• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo Says DeMarco Murray Asked Him to Take Pay Cut?

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles may have overpaid, but they upgraded over McCoy and saved salary cap. Was a good move by them overall. Cowboys fans just want to be OK with Murray leaving, which is understandable because they're Cowboys fans. And it probably was the Cowboys' only option considering their other assets.

From an outsider's POV, it looks like everyone won.
Yea the realist cowboys fans have known for a while that we were losing murray this offseason. It was not realistic to keep both dez and murray. All that really sucks is that he went to philly, but it is what it is.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why people are upset with either Romo or Murray here. This just means Murray wanted to stay and Romo was willing to help. It also means Dallas wasn't all that enamored with resigning Murray period. Their probably concerned about his health.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's true why isn't Murray a Cowboy right now ? According too Romo he was willing so...... ????

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really get the vibe that the Cowboys just didn't want Murray back. Maybe they know something we don't? If they have a gameplan in place in terms of how they want to allocate funds throughout the lineup I can understand them standing firm with their $6 million offer.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have a gameplan in place in terms of how they want to allocate funds throughout the lineup I can understand them standing firm with their $6 million offer.
This seems more logical than not wanting Murray back, and the main reason why I remain somewhat sure AP in Dallas is a pipedream

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And apparently Romo has done just that, at least a re-structure if not a cut.

Why is Murray not a Cowboy then ? I know they restructured him a while back but this sounds like another pay cut he was willing to take....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Murray not a Cowboy then ? I know they restructured him a while back but this sounds like another pay cut he was willing to take....

Its not a pay cut. They took his 2015 salary, and converted it to a signing bonus, allowing them to prorate it. It brings his cap hit down this year, but his cap hits will increase by 3.2 mil per year for the rest of his contract.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...and we can add emmitt to that list but I'm sure that will be playing into your post here.

The line in Dallas is good, but hasn't "arrived" just yet as all time greatness with plug and play RB's. Murray had a huge role with running success in Dallas last season and has actually been good in prior seasons....however, it helps me see why you left out emmitt in the first place. Shame....really is and borderline football clueless
I didn't read it as "Emmit wasn't a good RB." I read it as mentioning HOF RB's that may have had poor line play which Emmit wouldn't be included.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read it as "Emmit wasn't a good RB." I read it as mentioning HOF RB's that may have had poor line play which Emmit wouldn't be included.
Dallas had a better line compared to both the Lions and bears. I also think the word poor is way to strong a word and not true. Eric Dickerson ran behind a good line, Big Earl not so much. Yet many seem to always downgrade Emmitt when looking back at the all time great RB's. Truth be told, most all great RB's had quality lines

just an opinion

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas had a better line compared to both the Lions and bears. I also think the word poor is way to strong a word and not true. Eric Dickerson ran behind a good line, Big Earl not so much. Yet many seem to always downgrade Emmitt when looking back at the all time great RB's. Truth be told, most all great RB's had quality lines

just an opinion

Fair enough. That's your opinion and your entitled to it. Not many people outside of Dallas fans when entrenched in a Barry vs. Emmit debate would suggest that the Lions had a formidable line. I wasn't trying to open this can of worms in fact quite the opposite. Smith was one of the greats. He also happened to have a fantastic O-line. This debate is tired.

This thread is about Murray leaving. I agree completely with the Cowboys not spending big money on a position that has lost it's luster when factoring in longevity. Murray in his young career has proven to be a spectacular talent who is often injured. Even his "breakout" year ended with him battling a wrist injury. I wouldn't have wanted my team to sign him for big money.

I think McCoy was the better more proven back. He also has a lot of miles on those tires. Good move our bout, only time can tell.

I think it's pretty Bush for Romo to discuss any private conversations about a former player that may cast that player in a negative light. Even if Murray had the chance to defend himself(which he didn't) I think it's in poor taste.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah anyone who thinks that Murray's 1800+ yards last year was just due to the OL and that Dallas can spend pennies on the dollars to replace him and get similar production are idiots.
I am then by definition, an idiot.
Murray was a good RB last year. Lots of carries and now done.
I will qualify my comment about replacement:
Cowboys get similar production to what Murray would give this season, at a lot less money.
(no McFadden is not the answer, either)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am then by definition, an idiot.
Murray was a good RB last year. Lots of carries and now done.
I will qualify my comment about replacement:
Cowboys get similar production to what Murray would give this season, at a lot less money.
(no McFadden is not the answer, either)

So many jokes so little time...:kidding: