• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady Resurrects Phillip Dorsetts NFL Career in 2nd Game with Patriots

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the free agent pitchers after this season:

Brett Anderson (30)
Jake Arrieta (32)
Clay Buchholz (33)
Madison Bumgarner (28) — $12MM club option with a $1.5M buyout
Trevor Cahill (30)
Matt Cain (33) — $21MM club option with a $7.5MM buyout
Andrew Cashner (31)
Jhoulys Chacin (30)
Tyler Chatwood (28)
Jesse Chavez (34)
Wei-Yin Chen (32) — Can opt out of the remaining three years, $52MM on his contract
Alex Cobb (30)
Bartolo Colon (45)
Johnny Cueto (32) — Can opt out of the remaining four years, $84MM on his contract
Yu Darvish (31)
John Danks (33)
Jorge De La Rosa (37)
R.A. Dickey (43) — $8MM club option with $500K buyout
Nathan Eovaldi (28) — $2MM club option
Marco Estrada (34)
Scott Feldman (35)
Doug Fister (34)
Yovani Gallardo (32) — $13MM club option with a $2MM buyout
Jaime Garcia (31)
Matt Garza (34) — $13MM vesting option/$5MM club option (can become $1MM club option based on DL time)
Dillon Gee (32)
Miguel Gonzalez (34)
Jeremy Hellickson (31)
Derek Holland (31)
Ubaldo Jimenez (34)
Ian Kennedy (33) — Can opt out of the remaining three years, $43MM on his contract
John Lackey (39)
Francisco Liriano (34)
Jordan Lyles (27)
Lance Lynn (31)
Wade Miley (31) — $12MM club option with a $500K buyout
Mike Minor (30) — $10MM mutual option with a $1.25MM buyout
Matt Moore (29) — $9MM club option with a $1MM buyout
Jon Niese (31)
Ricky Nolasco (35) — $13MM club option with a $1MM buyout
Martin Perez (27) — $6MM club option with a $2.45MM buyout
Michael Pineda (29)
Clayton Richard (34)
Tyson Ross (31)
CC Sabathia (37)
Anibal Sanchez (34) — $16MM club option with a $5MM buyout
Hector Santiago (30)
Masahiro Tanaka (29) — Can opt out of the remaining three years, $67MM on his contract
Chris Tillman (30)
Josh Tomlin (33) — $3MM club option with a $750K buyout
Jason Vargas (35)
Jered Weaver (35)
Chris Young (39) — $8MM mutual option with a $1.5MM buyout

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could absolutely see that. But hasn't he had issues as a closer in the past? The Yankees are in a good spot to trade for whatever they need, basically. That's a nice spot to be in.

He has, but I have to think a team, prob an NL team, would fall in love with his electric arm and think he could do it for them.....And Im not thinking anything crazy, a reliable mid rotation arm would be nice

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the free agent pitchers after this season:

Brett Anderson (30)
Jake Arrieta (32)
Clay Buchholz (33)
Madison Bumgarner (28) — $12MM club option with a $1.5M buyout
Trevor Cahill (30)
Matt Cain (33) — $21MM club option with a $7.5MM buyout
Andrew Cashner (31)
Jhoulys Chacin (30)
Tyler Chatwood (28)
Jesse Chavez (34)
Wei-Yin Chen (32) — Can opt out of the remaining three years, $52MM on his contract
Alex Cobb (30)
Bartolo Colon (45)
Johnny Cueto (32) — Can opt out of the remaining four years, $84MM on his contract
Yu Darvish (31)
John Danks (33)
Jorge De La Rosa (37)
R.A. Dickey (43) — $8MM club option with $500K buyout
Nathan Eovaldi (28) — $2MM club option
Marco Estrada (34)
Scott Feldman (35)
Doug Fister (34)
Yovani Gallardo (32) — $13MM club option with a $2MM buyout
Jaime Garcia (31)
Matt Garza (34) — $13MM vesting option/$5MM club option (can become $1MM club option based on DL time)
Dillon Gee (32)
Miguel Gonzalez (34)
Jeremy Hellickson (31)
Derek Holland (31)
Ubaldo Jimenez (34)
Ian Kennedy (33) — Can opt out of the remaining three years, $43MM on his contract
John Lackey (39)
Francisco Liriano (34)
Jordan Lyles (27)
Lance Lynn (31)
Wade Miley (31) — $12MM club option with a $500K buyout
Mike Minor (30) — $10MM mutual option with a $1.25MM buyout
Matt Moore (29) — $9MM club option with a $1MM buyout
Jon Niese (31)
Ricky Nolasco (35) — $13MM club option with a $1MM buyout
Martin Perez (27) — $6MM club option with a $2.45MM buyout
Michael Pineda (29)
Clayton Richard (34)
Tyson Ross (31)
CC Sabathia (37)
Anibal Sanchez (34) — $16MM club option with a $5MM buyout
Hector Santiago (30)
Masahiro Tanaka (29) — Can opt out of the remaining three years, $67MM on his contract
Chris Tillman (30)
Josh Tomlin (33) — $3MM club option with a $750K buyout
Jason Vargas (35)
Jered Weaver (35)
Chris Young (39) — $8MM mutual option with a $1.5MM buyout

Matt Cain...LOL

Would Cueto opt out?

Believe it or not, Tyson Ross a year removed from surgery could be a steal, always loved that arm

Pretty ugly otherwise, of course Bumgardner going nowhere

I liked Estrada a lot, but he has been brutal this season

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has, but I have to think a team, prob an NL team, would fall in love with his electric arm and think he could do it for them.....And Im not thinking anything crazy, a reliable mid rotation arm would be nice

Yup. I could see that happening, for sure. Very reasonable expectation. And the Yankees have the extra pieces to throw in if they aim higher, too. Maybe a Stroman or Archer make some sense in some form? Geritt Cole?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I could see that happening, for sure. Very reasonable expectation. And the Yankees have the extra pieces to throw in if they aim higher, too. Maybe a Stroman or Archer make some sense in some form? Geritt Cole?

I have this anti-Gerrit Cole thing stuck in my head for a while since his playoff start 2 years ago, got bombed and his body language said he didnt care

But yes, I would take him for Betances and a decent ML

Same on Stroman and Archer, but them dealing him in the division would surprise me

How absolutely dreadful is the Orioles pitching?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Cain...LOL

Would Cueto opt out?

Believe it or not, Tyson Ross a year removed from surgery could be a steal, always loved that arm

Pretty ugly otherwise, of course Bumgardner going nowhere

I liked Estrada a lot, but he has been brutal this season

Yeah, that's a tough list! Arrieta, Tanaka & Darvish look OK and then you get to Cobb, Lynn, Tillman(?), Cashner & Estrada. Not a lot to love there. Cueto is a tough call since he's been hurt so much this year. But can he beat 4yr/$84M in the open market? Probably so!

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this anti-Gerrit Cole thing stuck in my head for a while since his playoff start 2 years ago, got bombed and his body language said he didnt care

But yes, I would take him for Betances and a decent ML

Same on Stroman and Archer, but them dealing him in the division would surprise me

How absolutely dreadful is the Orioles pitching?

I'm not sure what happened to the Orioles! Gausman was looking like a #2 at the end of last season and he fell off the map this year. Bundy has been good. Tillman totally disappeared. Ubaldo & Miley?? Terrible! Pitchers are so hard to predict. That pitching looked OK on paper before the season.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's a tough list! Arrieta, Tanaka & Darvish look OK and then you get to Cobb, Lynn, Tillman(?), Cashner & Estrada. Not a lot to love there. Cueto is a tough call since he's been hurt so much this year. But can he beat 4yr/$84M in the open market? Probably so!

I read that the Rangers want to sign Darvish back because they badly want this Otani kid coming out of Japan, who Darvish is close with.........Here about that kid? Pretty crazy

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what happened to the Orioles! Gausman was looking like a #2 at the end of last season and he fell off the map this year. Bundy has been good. Tillman totally disappeared. Ubaldo & Miley?? Terrible! Pitchers are so hard to predict. That pitching looked OK on paper before the season.

Obviously Im on the edge of my seat with the Sox scores every night, and even down 6-1 last night, I never felt good about it, such a brutal staff

between last night and that Friday night in Tampa, Boston wrapped it up

Now I need the Astros to catch the tribe for best record

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that the Rangers want to sign Darvish back because they badly want this Otani kid coming out of Japan, who Darvish is close with.........Here about that kid? Pretty crazy

Yes! Otani seems like the next great thing(or so they say). I don't even know how that process works anymore, though. In the old days, the Sox and Yankees could buy a Hideki Matsui or Kei Igawa or Dice-K, but I think they changed it to give everyone a shot. I think it's somewhat structured in what they can offer him? Sounds like he's coming this Winter, though.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Im on the edge of my seat with the Sox scores every night, and even down 6-1 last night, I never felt good about it, such a brutal staff

between last night and that Friday night in Tampa, Boston wrapped it up

Now I need the Astros to catch the tribe for best record

It isn't over yet!! I like the Sox chances, but the Yankees are playing well and have a bunch of Toronto and TB coming up. They should feast on that schedule. Sox have a soft schedule, too, but those last 4 against HOU are mighty interesting. Nobody wants to be in that wild card game. It's going to be a nailbiter down the stretch. I think HOU and CLE are just way better than everyone else in the AL this year, though. Sox have played better than I expected this year, but I can't imagine they could get by CLE. HOU is tough, too, but I'd rather roll the dice on them!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't over yet!! I like the Sox chances, but the Yankees are playing well and have a bunch of Toronto and TB coming up. They should feast on that schedule. Sox have a soft schedule, too, but those last 4 against HOU are mighty interesting. Nobody wants to be in that wild card game. It's going to be a nailbiter down the stretch. I think HOU and CLE are just way better than everyone else in the AL this year, though. Sox have played better than I expected this year, but I can't imagine they could get by CLE. HOU is tough, too, but I'd rather roll the dice on them!

I thought the Sox and Yanks were catching the Astros in terms of chances, but the Verlander move was exactly what that team needed....Indians are just the most well constructed team in the game...Staff, pen included, mixture of youth/veterans/speed/power, just perfect

Encarcion was the one Sandy Alderson gaffe this offseason, thank god he isnt in Fenway

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes! Otani seems like the next great thing(or so they say). I don't even know how that process works anymore, though. In the old days, the Sox and Yankees could buy a Hideki Matsui or Kei Igawa or Dice-K, but I think they changed it to give everyone a shot. I think it's somewhat structured in what they can offer him? Sounds like he's coming this Winter, though.

This is an exceptional case as I understand it...No more posting process, and he has to be treated like every other international FA, where there is a ceiling how much he could be paid, so I think I heard it right that he is costing himself millions by coming over now

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an exceptional case as I understand it...No more posting process, and he has to be treated like every other international FA, where there is a ceiling how much he could be paid, so I think I heard it right that he is costing himself millions by coming over now
otani didnt have a good year on the mound. ERA nearly 7.00. he pitched 140 last year, only 10 IP this year. wonder if theyve decided on a focus for him? throws 98, hits .350.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
otani didnt have a good year on the mound. ERA nearly 7.00. he pitched 140 last year, only 10 IP this year. wonder if theyve decided on a focus for him? throws 98, hits .350.

I think Ive been hearing he is coming over as an outfielder more than a pitcher

But what a weapon to have just in case

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ive been hearing he is coming over as an outfielder more than a pitcher

But what a weapon to have just in case
he is the real deal. he has the size, strength, and makeup.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Sox and Yanks were catching the Astros in terms of chances, but the Verlander move was exactly what that team needed....Indians are just the most well constructed team in the game...Staff, pen included, mixture of youth/veterans/speed/power, just perfect

Encarcion was the one Sandy Alderson gaffe this offseason, thank god he isnt in Fenway

Encarnacion would have been huge for the Sox this year. I guess they didn't want to give up the years on him? I think they wanted to get away from a full-time DH? I don't know.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Encarnacion would have been huge for the Sox this year. I guess they didn't want to give up the years on him? I think they wanted to get away from a full-time DH? I don't know.

Yeah, but he hung around for a while this winter, and went for pennies on the dollar I think

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is the real deal. he has the size, strength, and makeup.

I haven't heard the sox connected to him at all yet. I hope they plan to get involved at whatever level they can.

Although it does still sting thinking about how Dice-K was a "National Treasure" at one time. :doh: