades down. If Anderson, Carter, and Wilson are gone and Schneider doesn't like a QB, I think it's in our interest to. I think there's a pretty steep drop off after those three. If one of the QBs is available and Seattle can trade down to #8-9 or so and snag Murphy that'd be great. I do like Murphy, he should be a monster as a 3-4 DE.
A lot of mocks have them taking Murphy at the 5 spot they have Young, Shroud, Carter and Anderson going ahead of them.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of mocks have them taking Murphy at the 5 spot they have Young, Shroud, Carter and Anderson going ahead of them.

Doesn't surprise me... Murphy is an athletic freak and projects very well in a 3-4... Harris is getting older... seems like a Carroll kind of pick. I've mentioned Murphy before on this forum, I didn't think we'd be drafting top 3 so my opinion changed to Carter/Anderson/Stroud up until week 18... but now that we're #5 I think I'm back to Murphy lol... can't imagine Carter/Anderson will still be there.

I still wonder if Schneider will pull the trigger on Levis... he has a very similar playstyle and athleticism to Allen who Schneider wanted to trade for...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't surprise me... Murphy is an athletic freak and projects very well in a 3-4... Harris is getting older... seems like a Carroll kind of pick. I've mentioned Murphy before on this forum, I didn't think we'd be drafting top 3 so my opinion changed to Carter/Anderson/Stroud up until week 18... but now that we're #5 I think I'm back to Murphy lol... can't imagine Carter/Anderson will still be there.

I still wonder if Schneider will pull the trigger on Levis... he has a very similar playstyle and athleticism to Allen who Schneider wanted to trade for...
Levis is intriguing,high ceiling low floor. Like you said similar to how Allen was viewed.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not believe the chargers lost to the broncos at home to end the season and put us at #5 when we were floating with a top 3 pick all season. The Broncos looked a lot better since firing Hackett thank god they didnt do this earlier in the season. If we are looking at this realistic The Texans and Colts are probably going QB with their pick and Jalen Carter will be gone.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not believe the chargers lost to the broncos at home to end the season and put us at #5 when we were floating with a top 3 pick all season. The Broncos looked a lot better since firing Hackett thank god they didnt do this earlier in the season. If we are looking at this realistic The Texans and Colts are probably going QB with their pick and Jalen Carter will be gone.

I have to imagine we have no shot at Carter/Anderson at this point... I think we need to think about trading down...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to imagine we have no shot at Carter/Anderson at this point... I think we need to think about trading down...

Well if I remember correctly if you look at the history of us trading down vs taking a player top 15 when PC and JS took over I think we have gotten better results taking the player.

Earl Thomas, Russell Okung, Bruce Irvin from the top of my head.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if I remember correctly if you look at the history of us trading down vs taking a player top 15 when PC and JS took over I think we have gotten better results taking the player.

Didn’t they trade down then take Irvin? I’d have to look it up, but I thought they traded down to take him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We traded down with Philly for Bruce (could've had Cox, woops). You are correct we stayed put with Okung and Thomas.. that was also a LOADED draft because every player declared after the salary cap got reinstated.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you need to have someone that wants to trade up to Number 5.

We are a long way from the actual draft though. Things will change.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting. I would’ve thought it would’ve been different. Seems like when we trade up to grab a guy they don’t pan out very well… I don’t have any facts to back it up because I haven’t looked it up but it just seems that way to me

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how it could go:

1. Bears trade to CAR/WAS - QB
2. Texans - QB
3. Cardinals - Anderson/Carter
4. Colts - QB
5. Seahawks - Anderson/Carter

or we get the consolation prize of Murphy or Wilson which would both be big upgrades.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how it could go:

2. Texans - QB
4. Colts - QB

or we get the consolation prize of Murphy or Wilson which would both be big upgrades.

It seems that the consensus amongst all of us is either DL or QB. Which probably means they will draft a WR. LOL.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how it could go:

2. Texans - QB
4. Colts - QB

Combine always shuffles the draft orders a bit also… 5th is still nice, we should find a day 1 starter …