• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo's Offensive Support Never Better?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point isn't it somewhat of a given? Dez will be shut down a few games here and there (as any quality player can be) but yes I do think the Cowboys will be better.
Bad wording on my part, I was trying to say the Cowboys can fill the void for a game or two if Dez has to sit for injury,

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this ends up the case, but seems like putting the cart before the horse. OL should be great. Dez should be great. Elliott hasn't even practiced in pads, let alone play a snap in the league and while the talent is there who knows if he will ever be a player. Add an aging Jason Witten and a marginal #2 in Terrence Williams (unless someone beats him out) and I'm not sure this is true or at best is too early to say.

Right now, IMO MBIII, TO and crew or the 2014 version with a little bit younger Witten are still on top

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad wording on my part, I was trying to say the Cowboys can fill the void for a game or two if Dez has to sit for injury,

Gots ya! Makes sense

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I try. I fear Romo getting hurt, I think Dez can be covered for a game orvtwo, but if Romo gets hurts odds are it will be more than a game or two.
No need to worry, everything is under control :heh:

x.jpe

Probably the 4th time I posted this pic for Manster, so if you all don't mind I better :bolt: before fists start coming my way in rapid fashion.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this ends up the case, but seems like putting the cart before the horse. OL should be great. Dez should be great. Elliott hasn't even practiced in pads, let alone play a snap in the league and while the talent is there who knows if he will ever be a player. Add an aging Jason Witten and a marginal #2 in Terrence Williams (unless someone beats him out) and I'm not sure this is true or at best is too early to say.

Right now, IMO MBIII, TO and crew or the 2014 version with a little bit younger Witten are still on top

Agree....I am buying into the hype on Elliott, think he will be absolutely fantastic.....But not upgrading the pieces around Dez is surprising

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper this may be the best group of talent Romo has had around him. Great offensive line and very good talent at the skill positions. But he is coming off repeated injuries, Witten is ancient, and Elliott is a rookie. One good hit to Romo's back or collarbone and it's all over for him.

Defensively, also as noted, they have very little talent up front. Shockingly little. And it is made worse by suspensions. They will have to put up a lot of points to win games.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of the few that doesn't see the superior defenses that reside in washington, nyg, and philly.
I'd also understand the witten rocking chair reference's if he forgets how to block and run those 5 to 8 yard 1st down routes. I know I'm looking more and more forward to the start of football to find these things out

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper this may be the best group of talent Romo has had around him. Great offensive line and very good talent at the skill positions. But he is coming off repeated injuries, Witten is ancient, and Elliott is a rookie. One good hit to Romo's back or collarbone and it's all over for him.

Defensively, also as noted, they have very little talent up front. Shockingly little. And it is made worse by suspensions. They will have to put up a lot of points to win games.

lol....so many say, and some say it more often than others.

This is starting to remind me of July 2014 with regards to the dallas defense....less fan nation folks

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if their defense isn't good, that offense stays healthy can hang with anyone!

Disclaimer: I still hate the fockers!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of the few that doesn't see the superior defenses that reside in washington, nyg, and philly.
I'd also understand the witten rocking chair reference's if he forgets how to block and run those 5 to 8 yard 1st down routes. I know I'm looking more and more forward to the start of football to find these things out
Agree, I think the defenses are very close to each other, there is no superior D in the NFCE.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if their defense isn't good, that offense stays healthy can hang with anyone!

Disclaimer: I still hate the fockers!
I know I didn't expect 12-4, nor 4-12 with Romo out.

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Can't blame Dallas for trying to recapture 2014 by selecting what they hope to be a NFL RB stud. I know in football there is something to be said for being able to move your man and gain 5 or 6 yards.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I didn't expect 12-4, nor 4-12 with Romo out.

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Can't blame Dallas for trying to recapture 2014 by selecting what they hope to be a NFL RB stud. I know in football there is something to be said for being able to move your man and gain 5 or 6 yards.

I don't blame them at all for taken the best RB in the draft, hell behind that Oline I can average 4.5 yds a carry.
It was a smart move!

It comes down to Romo being able to stay healthy, and the D playing above there norm...

Can a 4-12 team turn around and 12-4 in the NFC east? Hell yes, it's not like this division has been tough the past few years, it's been a total crap shoot....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dez stays healthy even without upgrades, the rest of the receivers will seem better.