• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomlin fined 100K

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fine is fair. Tomlin handled it correctly after the fact and basically told them it was deserved. A draft pick is too much for an on the field incident.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, it's not a fact - it's an OPINION and yours means no more than anyone else's.

Second, PROVE it was intentional.

My opinion happens to be the league's opinion. Tomlin was fined exactly the same as the Jets coach who tripped the Dolphins' player. Did he get "disoriented" as well?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion happens to be the league's opinion. Tomlin was fined exactly the same as the Jets coach who tripped the Dolphins' player. Did he get "disoriented" as well?

That's a stretch to say the least.

The jets coach was an assistant and doesn't make as much. The money value isn't relevant, especially when Tomlin came out and responded to it correctly.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Money, you know the Jets coach didn't do that on purpose either, his knee just happened to give out at the exact same time the gunner was in front of him and unfortunately he tripped....Go figure !!:scratch:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a stretch to say the least.

The jets coach was an assistant and doesn't make as much. The money value isn't relevant, especially when Tomlin came out and responded to it correctly.

He did? I thought he just apologized for "making a mistake".

He was "disoriented" when he took a huge sidestep to put himself in perfect position along the sideline to interfere with Jones. He was still "disoriented" when he was glancing behind waiting for Jones to get to him. He was still "disoriented" when he made an abrupt movement with his foot into (not away from) the actual field of play. He was still "disoriented" when he had a huge grin on his face after the play.

You know when the grin went away? It went away when it was shown several times on the Jumbotron. That's when reality set in that he was caught.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The FINE was the same but I don't see Tomlin suspended. Did you?

Just a fine - that tells me, and most others here, the NFL thought it wasn't intentional.

So...again...PROVE it was intentional.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, it's not a fact - it's an OPINION and yours means no more than anyone else's.

Second, PROVE it was intentional.

If the NFL didn't think it was.....possibly taking a draft pick away from them wouldn't be in question right now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Tomlin and this incident doesn't change that. I just wish he had given a sincere apology. There's a huge difference between apologizing for a "mistake" and apologizing for a "calculated action".

There you have it...you can't accept it as genuine b/c you believe it was intentional.

I'm like Tomlin and the Steelers...just pay the damn fine and keep it moving...the Ravens won the game...trying to determine if he intended to do it, just drags out something that I'm not sure can ever be 100% proven. I get the sense that could lose positioning on a pick, we'll see how it comes down the pike.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Money, you know the Jets coach didn't do that on purpose either, his knee just happened to give out at the exact same time the gunner was in front of him and unfortunately he tripped....Go figure !!:scratch:

At least he manned up. This was his apology:

"I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment. My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for."

Tomlin should have taken notes.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL didn't think it was.....possibly taking a draft pick away from them wouldn't be in question right now.

I think if they didn't think it was a possibility...we don't know exactly what the NFL thinks yet.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....considering that the NFL is waiting until the end of the season to see if that play possibly comes into effect when it comes to tie breaking rules concerning the playoffs. Point totals (plus other things) come into play.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FINE was the same but I don't see Tomlin suspended. Did you?

Just a fine - that tells me, and most others here, the NFL thought it wasn't intentional.

So...again...PROVE it was intentional.

The Jets suspended Alosi...not the league. It's up to the Steelers to suspend or not suspend Tomlin. Them deciding not to doesn't mean a thing.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he manned up. This was his apology:

"I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment. My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for."

Tomlin should have taken notes.

Everyone knows he intended to do it, but it's the old lie til you die approach....It's their only out but Ray Charles could look at the tape and see he planned and did it on purpose....People are forgetting motive in this case.
His motive was simply, if I don't stop him, this game is over and so is any hope of the playoffs...
Desperate people do desperate things....:rollseyes:

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows he intended to do it, but it's the old lie til you die approach....It's their only out but Ray Charles could look at the tape and see he planned and did it on purpose....People are forgetting motive in this case.
His motive was simply, if I don't stop him, this game is over and so is any hope of the playoffs...
Desperate people do desperate things....:rollseyes:

Ray Charles is blind. He can't look at anything.:scratch:

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,493.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think fining him was the better idea then take a draft pick away. I still think he did it by mistake

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the avatar Fish, I used to do some bass fishin and still go every now and then...Are you a fisherman ?