• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo Is A Class Act

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He understands "TEAM". And he also, understandably, wants to play.
He's played through many injuries, even during games, to win games.
Tony has helped win 15 out of the last 19 games he's played in.
Since November 24, 2013, with Romo starting...........The COWBOYS in road starts, were 11 and 1
in 2014 regular season, the COWBOYS with Romo at QB, on the road, were a perfect 8 and 0.
In his last 24 games he's played in, Romo has a passer rating of 103.0.

BUT

Dak Prescott, deserves to continue to be the starter, for the DALLAS COWBOYS.

Want to list the NFL teams Tony Romo could start for?
I'm thinking about 15 or more

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember it's not just a talent thing when you talk about other teams he could start for. Even if he doesn't demand a restructure he costs another team $14M next year if traded. Not easy to fit that under the cap. I guess they could convert part to a bonus and push the hit down the road like we did, but they would have to assume he can stay healthy and at the top of his game for at least two years to do that. I don't think he can. His body just can't keep up with his heart...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for Tony to pursue a career in the PGA.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Jets, Broncos, Bears, or Rams(I know they have Goff, that's bust city), I'd be all over him

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Jets, Broncos, Bears, or Rams(I know they have Goff, that's bust city), I'd be all over him

Bears , Skins( if Cousins doesn't resign), Broncos, Texans

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears , Skins( if Cousins doesn't resign), Broncos, Texans
I wouldn't discount the Jets....Marshall, Decker, Forte, salty D....a healthy Romo would be a Lamborghini Compared to the lemons they've got at QB

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't discount the Jets....Marshall, Decker, Forte, salty D....a healthy Romo would be a Lamborghini Compared to the lemons they've got at QB

I agree. I think Rams too

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early in romos career I thought he could lead the cowboys to the superbowl. looking at his 4 playoff losses It could be said he did not play well against the seahawks, (the fumbled hold) and minnesota. the giants loss I blame crayton and the defense the packer loss I blamed Murray for the fumble and a bs call by the refs.

As a whole you look back and romo had a crap defense his whole career. It should also be noted the horribe mistake when the cowboys decided to not take Stephen Jackson and trading down and taking Juliette jones. Jackson could have got the cowboys more playoff wins I guarantee you.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early in romos career I thought he could lead the cowboys to the superbowl. looking at his 4 playoff losses It could be said he did not play well against the seahawks, (the fumbled hold) and minnesota. the giants loss I blame crayton and the defense the packer loss I blamed Murray for the fumble and a bs call by the refs.

As a whole you look back and romo had a crap defense his whole career. It should also be noted the horribe mistake when the cowboys decided to not take Stephen Jackson and trading down and taking Juliette jones. Jackson could have got the cowboys more playoff wins I guarantee you.

That Minnesota game was brutal. I can't remember a game when Romo was under constant pressure more than that game.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the giants loss I blame crayton and the defense
this game labeled me a romo hater for a few seasons. Team game, group effort that day.

Romo misses a 3RD QTR open Owens across the middle on 3rd down...Owens walks in for 6, instead we kick a FG (4 points). Romo also had a 1st downs twice on NY's side of the field in the 4th and came away with zero points

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this game labeled me a romo hater for a few seasons. Team game, group effort that day.

Romo misses a 3RD QTR open Owens across the middle on 3rd down...Owens walks in for 6, instead we kick a FG (4 points). Romo also had a 1st downs twice on NY's side of the field in the 4th and came away with zero points

Not a good day.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good day.
Dale Hansen who shoulda retired awhile back went unplugged last night on his sports broadcast.

I seldom agree with Hansen and he said some things I'd question but for the mst part hit the nail as to how I view Romo THUS FAR... cause I'm not sure it's completely been written, BUT...as of today in a nut shell.

I love the caliber of player and the type of person ROMO AND the Sean Lee types represent. Like life, you tip your cap to the guy who over came their fair shares of adversity and always maintained the person they are. That is special in any walk of life and seldom truly seen today.

Back to Hansen....Millions have lost their jobs, had their world suddenly turned upside down, that's life and Romo is set for life with regards to security for his family. Hansen I think said it was the philly game that kept us from the playoffs one season and when questioned after the game about his play he responded if this is the worst thing to happen then I lived a good life or something to that effect. I remember Romo saying this after a bad game and Romo was right. Just like Romo losing his job to Prescott isn't the worst thing he'll face in his life. Romo knew it after that bad game and he knows it now, which for me, makes him so likeable.

Hansen also pointed out what I've said for all my years of watching Cowboy football. I'm not blown away by the stats or team records. Not when this organization is this organization with regards to QB play. The bar is set high and for all I love about Tony Romo and what he's meant to the Dallas Cowboys during his time in a Dallas uni..........He's Danny White and Danny White was a helleva NFL QB

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dale Hansen who shoulda retired awhile back went unplugged last night on his sports broadcast.

I seldom agree with Hansen and he said some things I'd question but for the mst part hit the nail as to how I view Romo THUS FAR... cause I'm not sure it's completely been written, BUT...as of today in a nut shell.

I love the caliber of player and the type of person ROMO AND the Sean Lee types represent. Like life, you tip your cap to the guy who over came their fair shares of adversity and always maintain the person they are. That is special in any walk of life and seldom truly seen today.

Back to Hansen....Millions have lost their jobs, had their world suddenly turned upside down, that's life and Romo is set for life with regards to security for his family. Hansen I think said it was the philly game that kept us from the playoffs one season and when questioned after the game about his play he responded something to the effect that if this is the worst thing to happen then I lived a good life or something to that effect. I remember Romo saying this after a bad game and Romo was right. Just like Romo losing his job to Prescott isn't the worst thing he'll face in his life. Romo knew it after that bad game and he knows it now, which for me, makes him so likeable.

Hansen also pointed out what I've said for all my years of watching Cowboy football. I'm not blown away by the stats or team records. Not when this organization is this organization with regards to QB play. The bar is set high and for all I love about Tony Romo and what he's meant to the Dallas Cowboys during his time in a Dallas uni..........He's Danny White and Danny White was a helleva NFL QB
Yep. At the end of ''The Catch'' NFC Championship game, Drew Pearson was brought down by a jersey grab with nothing but green grass in front of him. If he breaks that and scores, White is likely a HOFer. For Romo, if the Dez catch isn't overturned, there's a good chance the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, and Romo has a shot too

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just hard. I'm not sure I have ever seen anything like this. Some will say Brady/ Bledsoe- Brady wasn't a rookie. I have always seen Romo going out at seasons end or something maybe like Kurt Warner/ Eli Manning with the Giants. The Giants were going nowhere and put the number 1 draft pick in week 11. People saw that happening.

Now to Dak. I'm sure there may be a couple of more but Big Ben is the only Rookie to have this kind of winning success that I can remember. I remember he was throwing for 150 yards a game but he was winning . I think he even beat us that yr in a real close game that yr. He was a first round pick though.
4 months ago- 120 days- the Cowboys weren't even sure if Dak was gonna dress on game days . The Blue / white Scrimmage- I can remember Broaddus talking about how much Showers had inproved. They weren't impressed with Dak at all. They were saying he was too safe, etc.... In other words, not good for me because I love Dak and wanted the best for the guy. The question though was can either of them fill in if Romo were to miss a series or two. I mean it wasn't to hold the fort down for a game or two because that wasn't happening since backups were 1-10 or whatever in 2015 for the Cowboys . Then Dak went on his run in preseason. Of course it was preseason. Then Romo gets hurt , so we now have to really go out and get a QB. When they brought in Sanchez, I really thought he would be the starter by week 3. I just remember reading all those practice reports and Broaddus answering questions about Dak and basically sugar coating it to make Dak sound decent enough to make the team. I mean go back 5 months we were starving for a back up, even though some of us liked Moore.
Then the season begins. He was shaky Week 1 but we had a chance.The next week he wins at Washington( come back win) and played really well. Chicago - basically flawless. I remember turning it on NFL Network after the game so I could see him interviewed maybe. What did I see? Deon saying the Romo era should be over. I couldn't believe it. It was almost a joke to me and then LT agreed . Of course me, I start panicking ,saying these are two Hall of Famers saying this dumb shit. It's built ever since. The GB game though was when it really started becoming bittersweet for me. We dominated and even though we won and got the tie breaker for HFA vs my most hated team, I was thinking if Dak can go in there and win, he can win anywhere. Of course GB - right now- isn't the team many thought , but I still don't want to go there in January.
Aikman- everyone was talking now about Dak taking over. Aikman continued to try to point out every mistake he was making. I could tell he was backing Romo. Now of course, he like me can't believe it.

Look it was so hard for me to watch Aikman retire and cry but we knew it was time. Arrington finished him that day, and when it happened I think we all knew it.
Romo , the other day, sounded like a guy telling his kids he was getting a divorce. I wasn't a NE fan, so I'm not real sure about the Bledsoe/ Brady thing and the effect it had on people but it interesting because nobody saw a 6th round draft pick that barely started in college taking over. One difference though is Bledsoe still had a lot left in the tank. This reminds me more of Young/ Montana. Don't get me wrong neither Dak nor Romo are on their levels but the feelings are similar. I remember feeling terrible for Montana.

It's been a tough week , but like Colors said that's life. The thing that bothers me though is when I think 3-5yrs from now. Everyone knew Young, Luck, Brady, Eli, Rodgers was going to be really good players. I guess the pessimist in me doesn't allow me to know the same thing about Dak.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. At the end of ''The Catch'' NFC Championship game, Drew Pearson was brought down by a jersey grab with nothing but green grass in front of him. If he breaks that and scores, White is likely a HOFer. For Romo, if the Dez catch isn't overturned, there's a good chance the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, and Romo has a shot too
Agree. Yeah, Seattle was a real good team but we already beat them once and NE too was a good team, but I think we would have had a shot in that one too. But, the good teams as we all know win in spite of those things. If we were good enough to win we shouldn't have needed that Dez catch (I'm still remembering we didn't just go for the first down there and keep moving the chains!!!! Didn't like that play call, but you gotta go for it sometimes I guess in life). Maybe this is the year. You would think this team isn't ready to win a championship yet looking at our flaws, but no team out there looks like a championship team, so who knows and friggin Dak just keeps finding ways to win these games for us. Maybe God finally found that hole in the roof to watch through again after all these years...