• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial UCF superthread

Can UCF extend the scoring 30+ points streak, toknight?

• Yes

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Idk, I'm a tshirt bandwagoner

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13131.jpg

#UCFacts
Thank you that was a great day. Tire Rack headquarters in South Bend at the start of the 2013 One Lap of America. Got to help pilot a 700hp Rat Rod over 3,000 miles to race on 11 tracks in one week.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a freshman at UF in 1986. However, I wasn't really bored enough to start following CFB until about 1995...when I had been working for 5 years, was making six figures and could afford a house and a TV.

I graduated in 3 years while working a bit. So, every minute was spent studying, earning or drinking and fucking...or a combination of those. Watching sports is better when the kids come and you're stuck at home.

Being a college freshman in 1986 would mean you were probably born around 1968 which would put you about 51 years of age today. You have two young grade school-age daughters - which means you started having kids in your early/mid-40s.

A) Did you plan it that way?
B) Do you have any regrets waiting until your 40s to procreate?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a college freshman in 1986 would mean you were probably born around 1968 which would put you about 51 years of age today. You have two young grade school-age daughters - which means you started having kids in your early/mid-40s.

A) Did you plan it that way?
B) Do you have any regrets waiting until your 40s to procreate?

My ex came-up barren. So, I had to get rid of her and find another breeding bitch. That wouldn't be too bad, but wifey is almost my age and was a little beat-up from the process. (the giving birth part - not getting fertilized) But all are gonna be alright.

Kids are healthy and spoiled. :noidea: You can't plan life - only deal with it. But being able to travel and party while young was great. Now, I've done most things and am happy to chill with my spawn. So, I guess I'd have to say it worked out pretty well. However, you can't plan things like that. If I had calcium in my heart or some other disease, I'd regret my age for the sake of the kids.

On the other hand, having kids in my 20s would've SUCKED. I worked all the time, fixing up first house and wanting to party all the time....it would've been a disaster.

I'd say get married at 35 and have kids right away. (pre-nup!) That way, you've got time for a 2nd shot if you're drilling a dry hole.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ex came-up barren. So, I had to get rid of her and find another breeding bitch. That wouldn't be too bad, but wifey is almost my age and was a little beat-up from the process. (the giving birth part - not getting fertilized) But all are gonna be alright.

Kids are healthy and spoiled. :noidea: You can't plan life - only deal with it. But being able to travel and party while young was great. Now, I've done most things and am happy to chill with my spawn. So, I guess I'd have to say it worked out pretty well. However, you can't plan things like that. If I had calcium in my heart or some other disease, I'd regret my age for the sake of the kids.

On the other hand, having kids in my 20s would've SUCKED. I worked all the time, fixing up first house and wanting to party all the time....it would've been a disaster.

I'd say get married at 35 and have kids right away. (pre-nup!) That way, you've got time for a 2nd shot if you're drilling a dry hole.

Gotcha. :thumb:

The reason I brought it up is because I was chatting with my 16-year-old daughter as she drove me to her play practice a couple days ago. I was whipped from a hard day's work. I exhausted a heavy sigh, yawned and exclaimed "I'm tired! I'm glad I had you and your brother when I was in my 20's because I wouldn't have the energy to take care of little kids now."

You've obviously put yourself in a situation where you could handle it, but it had to have been rough waking up to screaming babies and chasing down destructive toddlers while in your mid-40's. It's rough for 20-year-olds and 20-year-olds are much more resilient than 40-year-olds.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. :thumb:

The reason I brought it up is because I was chatting with my 16-year-old daughter as she drove me to her play practice a couple days ago. I was whipped from a hard day's work. I exhausted a heavy sigh, yawned and exclaimed "I'm tired! I'm glad I had you and your brother when I was in my 20's because I wouldn't have the energy to take care of little kids now."

You've obviously put yourself in a situation where you could handle it, but it had to have been rough waking up to screaming babies and chasing down destructive toddlers while in your mid-40's. It's rough for 20-year-olds and 20-year-olds are much more resilient than 40-year-olds.

Mom was so happy to be home after years working in a hospital. She took care of everything. A mature woman can handle stuff better than a young one. The only real negative was having a big house with a pool, on a saltwater canal...a lot of danger for kids and we had to be careful.

Well, my girls in their teens will be a test for sure. I'm exerting all the influence I can now in preparation. Sometimes I lie to them and then laugh and say "all men lie all the time my darlings."
The good thing about being older is you have more cash. So, if there's a problem, I can hire help....like to influence the families of those I think are a bad influence on my kid.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I would've been alive to troll them when they left.

After they left the SEC, I went with a friend to a game at GT in 1967. They lost to Auburn. It was 1994 before I saw another game at Georgia Tech. They lost to Arizona. From the very top row, you could hear the players on the field.

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet there is one or two here. Post the year that you started watching college football. And I'll post how many years you were watching cfb without UCF.

Only comments before 1996 will earn a reply.

#UCFacts
Started going to Razorbacks football games when I was 5 year old. Im 47.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mom was so happy to be home after years working in a hospital. She took care of everything. A mature woman can handle stuff better than a young one. The only real negative was having a big house with a pool, on a saltwater canal...a lot of danger for kids and we had to be careful.

Well, my girls in their teens will be a test for sure. I'm exerting all the influence I can now in preparation. Sometimes I lie to them and then laugh and say "all men lie all the time my darlings."
The good thing about being older is you have more cash. So, if there's a problem, I can hire help....like to influence the families of those I think are a bad influence on my kid.
I thank God every day I had boys.

A friend of mine was a hunter. World record bear with a crossbow. Used to lead safaris, hunting and fishing trips all over the world. Had a "trophy room" where the bear was stuffed and posed in a very threatening manner.

Among lion, moose, elk, buck, etc. heads mounted on his wall, he had one empty plaque. He had a daughter my oldest son's age. Whenever a boy would pick her up for a date, he would take them to the trophy room, tell him stories about his many hunting exploits, then point to the empty plaque. "See that? It's for the boy who hurts my little girl."

Worked pretty well, but she was really upset.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first game I saw on TV was Michigan State vs USC (I think) in the Rose Bowl. I think that was Jan 1 1954.

Just checked, it was UCLA.

Last edited: