• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Herman Whistle Blower tOSU

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Herman Coaching Philosophy.

1. Sprinkle Fairy Dust........get beat by Maryland
2. Brag about players.....Have the worst offense in decades
3. Can't name ONE good player on squad........look like an idiot to fans, players, world and media
4. Narc on better programs ......... Yet to be determined.

Worst yet. It shows he knew and did nothing about it

Report: Texas coach Tom Herman identified as tipster in investigation into Ohio State

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody gunning for Urbs. Geez guys the man has done nothing wrong.

If you need sources go to 247 Bucknuts :lol:

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oscar is going to be very conflicted with this news.
:heh:

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL if you really believe this. It's so fucking obvious who the McMurphy source is and Ohio St people are fucking retarded if they think it's anybody else. It's the god damn wife retards. :L

First morons were saying it was Herman's wife and now Herman. Herman, Drayton, and Beck all worked for Urban while Smith was on staff, they probably want this to go away as much anybody. It's not a good look for them either. Herman has already tried to play the card that he wasn't there when this occurred so he wont comment. Only an idiot thinks Smith didn't have issues prior to 2015 at Ohio St. We know he did at Florida too.

Ohio St writers want soo bad to blame someone else outside the program. Zero chance McMurphy gave up his source. #fakenews

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Worst yet. It shows he knew and did nothing about it"

I'd assume all assistant coaches and their wives knew about it.

As mere assistants they are not near as culpable as Urbs.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Herman.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
July 23rd his wife files a protective order. McMurphy asks Meyer about it at a press conference. Ohio St can't figure out who tipped McMurphy off. :L

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL if you really believe this. It's so fucking obvious who the McMurphy source is and Ohio St people are fucking retarded if they think it's anybody else. It's the god damn wife retards. :L

First morons were saying it was Herman's wife and now Herman. Herman, Drayton, and Beck all worked for Urban while Smith was on staff, they probably want this to go away as much anybody. It's not a good look for them either. Herman has already tried to play the card that he wasn't there when this occurred so he wont comment. Only an idiot thinks Smith didn't have issues prior to 2015 at Ohio St. We know he did at Florida too.

Ohio St writers want soo bad to blame someone else outside the program. Zero chance McMurphy gave up his source. #fakenews
It’s obvious she’s the source but it’s also possible that mcmurphy went to her from a tip from somebody else

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BY JEFF SNOOK
Texas Coach Tom Herman, a former Ohio State assistant coach, tipped sports reporter Brett McMurphy to details of the Zach Smith-Courtney Carano Smith relationship that led to Smith’s firing, Urban Meyer’s paid-administrative leave and the investigation that has currently engulfed the Buckeyes’ program, several sources told me.

Furthermore, Tom and wife Michelle Herman encouraged Courtney Smith to go public with her claims that her ex-husband had physically abused her, sources say.

“They wanted Zach Smith fired,” one source said. “They had some dirt on him and wanted him off of Ohio State’s staff.”

The Hermans have even helped pay for Courtney Smith’s legal fees, two of my sources told me.

Tom Herman’s motive?

Herman was furious after five-star receiver Garrett Wilson committed to Ohio State in April over Texas, sources say. Wilson played at Austin (Texas) Lake Travis High, just miles from the Longhorns’ campus. Zach Smith was the Buckeyes’ primary recruiter in getting Wilson’s commitment.

Given that Texas is one of the most pressure-packed and highest-profile jobs in the country, and following a 7-6 season in his first year as Texas coach, Herman needs to secure a recruiting base close to home to turn the Longhorns around. And there were no bigger stars in his own city than Wilson.

Herman was hired by Meyer as the offensive coordinator when he accepted the job in December, 2011, along with Smith, Earle Bruce’s grandson, as receivers coach. The two assistants then became very close, but had a falling out after Herman left the Buckeyes following the 2014 national championship season to take the head coaching job at Houston.

“They had a bad falling out and now, they just do not like each other at all,” one source said.
Ironically, they developed into recruiting competitors, specifically for some of the best football talent in the state of Texas. And when Smith won the last head-to-head battle over Wilson’s future, Herman reacted.

More importantly, Michelle Herman and Courtney Smith remained close as their husbands coached at schools more than 1,200 miles apart.

“Best friends, still,” one source said. “They talk almost every day, even though the Hermans have been gone from Columbus for four years.”

Which led Courtney Smith to trust McMurphy, who spoke often with Herman in July, according to his twitter account. As a sports reporter with extensive experience covering college football, McMurphy has developed a close relationship with the second-year Texas coach, sources say.

Tipped by Herman to the 2009 incident in which Zach Smith was arrested in Gainesville, McMurphy then obtained court records and discovered Smith’s arrest. He then spent three days in Columbus and Powell, Ohio, where the Smiths live. There, he interviewed Courtney Smith and obtained text messages and cell phone pictures from her as she told of being physically abused by her then husband. The Smiths were married in 2008 when Zach Smith was a graduate assistant under Meyer at the University of Florida.

Herman denied knowing any details about the Ohio State investigation, or the details that led up to it, as recently as August 2 when asked at a press conference in Austin.

Meyer and his wife Shelley Meyer recently became aware that Herman was the tipster who connected McMurphy to Courtney Smith.

Told by the university not to comment on anything to do with the investigation, Urban Meyer has remained silent since issuing a statement August 3. However, Shelley Meyer responded to a text message asking for comment.

“I really do appreciate you doing your job with integrity and checking on all the points, unlike some others,” Shelley said, via text Saturday afternoon. “I just can’t comment and I am very sorry. Thank u.”

So far, attempts to reach the Hermans have been unsuccessful. Tom Herman is currently in the middle of coaching the Longhorns during summer camp.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Urban Meyer's mentor (2nd only to his very father) is Earl Bruce.
2) Zach Smith is Earl Bruce's grandson.
3) The Meyer's have know Zach Smith since he was born and Zach is like a son to them.
4) Zach played for Urbs when he was head coach at Bowling Green.
5) Zach started his coaching career at Florida under Urbs.
6) Zach was then given a job at Ohio St when Urbs took that job.

Through all of the distraction, discrediting, and personal attacks on others, there is ONE and only ONE person (other than Zach And Courtney themselves) that had the incentive and influence to keep Zach Smith gainfully employed.
That would be Urbs.

What we've learned from bucknuts over the past week?.... "Everybody but Urbs is a POS."

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Urban Meyer's mentor (2nd only to his very father) is Earl Bruce.
2) Zach Smith is Earl Bruce's grandson.
3) The Meyer's have know Zach Smith since he was born and Zach is like a son to them.
4) Zach played for Urbs when he was head coach at Bowling Green.
5) Zach started his coaching career at Florida under Urbs.
6) Zach was then given a job at Ohio St when Urbs took that job.

Through all of the distraction, discrediting, and personal attacks on others, there is ONE and only ONE person (other than Zach And Courtney themselves) that had the incentive and influence to keep Zach Smith gainfully employed.
That would be Urbs.

What we've learned from bucknuts over the past week?.... "Everybody but Urbs is a POS."
I understand now...

1) 5-1
2) 56-14
3) 62-3

If I were you I would want him gone, too.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s obvious she’s the source but it’s also possible that mcmurphy went to her from a tip from somebody else

Urban Meyer and Zach Smith: A timeline of key events in abuse scandal

Look at the timeline. Some serious leaps of faith have to be assumed to say anyone but the victim reported this to McMurphy. I'm more likely to believe the other stuff about Herman giving money for legal fees than he tipped off McMurphy. How the hell would he be a bad guy for giving money to someone who is probably his wife's friend? Ohio St (well some within the fanbase/reporting world) is going full Penn State/Baylor on this with finger pointing and victim blaming.

I don't want to paint the whole fan base, because I'm not sure they all feel like this reporter does. :noidea:

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BY JEFF SNOOK
Texas Coach Tom Herman, a former Ohio State assistant coach, tipped sports reporter Brett McMurphy to details of the Zach Smith-Courtney Carano Smith relationship that led to Smith’s firing, Urban Meyer’s paid-administrative leave and the investigation that has currently engulfed the Buckeyes’ program, several sources told me.

Furthermore, Tom and wife Michelle Herman encouraged Courtney Smith to go public with her claims that her ex-husband had physically abused her, sources say.

“They wanted Zach Smith fired,” one source said. “They had some dirt on him and wanted him off of Ohio State’s staff.”

The Hermans have even helped pay for Courtney Smith’s legal fees, two of my sources told me.

Tom Herman’s motive?

Herman was furious after five-star receiver Garrett Wilson committed to Ohio State in April over Texas, sources say. Wilson played at Austin (Texas) Lake Travis High, just miles from the Longhorns’ campus. Zach Smith was the Buckeyes’ primary recruiter in getting Wilson’s commitment.

Given that Texas is one of the most pressure-packed and highest-profile jobs in the country, and following a 7-6 season in his first year as Texas coach, Herman needs to secure a recruiting base close to home to turn the Longhorns around. And there were no bigger stars in his own city than Wilson.

Herman was hired by Meyer as the offensive coordinator when he accepted the job in December, 2011, along with Smith, Earle Bruce’s grandson, as receivers coach. The two assistants then became very close, but had a falling out after Herman left the Buckeyes following the 2014 national championship season to take the head coaching job at Houston.

“They had a bad falling out and now, they just do not like each other at all,” one source said.
Ironically, they developed into recruiting competitors, specifically for some of the best football talent in the state of Texas. And when Smith won the last head-to-head battle over Wilson’s future, Herman reacted.

More importantly, Michelle Herman and Courtney Smith remained close as their husbands coached at schools more than 1,200 miles apart.

“Best friends, still,” one source said. “They talk almost every day, even though the Hermans have been gone from Columbus for four years.”

Which led Courtney Smith to trust McMurphy, who spoke often with Herman in July, according to his twitter account. As a sports reporter with extensive experience covering college football, McMurphy has developed a close relationship with the second-year Texas coach, sources say.

Tipped by Herman to the 2009 incident in which Zach Smith was arrested in Gainesville, McMurphy then obtained court records and discovered Smith’s arrest. He then spent three days in Columbus and Powell, Ohio, where the Smiths live. There, he interviewed Courtney Smith and obtained text messages and cell phone pictures from her as she told of being physically abused by her then husband. The Smiths were married in 2008 when Zach Smith was a graduate assistant under Meyer at the University of Florida.

Herman denied knowing any details about the Ohio State investigation, or the details that led up to it, as recently as August 2 when asked at a press conference in Austin.

Meyer and his wife Shelley Meyer recently became aware that Herman was the tipster who connected McMurphy to Courtney Smith.

Told by the university not to comment on anything to do with the investigation, Urban Meyer has remained silent since issuing a statement August 3. However, Shelley Meyer responded to a text message asking for comment.

“I really do appreciate you doing your job with integrity and checking on all the points, unlike some others,” Shelley said, via text Saturday afternoon. “I just can’t comment and I am very sorry. Thank u.”

So far, attempts to reach the Hermans have been unsuccessful. Tom Herman is currently in the middle of coaching the Longhorns during summer camp.

This is the derpest derp I've ever read. Really? This is over losing a recruit? A WR in Texas at that? We've got 3 top 50 composite players at WR in our class. Stanford has punked Herman as much or more than Ohio St at positions of need (Oline where we are terrible) under the Herman tenure. Fisher has taken Herman to the woodshed for this class. Yet, this self important blowhard reporter wants us to believe Garret Wilson is the reason Herman allegedly turned old Urbs in. :pound:

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1