• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial SportsHoopla Wrasslin' Thread.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was a GREAT match and a huge pop for Orton. The fans were tired of Benoit constantly being champ and they wanted to see the young Orton score the huge upset.

Obviously, where they went from there was horrible.

Benoit hadn't been champ long. He was a transitional champion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benoit hadn't been champ long. He was a transitional champion.

Yeah I'm remembering a lot different than OD is. Benoit never really had a legit feud with anyone. He could have had a great one with HHH that was ruined by HBK(although the match itself was a classic). He didn't even have a feud with Orton, Orton just won a rumble match on RAW and beat him at SS a couple weeks later. I was pretty upset, and I liked Orton a lot back then(his feud with Foley was great)

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm remembering a lot different than OD is. Benoit never really had a legit feud with anyone. He could have had a great one with HHH that was ruined by HBK(although the match itself was a classic). He didn't even have a feud with Orton, Orton just won a rumble match on RAW and beat him at SS a couple weeks later. I was pretty upset, and I liked Orton a lot back then(his feud with Foley was great)

I wasn't a fan of Orton or Benoit. I just hate when they give a guy the belt for a couple weeks then have him drop it to someone else. If you think highly enough of someone to let them carry your highest prize you should at least give them a decent reign.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't a fan of Orton or Benoit. I just hate when they give a guy the belt for a couple weeks then have him drop it to someone else. If you think highly enough of someone to let them carry your highest prize you should at least give them a decent reign.

How could you not like Benoit(before the murder homicide I mean)? Granted, he had no mic skills, but his ring work was pretty much unmatched by anyone except for Eddie and Angle.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could you not like Benoit(before the murder homicide I mean)? Granted, he had no mic skills, but his ring work was pretty much unmatched by anyone except for Eddie and Angle.

I didn't dislike Benoit. I actually wanted him to win over Orton. I just wasn't a Benoit mark.

And I can keep Benoit's professional career and his personal demons separate when talking about wrestling so what he did doesn't affect how I feel about him as a performer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss hearing his music hit. He had one of the best themes/titantrons. I was a mark for the throat slit & snot rocket.

Last edited by a moderator:

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the snot rocket. eww

I have that theme on my mp3 player. Wrestling themes get you pumped up for a workout.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahah yes they do...I got Cult of Personality on my iPod and downloaded Brock Lesnar's theme. Also like Voices which is Ortons.

The crowd popped like it did because Benoit was a main eventer for years and the fans wanted to see a younger guy be put to the top, sorta like we are in now with the same old recycled main eventers winning titles and headlining shows/PPV's. So that was the reason for the enormous Orton pop.

I never liked Benoit, mainly because I remember him most with his feuds with The Rock back when I marked the hell out of the Rock. To be he was always a heel and I was young enough at that time to not like heels and only supported the faces.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahah yes they do...I got Cult of Personality on my iPod and downloaded Brock Lesnar's theme. Also like Voices which is Ortons.

The crowd popped like it did because Benoit was a main eventer for years and the fans wanted to see a younger guy be put to the top, sorta like we are in now with the same old recycled main eventers winning titles and headlining shows/PPV's. So that was the reason for the enormous Orton pop.

I never liked Benoit, mainly because I remember him most with his feuds with The Rock back when I marked the hell out of the Rock. To be he was always a heel and I was young enough at that time to not like heels and only supported the faces.

I can see that.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
benoit and malenko matches ruled

I liked em as a tag team. When Rey/Kidman, Raven/Saturn and Benoit/Malenko competed for the tag belts was some of the best tag team wrestling outside of Edged/Christian vs Dudley Boys vs Hardys.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoooooaaaaa whaaaat aaa ruuushh!!

265080_225870757445343_100000672619240_760599_6429189_n.jpg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to the Evolution theme and wondering when will they make Triple H heel again? The guy might be the best heel of all time in the WWE. He is a snooze as a face. Last time he had a serious run as face with a lot of air time was back with his feud with Orton and when he got "hurt" the fans cheered him goodbye. IMO, HHH is a bore as a face. But one of the best heels ever.

As a COO, he could easily become a major heel and take a up and coming youngster under his wing and give him undeserving main event/title shots. Imagine what this would do, create 2 major heels in the company, which is desperately needs. If the fans believe the title shots and air time for this young superstar are undeserving, then they will really boo them and the guy will get heat. Rather then these heels currently who are basically tweeners like Bryan and Lesnar, because the fans like them and their style and believe they deserve shots to be at the top.

If HHH takes a guy like for example Rhodes (Not really a newbie) but a good example because Rhodes is horrible and does not belong anywhere near main event, but you team him up with a COO Triple H would gives him push after push you will make him the biggest heel in the WWE. Just like that you get two major heels in HHH and whoever he chooses to put under his wing..Trips doesn't even need to wrestle ever again, his manager role and mic skills alone can instantly elevate a young wrestlers career.