• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomlin fined 100K

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I dont have a dog in this fight but I believe Modell is the one that moved them, so I dont know how that is stealing. Better than being a gypsy like Irsay and moving them at night from Balt to Indy. Right

Irsay was a hopeless drunk and him and Mayor Shaeffer used to battle all the time....Shaeffer got on the local news and called him out for being drunk all the time and hindering them finalizing the deal....
Indy offered him more money, and he ran in the middle of the nite....Tag supported it because he hated Baltimore.....Then Tag ripped us off for our expansion team and gave it to Jacksonville, saying they were a better market, how's that worked out....He left Baltimore no other recourse but to lure another team here, and we got the hapless Browns in 1996, 11 yrs after losing the colts....
In our 5th yr of existence we won our first SB with probably the best D ever and a mediocre qb.....Then 12 yrs later our 2nd SB win with our franchise qb and a weak old D.....That's the real story, I saw it all !!!!

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irsay was a hopeless drunk and him and Mayor Shaeffer used to battle all the time....Shaeffer got on the local news and called him out for being drunk all the time and hindering them finalizing the deal....
Indy offered him more money, and he ran in the middle of the nite....Tag supported it because he hated Baltimore.....Then Tag ripped us off for our expansion team and gave it to Jacksonville, saying they were a better market, how's that worked out....He left Baltimore no other recourse but to lure another team here, and we got the hapless Browns in 1996, 11 yrs after losing the colts....
In our 5th yr of existence we won our first SB with probably the best D ever and a mediocre qb.....Then 12 yrs later our 2nd SB win with our franchise qb and a weak old D.....That's the real story, I saw it all !!!!

Well....that's YOUR take on what happened....if I ask a Browns fan, would he say something different?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....that's YOUR take on what happened....if I ask a Browns fan, would he say something different?

He wouldn't know what went on here, the same as I wouldn't there....But you can't blame a city that has been ousted of their football team, for playing by their rules and getting our own....
Unlike Baltimore that had all it's history stolen and never returned, we left the Browns colors and history there for them and Tag promised them an expansion team in 3 yrs and they got it all back....We took the high road as much as possible, but we weren't taking their crap laying down....Shaeffer promised to get us another team and did it....We tried to get the Colts name back and Irsay wanted some astronomical price so we created the Ravens and I'm glad we did....Johnny Unitas would not acknowledge the Indy Colts or sign any memorabilia with their name on it....No matter how much they offered him....He backed the Ravens til he died..

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast Oh bearded one, you might remember how last year looked with us losing 3 of the last 4 games and had to go into Denver and play the #1 seed (no chance they said).
Then go into NE and play the #2 seed (no chance they said).
Then in the SB against the media darling favorite 49rs that we ultimately turned in the 40 whiners...
I like our chances !!!! just sayin'

Oldschool, though it pains me to agree, you're absolutely right. NOBODY at the end of last year had the Ravens winning it all. Nobody. Anything can happen.

Of course, nobody thought Denver would have the game in the bag and then cough it up to you guys in the final seconds. I still remember Peyton's expression! We were so glad we got you guys at home instead of having to go to Denver. Then we shit the bed and didn't score in the second half.

So kudos, congrats on last year and I hope we see you bastards again this year!

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast Oh bearded one, you might remember how last year looked with us losing 3 of the last 4 games and had to go into Denver and play the #1 seed (no chance they said).
Then go into NE and play the #2 seed (no chance they said).
Then in the SB against the media darling favorite 49rs that we ultimately turned in the 40 whiners...
I like our chances !!!! just sayin'

Oldschool, though it pains me to agree, you're absolutely right. NOBODY at the end of last year had the Ravens winning it all. Nobody. Anything can happen.

Of course, nobody thought Denver would have the game in the bag and then cough it up to you guys in the final seconds. I still remember Peyton's expression! We were so glad we got you guys at home instead of having to go to Denver. Then we shit the bed and didn't score in the second half.

So kudos, congrats on last year and I hope we see you bastards again this year!

LOL, it's always exciting, I know that much...:yahoo: