• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Thibodeau officially fired

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hearing it could be official this afternoon.

We will see though.
Bulls have their coach because they already said they wouldn't fire Thibs with out knowing that they have their next HC. I hope its Hoiberg

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. This is a big mistake by the Bulls. This is one of the best coaches in the NBA essentially losing his job because he "works his players too hard". What a bunch of pussies. I doubt we see the Bulls get back to this level anytime soon.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls have their coach because they already said they wouldn't fire Thibs with out knowing that they have their next HC. I hope its Hoiberg

Were you not around for the Tim Floyd experiment?

I am assuming (with the bulls its usually the ass part) that they called around to Charolette and New Orleans, the two places that seemed to have interest, to see if they could work a trade. Apparently the answer was no so they need to pay him thru his contract unless he is hired. The Lakers apparently were interested until the part about compensation came into play..

Apparently the exit interviews with players were not too kind to Thibbs. That makes you think the inmates think they will run the asylum. Really agree he ran the players too hard, up by 20, other team calls no joy, empties bench, starters still in for the bulls.

He usually got us a pretty good seat at the table, but could not find offensive answers during the playoffs.

I guess I wont miss him until they sign some goof with no experience that does a terrible job.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you not around for the Tim Floyd experiment?

I am assuming (with the bulls its usually the ass part) that they called around to Charolette and New Orleans, the two places that seemed to have interest, to see if they could work a trade. Apparently the answer was no so they need to pay him thru his contract unless he is hired. The Lakers apparently were interested until the part about compensation came into play..

Apparently the exit interviews with players were not too kind to Thibbs. That makes you think the inmates think they will run the asylum. Really agree he ran the players too hard, up by 20, other team calls no joy, empties bench, starters still in for the bulls.

He usually got us a pretty good seat at the table, but could not find offensive answers during the playoffs.

I guess I wont miss him until they sign some goof with no experience that does a terrible job.
No Players are upset that he got fired. Rose said if it was up to him Thibs would be here, Gibson said if you want someone to make you better Thibs was your guy, Noah said something positive. I didn't hear any Negative talk from the players.

I agree with you playoffs were his weakness and that is because u need to change and he would keep the same ship and stay on course.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. There were reports that they were going to hold out by not firing until other spots were hire do. That would be petty and unfair, especially with offset language.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team like the Pelicans would love to have this guy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This is a big mistake by the Bulls. This is one of the best coaches in the NBA essentially losing his job because he "works his players too hard". What a bunch of pussies. I doubt we see the Bulls get back to this level anytime soon.
nope wrong. This is a great move. It was time to move on.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i liked thibs but it was time for a change. the best chance to win a title has likely passed. he was so damn hard headed that he refused to adjust. hopefully hinrich follows him to where every he ends up. i can laugh at another team instead of wanting to throw my remote through my tv on a regular basis

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Jackson should beg him to come to NY, and he should move Derek Fisher up to the FO, or accept an asst. coach position under Thibs.

Phil's all-in with the triangle. Not so sure Thibs would want to run it. Not a bad idea though.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i liked thibs but it was time for a change. the best chance to win a title has likely passed. he was so damn hard headed that he refused to adjust. hopefully hinrich follows him to where every he ends up. i can laugh at another team instead of wanting to throw my remote through my tv on a regular basis
I agree, Hinrich needs to go and to be honest its time to make a big move by trading either Gibson or Noah. I hope we can draft a PG who can be a good back up for us. Trade either one of them and either get a good role player or a draft pick. I would like to land a good SF who can play D and hit 3's. Dunleavy needs to be a bench player.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how long he'll remain unemployed.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't expecting that.
He did not seem to be a bad coach.
He had injuries and lost key players and still made the progressed to the second round of the playoffs.

I wonder what the hard core Bulls fans are thinking.