• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, Montana hasn't been bitchslapped by the league for conduct detrimental to the shield ever in his career. Brady was directly bitchslapped with deflate gate and indirectly with Spygate. Brady not admitting anything is beside the point.

Secondly, how weak is your position when your rebuttal to Montana being the GOAT is that Rice may have cheated? What kind of weak ass shit is that? It wasn't Troy Brown or Wes Welker getting busted for stickum, it was Tom Fuckin' Brady getting caught playing with his balls.

Don't get butt-hurt that your golden boy is guilty of being a cheating prick. He's still good, he's just not the GOAT.
First, it was a total different era. How many players got busted for steroids, vasaline, child abuse, DV, DUI, Bounty gate, illegal contact drill during OTAs...
Second woukd Montana have those records of Jerry Rice wasn't cheating? If you say anything but no don't say another word about Brady and any advantage gained for footballs that during half time were less than 12.5.
Brady never had a Montana (-) the year with Moss. So don't pretend for a moment that an elite WR doesn't greatly assists a QB. Brady and Moss proved that.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, it was a total different era. How many players got busted for steroids, vasaline, child abuse, DV, DUI, Bounty gate, illegal contact drill during OTAs...
Second woukd Montana have those records of Jerry Rice wasn't cheating? If you say anything but no don't say another word about Brady and any advantage gained for footballs that during half time were less than 12.5.
Brady never had a Montana (-) the year with Moss. So don't pretend for a moment that an elite WR doesn't greatly assists a QB. Brady and Moss proved that.

GTFOH with your whiny shit. It WAS a totally different era. You are damn right it was. WRs in today's game would get mugged each snap by the DBs if governed by the rules of yesteryear and the gaudy "don't even look at WRs or QBs wrong or you get a flag" passing numbers that Brady of all people benefits from wouldn't be there. To pretend as if him cheating doesn't somehow tarnish Brady's accomplishments is stupid on your part.

The second bolded is about as stupid a statement as you could give. You are assuming that Rice was the only person capable of catching a pass from Montana. In one scenario, a WR allegedly cheated and you are trying your damnedest to pin that somehow on Montana's legacy. In another scenario, your beloved QB was the ring-fucking-leader of a scandal that absolutely helps him do his job while being arrogant enough to STILL act as if he had nothing to do with it, despite evidence to the contrary, and your reaction is "heh, it happens". Um, no....no, it doesn't.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yowzer, the superthread has 345 pages?

:yes:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Patriots will survive any suspension if it happens to stick but I'm much more concerned about the loss of pretty much the entire starting secondary!

That's going to be a bear to overcome.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFOH with your whiny shit. It WAS a totally different era. You are damn right it was. WRs in today's game would get mugged each snap by the DBs if governed by the rules of yesteryear and the gaudy "don't even look at WRs or QBs wrong or you get a flag" passing numbers that Brady of all people benefits from wouldn't be there. To pretend as if him cheating doesn't somehow tarnish Brady's accomplishments is stupid on your part.

The second bolded is about as stupid a statement as you could give. You are assuming that Rice was the only person capable of catching a pass from Montana. In one scenario, a WR allegedly cheated and you are trying your damnedest to pin that somehow on Montana's legacy. In another scenario, your beloved QB was the ring-fucking-leader of a scandal that absolutely helps him do his job while being arrogant enough to STILL act as if he had nothing to do with it, despite evidence to the contrary, and your reaction is "heh, it happens". Um, no....no, it doesn't.
Look I already said Rice is the best WR. If you can't agree that helped pad the stats of Montana there is no help for you.
I'm not disputing the rules and calls are totally different from that era to this. The point is there was no social media, less television, less journalist... Lots of things were going on then, that today would be front line news. They were eating amphetamines and steroids by the handful. So pull your face out of Montana's jock, take a breath and realize Montana, Rice and the Whiners have also tarnished the shield as well. It was just so long ago and a different era that no one cares anymore. Just because Brady is encroaching, some will say passed JM as the GOAT don't let it get you so worked up. It will be alright, the sun will come up tomorrow and no one will die because Brady is accused of playing with balls that were less than 12.5.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I already said Rice is the best WR. If you can't agree that helped pad the stats of Montana there is no help for you.
I'm not disputing the rules and calls are totally different from that era to this. The point is there was no social media, less television, less journalist... Lots of things were going on then, that today would be front line news. They were eating amphetamines and steroids by the handful. So pull your face out of Montana's jock, take a breath and realize Montana, Rice and the Whiners have also tarnished the shield as well. It was just so long ago and a different era that no one cares anymore. Just because Brady is encroaching, some will say passed JM as the GOAT don't let it get you so worked up. It will be alright, the sun will come up tomorrow and no one will die because Brady is accused of playing with balls that were less than 12.5.
Looking forward to drednis reply.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom_Brady_F_Bombs_Great_Word_Patriots_Chargers_Video.jpg

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got the 3 Games to Glory IV set. Every play of the playoff games and Superbowl. An excellent DVD because of that. Its nice to re-appreciate the Superbowl again through all the BS. It's easy to see how a good a game it was (even if the DVD is from the Patriots perceptive).

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:clap::clap::clap:

Flawless record with no disciplinary action by the NFL = Montana

Unbeaten in SB 4x = Montana

Never thrown an interception in a Super Bowl = Montana

Suspended 4 games for CHEATING = Brady

Most integrity questioning incidents during time with team = Brady

As far as media scrutinizing more, that's a bullshit argument. Players should be alert enough to know that this is the culture we live in and they should be thinking twice before doing stupid shit. Brady is a fucking idiot for doing this given the "paper trail" that exists.

Rice and Montana did nothing to tarnish the shield during their playing days. The Niners shit show of the past couple seasons may have, but to cheapen an untarnished legacy by grouping them with the current band of idiots getting arrested 30 years later is a bit more then a stretch.

Lastly, you think its simply .5 less then the rules. To the rest of us who aren't blinded by homerism on this topic, he knowingly CHEATED. As in trying to skew the playing field in his direction. Take your punishment, man up to your mistake, and stop being a defiant douche-nozzle.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept it calm. His QB is knee deep in shit and his team's showing consistency in questionable ethics. He's got enough on his plate. :suds:

Both of you are good debaters, it would be great to see a good debate between the two of you. :suds:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of you are good debaters, it would be great to see a good debate between the two of you. :suds:

But it's not a debate. His rationale and stance is based on hyperbole and assumptions and that is just trying to pick a fight, not trying to debate.

Tom Brady is a first ballot HOFer. But he also tarnished his legacy and there is no way I can foresee an argument where Brady's past indiscretions won't be brought up and weighed favorably when talking about GOAT.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap::clap::clap:

Flawless record with no disciplinary action by the NFL = Montana

Unbeaten in SB 4x = Montana

Never thrown an interception in a Super Bowl = Montana

Suspended 4 games for CHEATING = Brady

Most integrity questioning incidents during time with team = Brady

As far as media scrutinizing more, that's a bullshit argument. Players should be alert enough to know that this is the culture we live in and they should be thinking twice before doing stupid shit. Brady is a fucking idiot for doing this given the "paper trail" that exists.

Rice and Montana did nothing to tarnish the shield during their playing days. The Niners shit show of the past couple seasons may have, but to cheapen an untarnished legacy by grouping them with the current band of idiots getting arrested 30 years later is a bit more then a stretch.

Lastly, you think its simply .5 less then the rules. To the rest of us who aren't blinded by homerism on this topic, he knowingly CHEATED. As in trying to skew the playing field in his direction. Take your punishment, man up to your mistake, and stop being a defiant douche-nozzle.
Let's make a deal? You admit Jerry Rice cheated by trying to skew the playing field first. Since it was 30 years ago and players then didn't attempt to skew the playing field. Then I will say Brady cheated. I have already admitted he had something to do with this. Then and only then we can discuss Spygate and tge FBI. What do you say douche nozzle?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's make a deal? You admit Jerry Rice cheated by trying to skew the playing field first. Since it was 30 years ago and players then didn't attempt to skew the playing field. Then I will say Brady cheated. I have already admitted he had something to do with this. Then and only then we can discuss Spygate and tge FBI. What do you say douche nozzle?

:L I was talking about Brady being a douche nozzle and it gets thrown back at me directly? The butt-hurt is strong on this one.