• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Thibodeau officially fired

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a great coach. The Bulls franchise player couldn't stay on the court. If MJ, Magic, Bird or LeBron were always on the shelf, their teams wouldn't have won titles, and guess what Bro.....that ain't on the coach
He was healthy in 2010 and also this year. They didn't win it either of those years. If Thibs were smart he would give rose practices off after he sat out a year with his acl tear, but he never did that either. I'm not saying those injuries are on Thibs, but he couldn't get it done with Rose either. 2 years down the road you'll see I'm right. Just wait. The guy doesn't understand that humans have limits, no matter how athletic they train to become. He pushes those limits in every practice and every game. Throughout an 82 game season, that takes its toll. The guy is insane about it too. I remember he was playing his starters until the waning seconds of the game in a blow out in which the result had absolutely no repurcussions on playoff seeding. It was also the last game before the playoffs where most coaches were giving their players breaks.

Again, I'm not saying Thibs is a bad coach, but he will NEVER win in the finals. His flaws will prevent him from doing it. If your goal is to be good in the regular season every year, then flame out in the playoffs due to injuries and lack of adjustments, then Thibs is your guy. If you want to go after titles, you don't want Thibs. He should go back to being an assistant. Personally, I think his style is more compatible with college where the seasons are shorter and the players have much less wear and tear on their bodies. Trust me, I'm an avid Bulls fan who buys league pass every year just to watch my Bulls play. Thibs needed to go. The next guy might not be as good, but it's a move that needed to happen. Players were turning on him as well.

Bottom line is it's a players league. Thibs knows basketball and how to coach, but running his players into the ground to win marginally important regular season games hurts the team when it's most important.

BTW, how many Bulls games do you catch a year? Or are you just basing your opinion on what the media says?

Oh, and calling me bro makes you sound like a frat douche bag.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anyone who actually thinks the Bulls should have been in the Finals at any point in the last 5 years?!?

Of course he didn't take them to the Finals. They weren't good enough to make it that far.

Their only shot was in 2010 when Rose was fully healthy and even then there was really no chance of that team beating out the Heat that year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time Rip got to the Bulls, he needed to ice his knees after a walking up a short flight of stairs.
He wasn't just talking about himself. Other players were doing the same thing after practices.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anyone who actually thinks the Bulls should have been in the Finals at any point in the last 5 years?!?

Of course he didn't take them to the Finals. They weren't good enough to make it that far.

Their only shot was in 2010 when Rose was fully healthy and even then there was really no chance of that team beating out the Heat that year.
I partially agree, but that's because it's a players league. Honestly, this year was their best shot. The 2010 team had no one who could score outside of Rose. This team had butler, Pau, and Niko. Lebron also had an injured team. But, your point also plays into my main gripe about Thibs. It's a players league, and when you run your teams into the ground for regular season games, your players won't be their best in the playoffs.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. That's the evolution of every sport basically; to rest guys more and more. It kind of sucks, but the trend won't stop now. I just don't think firing the guy helps the Bulls become more successful in any way.
It doesn't. Thibs was at a dead end though. The next guy might not be as good of a coach as Thibs in the regular season, but he will most likely be able to get a healthy and energized team to the playoffs more than Thibs did.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is pretty simple. management asked him to do things and he refused to do it. if u aren't winning titles then u better start listening to your boss. the offense has always been a problem. management asked him to bring on an offensive minded assistant coach. thibs refused. it started there and went down fast

Its also pretty simple, that the Bulls management, need to lose their big ass ego. They remind me of the 49ers Front office.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bulls fan I am very happy with this move. It was time to move on. I appreciate what he did for the bulls but he was stuck. He didn't know how to get them to that other level. He over played players and never made any changes. His rotations were bad in playoffs.

He will be good for a team like NO, magic, Det. team like those. a young team he needs to take over. Im not saying those teams need him it was more of example.

I hate to agree with you, but you're right. Thibs is a great coach, but he's not exactly well rounded given he has flaws he has to work on (driving his players into the ground, creating offensive sets that will work in the NBA). Sadly though, I think the Bulls downgrade on their next hire, and not upgrade like the Warriors did with Kerr.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3