• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tofficial Trade Hartnell Thread

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a steal of a trade. But for the Ning's point of view, Mez was sucking it up there. I really liked him when he was with Ottawa.

That is most likely why we got him for a second, but I am sure the Gagne trade played in with it a bit.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he has a NTC and probably wants to play in this potential once in a lifetime game, I think we will be here.

Correct.

Hartnell is in complete control of the situation. If he doesn't want to be traded the Flyers are STUCK with him. I know one thing if he is traded it will be to another contender. He isn't going to allow Holmgren to trade him to a team that SUCKS.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct.

Hartnell is in complete control of the situation. If he doesn't want to be traded the Flyers are STUCK with him. I know one thing if he is traded it will be to another contender. He isn't going to allow Holmgren to trade him to a team that SUCKS.

Fuck off DBNI. :L

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will be traded. As stated earlier, he has a no-trade clause. Of course, he could waive it but it certainly does limit the trade possibilities. Secondly, no team is going to just pick that craptastic contract just to be nice guys. The Flyers would probably have to take back another shitty contract in return and that just defeats the whole point of the trade. We're stuck with him for at least another year. Maybe next year when he only has a year left one of the crappy teams who needs to get closer to the cap limit would be interested in him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the guy can perform like we've seen him in the past heck even 20 goals he can be an asset. But what really kills me is when he over trys out there and takes dumb penalties at the worst possible time. All he should do is go out there and hit go to the net and get the fuck off the ice. If someone starts something with him just keep skating and let them take an instigator. He can be a valuable guy in the playoffs if he does those things...but can he get back to that is the question?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will be traded. As stated earlier, he has a no-trade clause. Of course, he could waive it but it certainly does limit the trade possibilities. Secondly, no team is going to just pick that craptastic contract just to be nice guys. The Flyers would probably have to take back another shitty contract in return and that just defeats the whole point of the trade. We're stuck with him for at least another year. Maybe next year when he only has a year left one of the crappy teams who needs to get closer to the cap limit would be interested in him.

Why dont we just send him to the minors then like the Rangers do with all of their sucky guys under contract.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
don't get me wrong, hartnell has been big piece of shit so far this season, but i don't think trading him is the answer. like it or not, he's one of only 4 real veteran forwards on this team. trading him away puts a lot of responsibility on younger guys and what if they falter down the stretch? as mind boggling as it is, hartnell is more or less a sure lock for 20 goals every season. how he does it, i dont know, but when he is doing his role correctly, i definitely think hes worth having here. he's had his fair share of sucky moments/games but when he's "on" i do think there is still a place for him here. he's also apparently very well liked in the locker room and its nice to have those guys around for younger players. we have 3 rookie forwards and 5 other ones within their first 4 years of nhl experience. can't put that much faith in a forward corps that young. hartnell will turn it around. sure his 4.2 mil sucks, but i really don't see how trading him does anything more than free up salary space and maybe save us a penalty here and there

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why dont we just send him to the minors then like the Rangers do with all of their sucky guys under contract.

Some team would definately pick up Hartnell off waivers. Even if a team like Edmonton or Colombus were to pass on him somebody like Nashville would claim him.

Then the Flyers get nothing for him. Of course they clear up some cap space. I think the front office would want something in return instead of going the waiver route. Hartnell has value. The problem is he has a NTC & a big contract.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some team would definately pick up Hartnell off waivers. Even if a team like Edmonton or Colombus were to pass on him somebody like Nashville would claim him.

Then the Flyers get nothing for him. Of course they clear up some cap space. I think the front office would want something in return instead of going the waiver route. Hartnell has value. The problem is he has a NTC & a big contract.

Thanks Dab but a few more crappy games and that cap space would look real enticing.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Dab but a few more crappy games and that cap space would look real enticing.

I'd be more than happy to give the Flyers Rolston for him who will be an UFA at the end of the year. Or somebody like Eaton who's cap hit is 2.5 million & will also be an UFA after the season. However, there's no way in heck Hartnell waives his NTC to play for the Islanders.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fucker better get a hattrick tonight to get back on my good side.

That last game was a god damn disaster for all.I think Bryz was the only guy who knew where he'd be all game.

They have to start playing harder at home,espescially against teams they should be beating.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fucker better get a hattrick tonight to get back on my good side.

That last game was a god damn disaster for all.I think Bryz was the only guy who knew where he'd be all game.

They have to start playing harder at home,espescially against teams they should be beating.

You do realize the Blues are a good team right? Were not talking about the Blue Jackets here.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say they weren't a good team,but coming off a game the night before to Carolina the Flyers should have taken that game.

I don't think making the playoffs are going to be a problem. Nor do I think Hartnell is the main reason why they lost to the Blues or Capitals. He might not be playing up to his ability right now, but if the Flyers weren't on a 2 game losing streak & only 21K below the cap ceiling would we be discussing this?