• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A better QB? A better fit certainly, but a better QB is a bold statement.

I guess that statement's going to be perceived as trolling but I honestly wasn't even thinking about it when I said it. In my mind Manning is the best ever. But let's not get distracted from the story. The article was pretty interesting and I can't wait to see how they use this guy.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady average game - 21.4/33.6 253 1.89 TD .69 INT
Peyton average game - 22.6/34.7 265 1.95 TD .93 INT

Stats are the same; one has a much better track record in the playoffs. I'll take mine.

Regardless, if you don't consider either bare minimum top 3 in any given year of their prime, you don't know football, so I don't really see the need for a long debate on the subject.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker was awesome for the Pats for a long time. Not gonna bash him. As far as the constant Brady-Manning thing. :L

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, on topic, I wanted Welker gone from the start of the offseason because we didn't have the down the field receivers to use him properly, and Denver does, so he will fit in well. He won't rack up the stats because they don't need him to, but he will have a significant impact on their offense.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning is a playoff punchline, and Welker was a product of the Patriots system. Welker will be the biggest media disappointment this year, guaranteed.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean that in the sense the numbers won't be there, maybe. But he will have value there.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh I think Welker will put up great numbers because Peyton's arm is shot, he'll be looking for Wes as much as Brady did. I hate it but it was great move by the Donks.

But I can already fore see how the Donks post-season ends, ball off of Wes' hands returned for game sealing pick 6.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean that in the sense the numbers won't be there, maybe. But he will have value there.

I think it will be like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Welker is the guy who gets lost underneath when the Pats TE's spread the field, and makes his money with YAC. I don't see Denver being able to do that. The majority of their offense includes comeback routes, and that is not Welker's game. It was a comeback route that Peyton thew his game ending INT last year once the D was able to time it. If Manning thinks Welker is going to go out there, run a bunch of 8 yard curls and be the same guy he was for Brady, he's nuts.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning is a playoff punchline, and Welker was a product of the Patriots system. Welker will be the biggest media disappointment this year, guaranteed.

Last I checked he'd won 10 playoff games and a Super Bowl.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Welker is the guy who gets lost underneath when the Pats TE's spread the field, and makes his money with YAC. I don't see Denver being able to do that. The majority of their offense includes comeback routes, and that is not Welker's game. It was a comeback route that Peyton thew his game ending INT last year once the D was able to time it. If Manning thinks Welker is going to go out there, run a bunch of 8 yard curls and be the same guy he was for Brady, he's nuts.

They have receivers to spread the field though. In New England he saw number one corners every week. In Denver he'll either see the third or get one of the other options a better look.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, on topic, I wanted Welker gone from the start of the offseason because we didn't have the down the field receivers to use him properly, and Denver does, so he will fit in well. He won't rack up the stats because they don't need him to, but he will have a significant impact on their offense.

I wanted the Patriots to keep Welker. He was Brady's security blanket and I want Brady to be as happy as possible to continue to win.

But what is Welker supposed to say now? "I HATE it here?" of course not.. he is is Denver now, not New England

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I despise the Patriots as much as any team in the NFL. But there is no way that Manning is better than Brady. Brady has owned him, his entire career. You look at the WRs Brady has played with, and except for Moss, they have been guys off the street. Manning meanwhile had Wayne and Harrison, two HOFers.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked he'd won 10 playoff games and a Super Bowl.

I believe his career playoff total is 9-11. It is true that he has 1 SB win over Rex Grossman. But he also has the most one-and-done playoff losses (8) than any QB in NFL history. Only Peyton Manning and Brett Favre (who I believe was top 3 ? on your all-time most overrated athletes ever list?) have 11 playoff losses in NFL history. Chance are by the time Manning retires, he will have broken that 11 playoff game L streak he currently shares with Brett.

Last edited by a moderator:

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have liked him back at the Dolphins to see what he could do there with a half decent QB (Tannehill's no Manning or Brady, but he's a damn sight better than Cleo Lemon or Rosencopter)

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe his career playoff total is 9-11. It is true that he has 1 SB win over Rex Grossman. But he also has the most one-and-done playoff losses (8) than any QB in NFL history. Only Peyton Manning and Brett Favre (who I believe was top 3 ? on your all-time most overrated athletes ever list?) have 11 playoff losses in NFL history. Chance are by the time Manning retires, he will have broken that 11 playoff game L streak he currently shares with Brett.

Well if anyone knew anything about losing games it would be a lions fan.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freed from the shackles of the cone of silence with the Patriots.. then opens his mouth and has possible NCAA violations.. way to go Wes.. maybe the Pats were right to keep the lid on players...

alloutanames

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are clearly scummiest org in NFL

that trifecta..... getting caught cheating, having a wimpy coach that is too gutless to give interviews after loss.. and paying a serial killer $40M 9 short months ago.. has elevated them past Seattle with PC and even the traditional power the Dallas Cowboys

the NE Pats have long been the NFLs dirty secret

how funny. their owner prefers to be seen as dumb (I was duped) vs being exposed for what they really are

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lame attempt to troll is lame