• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quarter Pole thoughts...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB

Everybody everywhere says it... so why do we continue to draft them so high??? It happens every year. Time and time again. Ryan and Stafford vs Newton and Rodgers have yet again, drilled into our eyeballs, irrefutable evidence of why you should NEVER draft a QB before the 8th round. I get it, the 40 burger is an attractive meal, but realistically, they are few and far between.
Dak vs Romo? Prescott breaks the record books with his ball security for a start to a career. Romo is the Cowboys all time leader in everything but January wins.
Remember when everyone anointed Winston to a top five QB after week one? Matchups are everything! Look at Brees on the road! Andrew Luck! LOL

RB

Everybody, and I mean everybody, now wish they selected Bell first...and backed him up with DWill. The best thing about being suspended for the first three games, is you can't (or are exponentially less likely to) get hurt... right AP? For those owners that did draft AP, hope you didn't draft McKinnon too, then trade him like he was Darren Sproles..... (inside joke for MBBRL)
Zeke looks like the real deal... lots of people jumped on this bandwagon, I was not one of them. Truly the Dallas Cowboys are leading this team. As does DeMarco Murray, as long as we're on guys I was off (that didn't sound good).
Gordon looks good, his competition has collapsed, as has his other teammates. SD in trouble defensively even more now with the loss of Verrett. Gordon has to stay on the field in comeback games....right? Hope he doesn't get McClusterfucked.
Lat Murray roller coaster is a weird one. Can't wrap my head around it. He looks good to me, but I do not have a job with the Raiders.
Were the first two weeks mirages? Opposite mirages? Forte getting 30 carries is absolutely unsustainable. Powell already seems to be cutting into the passing game and the Jets defense (secondary) is not like they used to be. Then we have Lacy getting nothing for two weeks... then 17 carries. Will that continue to rise as production follows? Cobb, Adams and the rest have been given a long enough leash... time to unload the ground game?

WR

Is ODB really trying to be Randy Moss.... on and off the field?
Hopkins and ARob are looking like high end #2's... could change, but last year's consistency is not coming back.
How 'bout that? Sanders AND Thomas inside the top 12 at WR. Scheduling? Or is Semien better than we think?
Jordy Nelson is the #12 WR despite having played only three games.
Crabtree is #5 despite Cooper getting all the hype (and double teams), but this could be Decker 2015 in the making... cause that coverage ain't goin' away from Cooper.
Waivers starts clearing out a little now, so the easy streaming will start to look not so much. As a big backer in WR2/3 streaming, from experience I beg you, don't try to get cute.

TE

Remember when Kyle Rudolph was everyone's darling? Guess he just needed Sam Bradford. Looks legit to me.
Jimmy Graham has made a lot of people upset........that they didn't draft (and hold) him.
Greg Olsen is steady Eddie.
Reed owners need not worry (obviously a week late on that assumption), but the targets were there the whole time. Health remains his only concern.
Speaking of health. Was that really a Gronk injury? Or was he just waiting for Brady? This 2-TE set is gonna rock and roll I think. I hate them, but appreciate what they do and how they make it look when they're clicking.

DST

Vikings look just as (if not more) legit than the Broncos. Zimmer and Phillips are very good at what they do.... the players aren't bad either.
Let's give credit to Jim Schwartz too. Stout D line everywhere he goes.
Go rewatch that Saints/Falcons Monday nighter... were Freeman and Coleman receiving the handoffs five yards down field or something? Was that a scrimmage or something?

K

Gostkowski is the #19 kicker.

Gotta love the useless rants when time is on one's side!

How in H-E double hockey sticks are we a quarter of the way through already??????

.... got any gut calls? buy low? sell high? sell low? buy high?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder where all of those "streaming" owners are? How are they doing?
I remember lots of preseason talk about loading up on WR or other positions, because they planned on streaming TE or RB or D/ST.
Can't imagine that any available TE, RB or D/ST have been "bankable" options for streaming thus far.

One player that has surprised me is Torrey Smith.
Most guys were taking a late-round flier on him in most every draft.
He's a WR1.
He has completely fallen off the fantasy map.
Not many WR1 have that distinction.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember lots of preseason talk about loading up on WR or other positions, because they planned on streaming TE or RB or D/ST.
Can't imagine that any available TE, RB or D/ST have been "bankable" options for streaming thus far.

One player that has surprised me is Torrey Smith.
Most guys were taking a late-round flier on him in most every draft.
He's a WR1.
He has completely fallen off the fantasy map.
Not many WR1 have that distinction.

Yeah, I was kind of buying the Chip Kelly thing... but when you look at it, Smith is a deep ball catcher. Gabbert is not Joe Flacco... Gabbert is not even Nick Foles. Maybe there was Kaepernick hope? Glad I made no purchases there.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Lat is out.... wasn't aware of that.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty happy with Rudolph at TE in multiple leagues and the Bills/Vikings/Eagles at DST

So far the leagues i'm doing poorly in this season are the leagues i went BPA and ended up WR heavy in. I think i'll be back to drafting RB heavy regardless of rankings next year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty happy with Rudolph at TE in multiple leagues and the Bills/Vikings/Eagles at DST

So far the leagues i'm doing poorly in this season are the leagues i went BPA and ended up WR heavy in. I think i'll be back to drafting RB heavy regardless of rankings next year.
me too

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn good post @TKOSpikes .

I also liked a comment you made on another (MBBRL?) thread. We all blah blah blahhhhed about how the WRs are taking over in the 'new' NFL...

...and in the end, it's all about the RBs.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My WR heavy money team is on cruise control. I'll stick with that strategy myself. It's nice not having to worry about your lineup from week to week. I'm not a fan of running backs. Too inconsistent. Not worth the high pick/risk. You coulda drafted Julio where you drafted AP for instance.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My WR heavy money team is on cruise control. I'll stick with that strategy myself. It's nice not having to worry about your lineup from week to week. I'm not a fan of running backs. Too inconsistent. Not worth the high pick/risk. You coulda drafted Julio where you drafted AP for instance.

Could have drafted a lot of people. Cruise control? Lol... except when it rains I guess... and Snead hasn't repeated week one yet (did I get them right?) Most players are inconsistent. Even your beloved AJ Green.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have drafted a lot of people. Cruise control? Lol... except when it rains I guess... and Snead hasn't repeated week one yet (did I get them right?) Most players are inconsistent. Even your beloved AJ Green.

I'm not in love with any player on the Bengals offense. Green is wasted in that crap offense.

WRs are the better buy. Not even sometimes. They're always the better value in the draft.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in love with any player on the Bengals offense. Green is wasted in that crap offense.

WRs are the better buy. Not even sometimes. They're always the better value in the draft.

Love your absolutes. It's hilarious.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love your absolutes. It's hilarious.

All you do is insult me. It's childish. All I did was give my opinion and you insult. If you don't agree that's fine. Just say you don't agree. No need for the insults.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's look at the top drafted WR.

Brown. Awesome.
Julio. Awesome, but banged up sometimes.
ODB. Better value than Bell? LMAO
Hopkins. LMFAO
Green. Great player, always inconsistent.
Robinson. Getting silly now.
Nelson. There's a good one.
Evans. Liking it...but now we're in the 3rd round.
Dez.
How about Cooper? Watkins? Hilton? Alshon? Cooks? Benjamin?

Where in these 15, is there "not sometimes, always"?

Can't wait.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you do is insult me. It's childish. All I did was give my opinion and you insult. If you don't agree that's fine. Just say you don't agree. No need for the insults.

Sorry bud. Thought that's how you roll. I mean no disrespect.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at the top drafted WR.

Brown. Awesome.
Julio. Awesome, but banged up sometimes.
ODB. Better value than Bell? LMAO
Hopkins. LMFAO
Green. Great player, always inconsistent.
Robinson. Getting silly now.
Nelson. There's a good one.
Evans. Liking it...but now we're in the 3rd round.
Dez.
How about Cooper? Watkins? Hilton? Alshon? Cooks? Benjamin?

Where in these 15, is there "not sometimes, always"?

Can't wait.

Well, we'll have to wait for the season sample. We can take a look at last season and see. I'm actually at the hospital typing on my phone or I'd do it.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we'll have to wait for the season sample. We can take a look at last season and see. I'm actually at the hospital typing on my phone or I'd do it.

Yup. Last year was a crazy year. I just think people went way overboard this year (myself included) on chancing unlikely repeated success. There are only so many RB to go around. And too many WR.

Example. I'd rather have Lacy going forward over Hopkins. That thought was probably in single digit percentages in preseason.... now? Closer to 33%...maybe 50.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Lacy going forward over Hopkins.

Breaking News: My spies have uncovered exclusive video of Eddie on bye week.
giphy.gif
:pound::pound::pound: