• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Who's declared for the NBA thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Lacey declares for the draft. Projected to go undrafted. Turns 24 in October, which might have had an impact on his decision. Looks like he might be carving out a career in Europe.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed I missed Vince Hunter from UTEP turning pro. That makes a whopping 36 underclassman to turn pro. With about a dozen guys still undecided.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas is losing Jr. guard Michael Qualls as well. The underclassman declaring is at 37 now.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley Johnson is in the same boat. I expect both of them to declare even if they wish they didn't have to.

Yeah, I get that it's a hard decision, but as lottery picks, these guys have to go.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyus Jones is gone. Duke losses 3 one and dones, same number as Kentucky. Duke loses 4 of 5 starters and 5 of their top 8(last Plumlee bro) Hard to say they're in rebuild mode b/c it's Duke, but I think they are just that. As of now they only have two signed recruits, and are only in the running for two more at this point. Thon Maker and Brandon Ingram. Word is Derryck Thornton might reclassify to 2015 and is a heavy Duke lean.

Anybody aware of any transfers they have coming in who would sat out last year? I thought there was someone, but I'm not sure.

Duke has Sean Obi, 6'9" transfer from Rice who will become eligible next season. But as of right now, they don't have a PG with Tyus Jones leaving. Of course, they didn't have a PG in 2010 when John Scheyer ran the point and we all know how that year turned out.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke has Sean Obi, 6'9" transfer from Rice who will become eligible next season. But as of right now, they don't have a PG with Tyus Jones leaving. Of course, they didn't have a PG in 2010 when John Scheyer ran the point and we all know how that year turned out.
Haha Douggie 2016 isn't going to be ANYTHING like 2010 and you are very well aware of that. This will be a rebuilding year for sure, but what better time for that to happen than the year after you won it all?!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha Douggie 2016 isn't going to be ANYTHING like 2010 and you are very well aware of that. This will be a rebuilding year for sure, but what better time for that to happen than the year after you won it all?!

Ha! We shall see. Right now, douggie is basking in the glow of a National Championship Trophy.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this was a really interesting article written by an NBA agent... his main point is that nba prospects shouldn't make draft position part of their decision.

A few interesting quotes:

Right now, you have 20-35 players who have been told that their draft range is the end of the first round, which represents about 5-10 picks. I have never really understood why this seems to be the default answer given, but it is extremely common. I believe it ties into the goal of guaranteed contracts, but that thought is a bit of a simplified view.

For me personally, there are 8-10 players that I could tell with a high degree of certainty where I feel they might be drafted. Outside of these 8-10 players, anything I would say to any player would be my opinion and a flat-out guess.

Scouts will often get asked if Player X is an NBA player. The truth is it affects scouts nothing to give an off-handed opinion either way as they know they will never be held accountable to the opinion given. This is not a problem. Where the problem arises is when players and their families see these quotes and begin making life decisions or creating expectations based on these stories.

So what is the answer? The advice I always give is to make your stay-or-go decision based on everything but the draft.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terran Petteway declares for the draft

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poeltl returning to Utah.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have everybody who declared:

Andrew Harrison, UK, So.
Cameron Payne, Murray State, So.
Terry Rozier, Louisville, So.
Devin Booker, UK, Fr.
Michael Frazier II, FL, Jr.
Aaron Harrison, UK, So.
Tyler Harvey, EWU, Jr.
R.J. Hunter, Georgia State, Jr.
Jherrod Stiggers, Houston, Jr.
Aaron Thomas, FSU, Jr.
J.P. Tokoto, UNC, Jr.
Rashad Vaughn, UNLV, Fr.
Rondae Hollis Jefferson, Arizona, So.
Kelly Oubre, Kansas, Fr.
Cliff Alexander, Kansas, Fr.
Brandon Ashley, Arizona, Jr.
Montrezl Harrell, Louisville, Jr.
Kevon Looney, UCLA, Fr.
Trey Lyles, UK, Fr.
Jarell Martin, LSU, So.
Chris McCullough, Syracuse, Fr.
Jordan Mickey, LSU, So.
Walter Pitchford, Nebraska, Jr.
Willie Cauley-Stein, UK, Jr.
Dakari Johnson, UK, So.
Jahlil Okafor, Duke, Fr.
Karl-Anthony Towns, UK, Fr.
Myles Turner, Texas, Fr.
Sam Dekker, Wisconsin, Jr.
Tyus Jones, Duke, Fr.
Justice Winslow, Duke, Fr.
Justin Anderson, UVA, Jr.
Bobby Portis, Arkansas, So.
Olivier Hanlan, Boston College, Jr.

Notable players still undecided:

D'Angelo Russell, Ohio State, Fr.
Stanley Johnson, Arizona, Fr.
Jakob Poeltl, Utah, Fr.
Kris Dunn, Providence, So.
Caris Levert, Michigan, Jr.
Christian Wood, UNLV, So.
Tyrone Wallace, Cal, Jr.
Yogi Ferrell, IU, Jr.
A.J. Hammons, Purdue, Jr.
Terran Pettaway, Nebraska, Jr.
Buddy Hield, Oklahoma, Jr.
Kyle Wiltjer, Gonzaga, Jr.

34 players declaring so far. If I missed anybody who declared or somebody undecided is staying please advise.

Cameron Payne from Murray State declared awhile ago. He should end up being a 1st round pick

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I scanned through the list 2-3 times. Guess I ignored the first few guys. Sorry!

No Problem. There may have been people I overlooked or just forgot to add. Which I'm sure is the case since that list was from last week.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me I know you will be good, but I do not believe you will be national title good.

Here's why:
1) Thornton is nowhere near the player that Tyus Jones is. He is a tantalizing talent, but one that is not mature enough (in his game) to have an impact like Tyus. It is incredibly rare for a frosh point guard to be as composed as Jones was, and having watched DT many times against high school competition, I believe he will not be able to lead your team the way you need a PG to in order to win a title.
2) Chase Jeter is so far from Okafor. That transfer big that you have better be really good because Jeter is going to struggle.
3) Justice Winslow. Very few can do what he did in the tourney and just take over, and as good as Kennard is he won't have the same impact.

You will be very good next year, but I think more E8 ceiling and likely S16 than NC good.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me I know you will be good, but I do not believe you will be national title good.

Here's why:
1) Thornton is nowhere near the player that Tyus Jones is. He is a tantalizing talent, but one that is not mature enough (in his game) to have an impact like Tyus. It is incredibly rare for a frosh point guard to be as composed as Jones was, and having watched DT many times against high school competition, I believe he will not be able to lead your team the way you need a PG to in order to win a title.
2) Chase Jeter is so far from Okafor. That transfer big that you have better be really good because Jeter is going to struggle.
3) Justice Winslow. Very few can do what he did in the tourney and just take over, and as good as Kennard is he won't have the same impact.

You will be very good next year, but I think more E8 ceiling and likely S16 than NC good.

It's going to be a very weak year next year as opposed to this year (one of the strongest in memory).

A number of teams could steal it, and Duke is always foremost in that mix.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's why:

The news of Duke's demise due to early exits to the NBA and graduation has been greatly exaggerated. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking by uNC fans and other haters.

Coach K isn't finished recruiting yet for this upcoming season. Remember "8 is enough"? Duke loses 4 of those 8. They have more scholarships available than any year in recent memory. I'm hoping Ingram commits to Duke Monday. But as long as Coach K is at the helm in Durham so will Duke be in the mix for a Title run.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kris Dunn and Christian Wood returning to Providence and UNLV respectfully. Both should be at large teams next year.