• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Who's declared for the NBA thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand leaving for a second round at best gurantee as is.

But doing it after your junior year with 1 year left to graduate is mental. Just fucking mental.

I'm looking at you Vander Blue. That asshole wasn't even projected second round by most.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't blame a guy for trying to get paid while he thinks he can. An injury could happen at the drop of a hat during their senior year, and then where would they be?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated with Sam Dekker's announcement he's turning pro.

Andrew Harrison, UK, So.
Cameron Payne, Murray State, So.
Terry Rozier, Louisville, So.
Devin Booker, UK, Fr.
Michael Frazier II, FL, Jr.
Aaron Harrison, UK, So.
Tyler Harvey, EWU, Jr.
R.J. Hunter, Georgia State, Jr.
Jherrod Stiggers, Houston, Jr.
Aaron Thomas, FSU, Jr.
J.P. Tokoto, UNC, Jr.
Rashad Vaughn, UNLV, Fr.
Rondae Hollis Jefferson, Arizona, So.
Kelly Oubre, Kansas, Fr.
Cliff Alexander, Kansas, Fr.
Brandon Ashley, Arizona, Jr.
Montrezl Harrell, Louisville, Jr.
Kevon Looney, UCLA, Fr.
Trey Lyles, UK, Fr.
Jarell Martin, LSU, So.
Chris McCullough, Syracuse, Fr.
Jordan Mickey, LSU, So.
Walter Pitchford, Nebraska, Jr.
Willie Cauley-Stein, UK, Jr.
Dakari Johnson, UK, So.
Jahlil Okafor, Duke, Fr.
Karl-Anthony Towns, UK, Fr.
Myles Turner, Texas, Fr.
Sam Dekker, Wisconsin, Jr.

Notable Underclassmen who haven't decided:

Tyus Jones, Duke, Fr.
Justice Winslow, Duke, Fr.
D'Angelo Russell, Ohio State, Fr.
Stanley Johnson, Arizona, Fr.
Jakob Poeltl, Utah, Fr.
Justin Anderson, UVA, Jr.
Bobby Portis, Arkansas, So.
Kris Dunn, Providence, So.
Caris Levert, Michigan, Jr.
Christian Wood, UNLV, So.
Tyrone Wallace, Cal, Jr.
Yogi Ferrell, IU, Jr.
Ron Baker, Wichita State, Jr.
A.J. Hammons, Purdue, Jr.
Olivier Hanlan, Boston College, Jr.
Terran Pettaway, Nebraska, Jr.
Buddy Hield, Oklahoma, Jr.

Edit* - Added Pettaway and Hield.

29 have officially entered the NBA Draft, keep in mind there are ONLY 30 spots in the first round.
Yep, and obviously, this list doesn't include Sr's or foreign players.....in other words, some kids made the wrong decision. Andrew and Aaron, step to the front of the class

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and obviously, this list doesn't include Sr's or foreign players.....in other words, some kids made the wrong decision. Andrew and Aaron, step to the front of the class

they are definitely going to regret not staying for another year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Portis has declared for the NBA Draft. I think that makes Arkansas a bubble team next year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chief Justise has officially put his name in the hat. Good defender and a catalyst to his championship team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very simplistic representation of the decision that these guys are facing.

Imagine someone (who - for the sake of argument - is 100% trustworthy and true to his word) walked up to you right now and gave you these 2 choices... which would you take?

1) I'll hand you $1 million right now. All yours.
2) You get nothing now. But in exactly 1 year I will return with two dice. I roll the dice. If it comes up snake eyes... you get nothing. If it comes up doubles... you get $1 million. Anything else and you get $10 million.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'Angelo Russell.. still undecided. I'm sure in the end he'll opt for the guaranteed money, but from what I've read about him, he's really enjoying the college experience.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very simplistic representation of the decision that these guys are facing.

Imagine someone (who - for the sake of argument - is 100% trustworthy and true to his word) walked up to you right now and gave you these 2 choices... which would you take?

2) You get nothing now. But in exactly 1 year I will return with two dice. I roll the dice. If it comes up snake eyes... you get nothing. If it comes up doubles... you get $1 million. Anything else and you get $10 million.

It's not quite like that though. Noel and Irving got injured and still got drafted high despite doing nothing those years.

It would take a super-catastrophic injury (think Shawn Livingston) to take a guy from a high lottery pick to out of the first round. And he was still able to carve out an NBA career.

It's more like, and let's use an underwhelming frosh as an example...

1) If Myles Turner stays, he could thrive in Smart's system, Texas could make a surprise trip to the Final 4, and he could be a Top 3 pick.

2) If he stays, he could blow out his knee, they will perhaps draft him in the 2nd round next year (instead of low first round this year), he rehabs, makes a team, and has much the same career.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke's Justice Winslow is going to the NBA and he will be great in the pros. Gets to the basket at will, and there are not nearly as many charges in the NBA compared to college. Just like Lebron, he'll bull his way to the basket with pure power, though he is not quite as big and strong, yet.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Portis has declared for the NBA Draft. I think that makes Arkansas a bubble team next year.

Yeah as long as Qualls comes back we should still be in but if not it will be rough

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'Angelo Russell.. still undecided. I'm sure in the end he'll opt for the guaranteed money, but from what I've read about him, he's really enjoying the college experience.

Stanley Johnson is in the same boat. I expect both of them to declare even if they wish they didn't have to.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke's Justice Winslow is going to the NBA and he will be great in the pros. Gets to the basket at will, and there are not nearly as many charges in the NBA compared to college. Just like Lebron, he'll bull his way to the basket with pure power, though he is not quite as big and strong, yet.

He won't be bullying his way to the basket against NBA players… college is one story, but people in the NBA will just as strong as him if not stronger. He should carve out a nice NBA career though, it's hard to find an appropriate NBA player comparison for him. His game is unique… in a good way.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not quite like that though. Noel and Irving got injured and still got drafted high despite doing nothing those years.

It would take a super-catastrophic injury (think Shawn Livingston) to take a guy from a high lottery pick to out of the first round. And he was still able to carve out an NBA career.

It's more like, and let's use an underwhelming frosh as an example...

1) If Myles Turner stays, he could thrive in Smart's system, Texas could make a surprise trip to the Final 4, and he could be a Top 3 pick.

2) If he stays, he could blow out his knee, they will perhaps draft him in the 2nd round next year (instead of low first round this year), he rehabs, makes a team, and has much the same career.

Yeah, the analogy I was going with was thinking more of guys that are looking at late-1st round to 2nd-round picks. Those are the ones we usually criticize the most... and yet when you think of that example... its understandable that they take the chance when they know they have it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyus Jones is gone. Duke losses 3 one and dones, same number as Kentucky. Duke loses 4 of 5 starters and 5 of their top 8(last Plumlee bro) Hard to say they're in rebuild mode b/c it's Duke, but I think they are just that. As of now they only have two signed recruits, and are only in the running for two more at this point. Thon Maker and Brandon Ingram. Word is Derryck Thornton might reclassify to 2015 and is a heavy Duke lean.

Anybody aware of any transfers they have coming in who would sat out last year? I thought there was someone, but I'm not sure.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have everybody who declared:

Andrew Harrison, UK, So.
Cameron Payne, Murray State, So.
Terry Rozier, Louisville, So.
Devin Booker, UK, Fr.
Michael Frazier II, FL, Jr.
Aaron Harrison, UK, So.
Tyler Harvey, EWU, Jr.
R.J. Hunter, Georgia State, Jr.
Jherrod Stiggers, Houston, Jr.
Aaron Thomas, FSU, Jr.
J.P. Tokoto, UNC, Jr.
Rashad Vaughn, UNLV, Fr.
Rondae Hollis Jefferson, Arizona, So.
Kelly Oubre, Kansas, Fr.
Cliff Alexander, Kansas, Fr.
Brandon Ashley, Arizona, Jr.
Montrezl Harrell, Louisville, Jr.
Kevon Looney, UCLA, Fr.
Trey Lyles, UK, Fr.
Jarell Martin, LSU, So.
Chris McCullough, Syracuse, Fr.
Jordan Mickey, LSU, So.
Walter Pitchford, Nebraska, Jr.
Willie Cauley-Stein, UK, Jr.
Dakari Johnson, UK, So.
Jahlil Okafor, Duke, Fr.
Karl-Anthony Towns, UK, Fr.
Myles Turner, Texas, Fr.
Sam Dekker, Wisconsin, Jr.
Tyus Jones, Duke, Fr.
Justice Winslow, Duke, Fr.
Justin Anderson, UVA, Jr.
Bobby Portis, Arkansas, So.
Olivier Hanlan, Boston College, Jr.

Notable players still undecided:

D'Angelo Russell, Ohio State, Fr.
Stanley Johnson, Arizona, Fr.
Jakob Poeltl, Utah, Fr.
Kris Dunn, Providence, So.
Caris Levert, Michigan, Jr.
Christian Wood, UNLV, So.
Tyrone Wallace, Cal, Jr.
Yogi Ferrell, IU, Jr.
A.J. Hammons, Purdue, Jr.
Terran Pettaway, Nebraska, Jr.
Buddy Hield, Oklahoma, Jr.
Kyle Wiltjer, Gonzaga, Jr.

34 players declaring so far. If I missed anybody who declared or somebody undecided is staying please advise.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Tyus Jones of Duke wouldve stayed, because it would be beneficial to the team and i honestly feel he needs another year, especially when you look at a one and done last year like tyler ennis that left syracuse and has spent more time in the NBA -league, but as a man that keeps it real i cant blame him. Look at the harrison twins from kentucky. They were both projected as early to mid first round last year, now they are saying they are late first to early 2nd round. Gotta go when your stock is hot, even though nobody knows where people will really end up besides the guys that are projected in the top 3. Guys like okafor and karl anthony towns will certainly be the tops picks but after that who knows? Jones will be fine when he gets stronger. He is already a good shooter, fearless and a great floor leader

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm no expert, but I doubt there are many players that multiply their salary by 10 by staying one more year.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no expert, but I doubt there are many players that multiply their salary by 10 by staying one more year.

1) The analogy is not a perfect representation of the system. Maybe it could be improved... but it was just meant as an exercise in putting ourselves in their shoes.

2) I think there are players that drastically lengthen their career by staying in school an extra year.. thus effectively multiplying their total earning. I could see a player leave early, go late 2nd round, spend a year in the d-league, then wash out of the league. That same player could come back... go last 1st round / early 2nd round... get playing time... and suddenly build a 10 year career as a role player.