• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomlin fined 100K

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
73,000 people are in the stadium watching the play... except for the one guy that happened to be accidentally on the field.

Come on?

Had he been looking at the jumbotron he would have known the play was coming his way and got the hell out of the way. He surely wouldn't have acted all surprised and jostled out of the way like he did. It's not like he is someone's wife that never watches football and has no clue what the hell is going on, he's an NFL head coach. He knows what's going on at all times.

All that said, it's over and everyone needs to move on.

Nah we still need to whine about BB and the video taping that everyone in the league was doing.

Course I don't remember a coach being on the field to disrupt a play...The Steel boys need to lose a few picks on top of the 100k fine.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously ??? You could clearly see his eyes looking back for JJ to get there and his face was not pointed at the Jumbotron..
That's a no brainer, and no matter that he has conducted himself previously as a stand up guy, he made a bad judgement to do what he did, but he did do it on purpose and the league knows it.....He could have caused an injury to the players as JJ got horse collared from having to slow down and change direction..
Take it like a man, there ain't no way out for him otherwise....:whistle:

Did you not see in the same post you qouted where I said he looked back?

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some interesting info about the potential of draft picks being taken away:

By Ed Bouchette Pittsburgh Post-Gazette about 2 hours ago
Good morning,

Only the NFL can take something as simple as fining Mike Tomlin and turning it into a confusing mess. That’s what they did when they tacked on the possible loss of draft picks that “will be considered after the final order of the 2014 draft has been determined,’’ according to the league release on the matter.

But as Ray Fittipaldo points out in his story today in the Post-Gazette, after consulting a source at the NFL, the draft pick would only be changed if that play that possibly cost the Ravens a touchdown affects playoff tiebreakers. There is little chance of that.

The NFL then has determined that Jacoby Jones might have scored a touchdown had Mike Tomlin not stepped into his path. They wound up kicking a field goal. That four-point difference theoretically could mean the difference between the Ravens making the playoffs and not making them based on a tiebreaker way down the list of tiebreakers. Point differential rarely comes into play.

So that is why the NFL ruled that draft picks could be taken away or altered. Yet, because it was ambiguous in its statement "Because the conduct affected a play on the field, a modification or forfeiture of draft choices” will be considered, the NFL fueled all kinds of speculation as to what that might be.

Basically, it means nothing because Baltimore’s position as a playoff team is so highly unlikely to be determined by those four points. But the NFL should have just come out and said that.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is whining. We just want to see Tomlin man up about cheating. It was a moment of weakness on his part. It's all good, but everyone needs to be accountable for their actions.

Both of these things happened.

He said he broke a rule and made no excuses about it.

He has been fined 100K.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of these things happened.

He said he broke a rule and made no excuses about it.

He has been fined 100K.

He said he "accidentally" broke a rule. That's BS. He also did have an excuse. He said he got disorientated. Again...BS. There is a huge difference between apologizing for a accident and apologizing for a calculated action.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he "accidentally" broke a rule. That's BS. He also did have an excuse. He said he got disorientated. Again...BS. There is a huge difference between apologizing for a accident and apologizing for a calculated action.

Can you PROVE he was lying?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course. There are several camera angles that capture his actions throughout the play. You can start with the huge step sideways he took (to the very edge of the field) to put himself in position when Jones first turned the corner and headed down the sideline. They can then see him looking backwards out of the corner of his eye as Jones was approaching. You can then look at the spastic step forwards (into the field of play) which caused Jones to turn inside. You can then look at the shit eating grin he had on his face when the play was over and there were no flags. The grin disappears when they started replaying the whole thing on the Jumbotron and he realized he was caught and this would be a big deal.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Walsh had film that has him admitting it. Goodell burned them though

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not see in the same post you qouted where I said he looked back?

Yes I did, but then out of the other side of your mouth in the same quote you said this : "Tomlin does not strike me as a type of guy who would do a **** move like this on purpose.."

That's what I was referring to, did you forget you said it ? :rollseyes:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. There are several camera angles that capture his actions throughout the play. You can start with the huge step sideways he took (to the very edge of the field) to put himself in position when Jones first turned the corner and headed down the sideline. They can then see him looking backwards out of the corner of his eye as Jones was approaching. You can then look at the spastic step forwards (into the field of play) which caused Jones to turn inside. You can then look at the shit eating grin he had on his face when the play was over and there were no flags. The grin disappears when they started replaying the whole thing on the Jumbotron and he realized he was caught and this would be a big deal.

That's not proof, that's speculation.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I did, but then out of the other side of your mouth in the same quote you said this : "Tomlin does not strike me as a type of guy who would do a **** move like this on purpose.."

That's what I was referring to, did you forget you said it ? :rollseyes:

Touche... Jerk, LOL

Oh well... Doesn't really matter now he just got a huge fine

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not proof, that's speculation.

There's no need to speculate...it's all on tape. You just need to choose to open your eyes. I understand why you choose not to though.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, circumstantial. It's not proof.

I understand why YOU see it, though.

WTF are you talking about? What kind of proof would there be besides the video footage?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1479503_628207080576782_271938945_n.jpg

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hqdefault.jpg

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell was Tomlin doing at the Alabama/Auburn game?

mike-tomlin-chris-davis.jpg