• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficially Official 2016 Spring training thread

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Shawn Tolleson: Pitches in minor league game without issue

by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Shawn Tolleson (back) pitched in a minor league game without issue Tuesday, Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports.

This is a promising development for the right-hander, as he's been shelved from game action for a week and a half. It's unclear when he'll pitch in a major league spring game, but it should happen soon considering he got through his outing Tuesday without issue.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Rougned Odor: Ready for full workout

by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Rougned Odor (oblique) will return to the field Tuesday for a full workout for the first time in 10 days, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Evan Grant reports.

Odor seems to be making good progress and should be on track for a return to Cactus League action within the next week. He had just six at-bats in three Cactus League appearances prior to the injury, tallying two singles and a stolen base.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor seems to be making good progress and should be on track for a return to Cactus League action within the next week. He had just six at-bats in three Cactus League appearances prior to the injury, tallying two singles and a stolen base.

I wonder if bulking up contributed to this or if it's just one of those things.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tough to say on an oblique, probably just an unusual or awkward swing is more likely

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the first thing I thought of as well. I remember Juando eventually had to cut back on his workout routine to keep from getting injured so often. If I remember correctly it made a difference when he did so.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the first thing I thought of as well. I remember Juando eventually had to cut back on his workout routine to keep from getting injured so often. If I remember correctly it made a difference when he did so.

Juando had more than just his workout routine contributing to that.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like I remember Ruben Sierra adding muscle and it messed up his swing as well.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juando had more than just his workout routine contributing to that.
That may be true, but I do remember him addressing that particular issue and saying he was cutting back and it did seem to make a difference.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like I remember Ruben Sierra adding muscle and it messed up his swing as well.
Sometimes I think some players get in a competition for best cut body and it hurts their game. I would imagine in their universe that that would be a very easy thing to let get in the way of being a more healthy player. Probably a big percentage of the steroid use was due to players trying to achieve a look more so than an advantage on the field.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in non-Rangers news, apparently Adam LaRoche walked away from $13m because the White Sox asked him to not bring his teenage son around as much. Just when you think you've seen it all...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in non-Rangers news, apparently Adam LaRoche walked away from $13m because the White Sox asked him to not bring his teenage son around as much. Just when you think you've seen it all...

As the saying goes, "don't let the door hit ya."

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applaud his decision. In reading about this family means a whole lot to him and he was just wanting to do what he had done previously. Luckily for him he was at an age when he was probably going to retire soon anyway. He didn't cause a stink about it or anything and he is putting spending time with his son above making more money when he has probably made enough already. Good for him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applaud his decision. In reading about this family means a whole lot to him and he was just wanting to do what he had done previously. Luckily for him he was at an age when he was probably going to retire soon anyway. He didn't cause a stink about it or anything and he is putting spending time with his son above making more money when he has probably made enough already. Good for him.

A major league clubhouse isn't somewhere a teenage boy needs to be hanging out every day. It's a work place.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A major league clubhouse isn't somewhere a teenage boy needs to be hanging out every day. It's a work place.

Although I agree with you 100%, maybe the White Sox let this situation get to a festering point.

When he was with the Nationals, they let this go on, and the young man was more of a kid then, not a young man. And it seems the Nationals enjoyed it. So the Sox followed suit, and his son even has a locker next to his dad's. Did anyway? ha

I bet the some of the players voiced a "concern" and the team made a "team" decision. And I've got no problem with how they handled it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I agree with you 100%, maybe the White Sox let this situation get to a festering point.

When he was with the Nationals, they let this go on, and the young man was more of a kid then, not a young man. And it seems the Nationals enjoyed it. So the Sox followed suit, and his son even has a locker next to his dad's. Did anyway? ha

I bet the some of the players voiced a "concern" and the team made a "team" decision. And I've got no problem with how they handled it.

Apparently he was bringing him on the road too. Wtf? I'm totally behind the players who went to management and asked that something be done.