• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Thibodeau officially fired

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls been trying to ether Thibs today. I'd be inclined to believe Chicago that this was just personality conflict like GS had with Mark Jackson if Chicago didn't have a history of just trashing players and coaches they part ways with, including getting into a literal fight with Del *****.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the street is he rode players too hard.....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope wrong. This is a great move. It was time to move on.

You are probably right that he had "run his course" in Chicago. His style is abrasive and can't be a long-term solution. But the Bulls will win less games next year and for the next couple, as well, as a result.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This is a big mistake by the Bulls. This is one of the best coaches in the NBA essentially losing his job because he "works his players too hard". What a bunch of pussies. I doubt we see the Bulls get back to this level anytime soon.
If he was such a great coach how come he never made it through the playoffs despite having some great talent.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right that he had "run his course" in Chicago. His style is abrasive and can't be a long-term solution. But the Bulls will win less games next year and for the next couple, as well, as a result.
Not necessarily.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if Rose wants to play more than 25 games. Otherwise, Thibs got the max out of that squad.
The Bulls were too patient with Rose.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if DejaVu or if there is another thread like this directly above this one..

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get a job pretty damn quick. He won't be unemployed long.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
what he did with the Bulls with out Rose for 2 1/2 years maybe 1 or 2 other coaches would of done. All other under .500. Thibs was great for this team but it was now time to move on. Cant keep going to the same well and expect different results. He hit his max with this Bulls team. We need new blood.

While Lebron is in the East, I am not sure what the Bulls are expecting from their next coach.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Tom Thibodeau's fault that D-Rose was a liability the last three seasons? Just think what they could have done with that money and roster spot!
Any GM that wouldn't give D Rose a max contract after he won MVP is an idiot. Thibs may not be at fault for D Roses knee problems even though he practices his players too hard and plays his favorites way too long. He never gives them days off. It's so maddening to watch him play the starters late in the fourth when they already have the game won. And the worst part is he will never learn. He's too stubborn in his ways and it's a fucking shame because he could be great if he changed a few small things. He ran Deng into the ground (he's pretty much worthless in Miami due to it). He ran Noah into the ground. He was in the process of running butler into the ground this year (he was playing through several injuries with no time off. Korver ripped him after leaving (he said something like "I could take the Chicago traffic and I could take Thibs practices, but not both at the same time.") Sources are saying that several players ripped him in exit interviews. Before Thibs first year, I remember several Boston fans on the ESPN boards warning us that he plays players way too long, but I didn't believe them. Now I do. The guy is a very good coach, but it will take A LOT of luck for him to win a title. If I were a fan of a team vying for him I would beg the front office to reconsider. The next team he goes to will start becoming injury prone as well. He might have a good year in his first year on another team, but after that the team will start to break down due to over use.

The bottom line is the media will make you believe that he is a great coach. I can't disagree with him being a good coach, but a great coach would realize this is a players league. And if the coach is running the teams main players into the ground, then he will struggle to win anything other than regular season games.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This is a big mistake by the Bulls. This is one of the best coaches in the NBA essentially losing his job because he "works his players too hard". What a bunch of pussies. I doubt we see the Bulls get back to this level anytime soon.
So Lebron is also a big pussy for taking a month off and coming back to dominate afterwards? He doesn't allow his players to rest so they are beat up for the playoffs. Rip Hamilton said Thibs is the only coach where players had to ice their knees after every practice. That shouldn't be happening at all...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't expecting that.
He did not seem to be a bad coach.
He had injuries and lost key players and still made the progressed to the second round of the playoffs.

I wonder what the hard core Bulls fans are thinking.
We're all thinking, "it was time for him to move on."