• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB%20TB%20blame.jpg

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say you are one of the few who favors Belichick over Brady (Outside of NE of course)

You don't? What we DO know is that Bellichek did pretty well in a small sample size without Brady and we don't know if it the other way around. Cassel called, he's a "system QB". Is Brady? Is it plug and play? How does Tom Brady do without Bellichek? Nobody knows.

Interesting dilemna though.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't? What we DO know is that Bellichek did pretty well in a small sample size without Brady and we don't know if it the other way around. Cassel called, he's a "system QB". Is Brady? Is it plug and play? How does Tom Brady do without Bellichek? Nobody knows.

I think they are both HOF, one of the best evah, in their respective positions.

A symbiotic relationship, like Walsh and Montana, Shula and Marino etc. where you get a well functioning relationship between two greats.

Sure Belichick did ok without Brady but that was a team once removed from being one of the best ever. As a fan watching every game though there were times that year Cassel and company got just clobbered but over all they still did well to produce a good record.

And then there have been other times Belichick has had pure crapola on the offense but he knew that having Brady would figure it out and still made them competitive. He's done that for years. In fact there have been several years it was the defense that was pathetic but he knew Brady and the offense could up for those weaknesses.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the pass rushers the Pats have, Stephen Hawking could play CB if Devin McCourty refuses to switch.

People have been paying so much attention to the loss of Revis/Browner they forget the pats still have Mccourty at FS Chung and Harmon and 2nd round pick Richards at SS, backup FS Tavon wilson can ball as well, not to mention Logan Ryan is in a contract year and should have his best year (most players do pretty well when they are playing for a contract) malcolm butler showed some serious potential in super bowl 49 and the front seven is just ridiculous (mayo, hightower, collins, sheard, jones, Brown, Easly, Ninkovich, Spikes) they have the best front seven really they got an insane rotation cuz all BB does is draft versatile players.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the pass rushers the Pats have, Stephen Hawking could play CB if Devin McCourty refuses to switch.

People have been paying so much attention to the loss of Revis/Browner they forget the pats still have Mccourty at FS Chung and Harmon and 2nd round pick Richards at SS, backup FS Tavon wilson can ball as well, not to mention Logan Ryan is in a contract year and should have his best year (most players do pretty well when they are playing for a contract) malcolm butler showed some serious potential in super bowl 49 and the front seven is just ridiculous (mayo, hightower, collins, sheard, jones, Brown, Easly, Ninkovich, Spikes) they have the best front seven really they got an insane rotation cuz all BB does is draft versatile players.

Just like last season, the accumulation of talent on both sides of the ball is astounding and somehow they managed to get even better this year. That they won in spite of Tom Brady's abysmal play to prove my prediction in the pre-season true is incredible.

Once again this season, it's Super Bowl or bust for the Patriots and I predict they win it all. I also predict BB schemes and finds a way to get Brady off the field to make that ultimate victory possible because with him starting, they won't win a playoff game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has over 100+ more than 'Keeping it completely clean and random'. Superthread indeed :gaah:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The pass rush should be ridiculous this year. I like this team now - the question will be what this team looks like after cuts and injuries ......

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We know Belichick is below .500 w/o Brady as a QB

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Belichick 11-5 with the Browns before the Browns went black?
I'm talking his whole career as HC w/o Brady. He was a below .500 with Browns and 5-13 with Bledsoe. Throw in the 11-5 with Cassell still below .500 and only 1 playoff win

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a "learners permit" back then.....

Dang 16 years as an assistant and then he gets a learners permit. Kinda like driving I guess , but I didn't get to drive 1-15 yrs of my life

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are very deep at TE and are going to be running a lot of sets with 2 TEs. Gronk and Scott Chandler form the best duo in the NFL and it's not close. Fred Davis is battling for a 3rd spot with a rookie and Hooman. Thanks to Tim Wright and thanks to TB for allowing the Pats to dump the over-priced and poor playoff performer Mankins.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like last season, the accumulation of talent on both sides of the ball is astounding and somehow they managed to get even better this year. That they won in spite of Tom Brady's abysmal play to prove my prediction in the pre-season true is incredible.

Every season, it's Super Bowl or bust for the Patriots and I predict they win it all. I also predict BB schemes and finds a way to get Brady off the field to make that ultimate victory possible because with him starting, they won't win a playoff game.

Another Lombardi run for 2015.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once again this season, it's Super Bowl or bust for the Patriots and I predict they win it all. I also predict BB schemes and finds a way to get Brady off the field to make that ultimate victory possible because with him starting, they won't win a playoff game.
Keep those predictions coming. We love them.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Bills fan to begin with, not in favor of any suspension for Brady, he has been a great QB and has helped the game in popularity. Four games is lot for this infraction if there was one. I think that the NFL was mainly tired of so many Patriots antics and their Coach's attitude. There is room for a reduction but, Brady's legacy will be a bit tarnished and I don't know if the league wants to inflict this permanent damage to one the game's best QBs ever.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, somehow 10 seconds earlier sitting on the sidelines in utter shame and disgrace Brady was the goat of the game then with one play call he once again became the GOAT. Ha! :L