• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t'Official offseason thread

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think the Leafs finish last in the division. If you like young teams in that division take the Sabres.

Reality is, I don't see any making it. Maybe the Jets, feel bad I forgot them.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality is, I don't see any making it. Maybe the Jets, feel bad I forgot them.

I'll bet ya 5 bucks my Senators make it this year. People underestimate how bad of coach Cameron was this year and also how important injuries to Turris and MacA were last year.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think the Leafs finish last in the division. If you like young teams in that division take the Sabres.
Leafs might finish last, but Buffalo is still half a tire fire. They have no defence whatsoever and Kulikov IMO didn't alleviate that. Their best winger is still Evander Kane. Goaltending still has a chance of blowing up in their faces.

Eichel should take another step forward, and Reinhard will probably as well. ROR is one of the better second line C's in the NHL. They have pieces, but I don't see them anywhere near good enough for a playoff spot.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it's been mentioned here but that Stamkos visit to Toronto took place on Monday.

For a little while I thought he had met with the Leafs and the two CEO's and was so horrified by what he heard and saw he called Yzerman on a bathroom break and begged for rescue.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again to Edmonton's defense. They just got a young, top pairing defenseman that is trending upward and is locked up with a very reasonable cap hit. If his offensive numbers don't wow you, consider the team he was on, the Devils offense has been deplorable (hence the trade). They absolutely needed to make a trade, nobody was selling the farm to them knowing the position they were in. Larsson would be way more of a name if he played for a big market team.

Bottom line is the Devils now have to replace their number 1 defenseman, a guy that plays in every situation and logs minutes. He will be missed, Edmonton just got a stud.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again to Edmonton's defense. They just got a young, top pairing defenseman that is trending upward and is locked up with a very reasonable cap hit. If his offensive numbers don't wow you, consider the team he was on, the Devils offense has been deplorable (hence the trade). They absolutely needed to make a trade, nobody was selling the farm to them knowing the position they were in. Larsson would be way more of a name if he played for a big market team.

Bottom line is the Devils now have to replace their number 1 defenseman, a guy that plays in every situation and logs minutes. He will be missed, Edmonton just got a stud.
The top defencemen on the 4 conference finalists from this year were Kris Letang, Victor Hedman, Brent Burns and Alex Pietrbngelo.

Larsson isn't half the player any of those four are right now and the chances of him developing into any of them are slim. If the Oilers were trading Hall the return at least had to be close to the skill level of one of those guys.

If Adam Larsson is your best defenceman you aren't going far. You don't trade a franchise winger for that.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Oilers needed to shake up the rotten core and I think Taylor Hall was the golden child of the core that includes RNH, Eberle, and Yak. I think a lot of the initial reaction has more to do with the fact that a) people don't know much about Adam Larsson and b) people think NJ should have had to add more than just Larsson to make it an equitable swap. I think the Oilers will be a better team down the road for making this deal, I honestly do, but I think they should have been able to get more from the Devils than just Adam Larsson.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN just played a radio interview with Subban on Nashville radio and boy he did not sound like a happy camper.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn,, I picked the wrong day to, ya know, turn off the internet and work.

Holy crap. Wow.

All I know is I am off to get my PK Preds jersey. And look into seasons tickets.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top defencemen on the 4 conference finalists from this year were Kris Letang, Victor Hedman, Brent Burns and Alex Pietrbngelo.

Larsson isn't half the player any of those four are right now and the chances of him developing into any of them are slim. If the Oilers were trading Hall the return at least had to be close to the skill level of one of those guys.

If Adam Larsson is your best defenceman you aren't going far. You don't trade a franchise winger for that.

In Larsson, i see alex edler :noidea:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if it was posted and i missed it but anthony stewart had some interesting things to say regarding the treatment pk got from ghe habs

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Pang is wondering whether PK was treated the white way by the Habs...

:behindsofa: