• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If CJ Strouds 2021 season was the same as his 2022 I would have had him placed middle of the pack in the first round. I don't think he is as good as he was in 2021 so I just completely remove that season. To many things happened in 2021, I can't put faith in those numbers.

He often has so much time to throw though and that wont happen in the NFL. His Pressure throws are not very good, not horrible but not elite.

I wanted the Hawks to snake Lawrence away from the Jags before the season in a trade ... damn. I really thought the Jagz were going to try and move him and had decided to move on. Those rookie numbers were not what they should have been not even close lol.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think CJ is an upgrade over geno. Levis and Richardson have more potential but also pose big risks in my opinion not sure I would take them in round 1

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think CJ is an upgrade over geno. Levis and Richardson have more potential but also pose big risks in my opinion not sure I would take them in round 1
Levis is a TO machine and not impressive. Richardson needs a lot of work and could possibly be a good QB but I'm not into waiting for 2 to 3 yrs to see if he develops or not.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The grade of QB you want is like Peyton Manning coming out of college, you have to have the first pick in the draft for that and most drafts don’t have that QB. Most come out of college have concerns,if your not willing to use a first because of that you likely never draft a stud, all the top QBs at the present came with concerns. Thinking the Levi’s or Richardson will drop in the draft is mostly wishful thinking because to many teams need a QB with the high ceiling. That’s why QBs get drafted so early despite the concerns or warts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levis is a TO machine and not impressive. Richardson needs a lot of work and could possibly be a good QB but I'm not into waiting for 2 to 3 yrs to see if he develops or not.
Richardson won’t take three years to develop. Now a days it’s on the job training and that accelerates the process vs the old days where sat on the bench and were supposed to soak up knowledge by watching. The key is having good coaching and decent quality teammates.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson won’t take three years to develop. Now a days it’s on the job training and that accelerates the process vs the old days where sat on the bench and were supposed to soak up knowledge by watching. The key is having good coaching and decent quality teammates.
If we're going with day 1 on Richardson starting then pass. Getting him killed out there will kill his confidence and probably become a bust.

Reactions: MrS

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're going with day 1 on Richardson starting then pass. Getting him killed out there will kill his confidence and probably become a bust.
Seahawks draft him there is no reason he should get killed out there and lose confidence. First off he's very mobile, secondly he would have weapons like Metcalf, Lockett and Walker, his OL would not be crap ( which so many rookie QBs have for OL) and he'd have good coaching and not to much put on him right away. Wilson took some time to develop if you remember, think is you can't count on a RW type dropping into your lap. You take this opportunity or get by with second or third tier type QBs for next few years.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The grade of QB you want is like Peyton Manning coming out of college, you have to have the first pick in the draft for that and most drafts don’t have that QB. Most come out of college have concerns,if your not willing to use a first because of that you likely never draft a stud, all the top QBs at the present came with concerns. Thinking the Levi’s or Richardson will drop in the draft is mostly wishful thinking because to many teams need a QB with the high ceiling. That’s why QBs get drafted so early despite the concerns or warts.

I would stick with geno and pick a QB in round 3. Build the defense, let some other team burn high draft picks on likely busts

Seahawks draft him there is no reason he should get killed out there and lose confidence. First off he's very mobile, secondly he would have weapons like Metcalf, Lockett and Walker, his OL would not be crap ( which so many rookie QBs have for OL) and he'd have good coaching and not to much put on him right away. Wilson took some time to develop if you remember, think is you can't count on a RW type dropping into your lap. You take this opportunity or get by with second or third tier type QBs for next few years.

He's a ridiculous athlete playing QB, not a legit QB. he has huge bust potential. He should have stayed another year

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would stick with geno and pick a QB in round 3. Build the defense, let some other team burn high draft picks on likely busts
You would rather go with a second rate QB then. That can work out, but usually doesn’t, usually that means you just end up cycling bums for years.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a ridiculous athlete playing QB, not a legit QB. he has huge bust potential. He should have stayed another year
He's not one of those who runs with the ball at every chance like Vick or Cam did, like RW he rolls out/ run when needed but tries to find a receiver. One thing I like about him is he'll throw it to all parts of the field ( which a lot of college QB do not) he doesn't shy away from throwing to the middle, or the sideline or going long or even dumping it off if necessary. I get why your soar on him, there are times he got careless or lazy with his throws, coaching can correct that and he didn't do that habitually IMO it's just so notable when he does. I don't think his team was all that good TBH. I predict he's going to very good ( barring a shit team drafting him).

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can get a QB later in the draft honestly, what do you thank about this kid?

He’s got the height, legs, good arm, maybe he could be around with our 2nd pick…

No. God No

there is a seperate QB page i made stu

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I see Will Anderson the more I think Pete’s gonna jump on this kid

On he'd help us out alot.

I was saying to @Screamin12th in the game thread. My is SO MUCH OF A EDGE HEADACHE, That teams will find a way to Get at him................

Thus Freeing up Taylor/Mafe/Collier etc. To rush the QB.
He's who I hope Seahawks draft, only a first year starter and he's made some bad plays on occasion, but great arm, fastest QB in the draft looks to throw when he can while on the move and if he gets the right coaching has the highest ceiling of any QB in the draft. Great size and great metrics he could end up being elite.

Agreed, he looks like a dam good prospect… I think he’s gonna be around with our 2nd pick in the first round, assuming we’re sitting around the 10-11-12th pick .. But I’m with you, we need a good young QB going forward …

2 things stand out as a worry for me

• Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
  • His mechanics are hit-or-miss as Richardson struggles to remain consistent. His stride is inconsistent, leading to sporadic accuracy.
  • Although he does have a quick release he still often hangs on to the ball too long leading to sacks
  • Richardson has a bad habit of fading and throwing off his back foot when the pocket gets muddled, and he is too often all arm when throwing on the move, sacrificing accuracy.
  • Limited experience - he threw just 64 passes in 2021 - 2022 will be massive for him

Reactions: MrS

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a one read guy then takes off. He'll get crushed trying to pick up that extra yard or two.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not one of those who runs with the ball at every chance like Vick or Cam did, like RW he rolls out/ run when needed but tries to find a receiver. One thing I like about him is he'll throw it to all parts of the field ( which a lot of college QB do not) he doesn't shy away from throwing to the middle, or the sideline or going long or even dumping it off if necessary. I get why your soar on him, there are times he got careless or lazy with his throws, coaching can correct that and he didn't do that habitually IMO it's just so notable when he does. I don't think his team was all that good TBH. I predict he's going to very good ( barring a shit team drafting him).
having started one year in college, I dont think he is going to make it in the NFL if he is thrown into the fire right away. he needs a few years to sit how to play the position, thats the problem with going pro too early.

if we end up with a 20ish pick and he is still there, I wouldnt want to take him but I could understand it. taking a QB top 3 means he starts day one though, and he isnt that QB.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who are concerned about Jalen Carter's desire to play football, take a look at this and tell me if it still concerns you.

Even if he doesn't "love" football, you can still be great at something even if you don't like it. I fucking hate my job but I'm great at it and I'm paid well. I'm sure I'm not the only person here who can relate.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On he'd help us out alot.

I was saying to @Screamin12th in the game thread. My is SO MUCH OF A EDGE HEADACHE, That teams will find a way to Get at him................

Thus Freeing up Taylor/Mafe/Collier etc. To rush the QB.

2 things stand out as a worry for me

• Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
  • His mechanics are hit-or-miss as Richardson struggles to remain consistent. His stride is inconsistent, leading to sporadic accuracy.
  • Although he does have a quick release he still often hangs on to the ball too long leading to sacks
  • Richardson has a bad habit of fading and throwing off his back foot when the pocket gets muddled, and he is too often all arm when throwing on the move, sacrificing accuracy.
  • Limited experience - he threw just 64 passes in 2021 - 2022 will be massive for him
QB’s are almost always risky, so many just don’t pan out … One thing I like though with John, he’s shown to be pretty dam good at spotting QB talent, Russ, then he wanted Mahomes, so we’ll have to trust what he see’s…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who are concerned about Jalen Carter's desire to play football, take a look at this and tell me if it still concerns you.

Even if he doesn't "love" football, you can still be great at something even if you don't like it. I fucking hate my job but I'm great at it and I'm paid well. I'm sure I'm not the only person here who can relate.

He’s a monster

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he was almost invisible against OSU, but to be fair he was double teamed almost all day and when he did make it through he was tackled quite a bit

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
having started one year in college, I dont think he is going to make it in the NFL if he is thrown into the fire right away. he needs a few years to sit how to play the position, thats the problem with going pro too early.

if we end up with a 20ish pick and he is still there, I wouldnt want to take him but I could understand it. taking a QB top 3 means he starts day one though, and he isnt that QB.
Went back and watched more games he played and decided I got carried away with AR , he looks rough in many of games I watched. Guess I so want to find the QB of the future this year that I got carried away with him.
I know I don't want the Seahawks QB position dependent on Geno Smith for further success and that finding the future QB should be the #1 priority this draft. Yes they have other needs and some like stud DL are also hard to fill, but not as hard as finding a QB and no where near as important and you get lemons drafting DL as often as drafting a QB. You only have to look at the young DL the Seahawks have to realize that.
If the Seahawks don't find a QB this draft it will be like deja vu when the Seahawks had Travis Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst at QB but draft position meant they had no chance at the top rated QBs in the draft. Yes they found the answer to their prayers in RW, but that was SO lucky and such LONG ODDS that having to do that AGAIN seems near impossible, yet some here seem to think it won't be a problem. What a stroke of fortune that the Broncos crashed and burned and now the Seahawks have a top 3 pick. Seahawks will never have better odds to find a franchise QB then this draft. Ever other position can be addressed AFTER they take care of finding their QB of the future.
Like many here I've always believed that winning in the trench's is where games are won or loss often, but even that is less important than having a QB that can win games for the team. The trenches are made up of a unit, no one player will make it top notch by himself. QB on the other hand is one player and that one player means much more than any one player in the trenches and it's not even close. I do not want to go forward with Travis Jackson/Geno Smith when there is this golden opportunity to find that QB of the future. It's true this draft doesn't have any slam dunk elite QB but this draft class is miles better than last year draft at QB and has several QBs that could/should be starters for teams. Brady, Rodgers, RW, Matt Ryan are old war horse that will need to be replaced soon and there is a slew of failed QBs who were given their chance and showed they are not the answer and teams will be looking to replace them also in a draft also, so now is the time to find a QB while the opportunity exists. If the Seahawks punt the QB position this draft, it will be the single most egregious draft mistake in Seahawks draft history IMO, it will be like expecting to hit on the mega million a second time.