• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t'Official offseason thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not understanding this rationale by Chia and most of the media that I keep hearing: "the Oilers were likely to lose any deal involving Taylor Hall for a defenceman".

In a league where scoring is on a downward spiral, how does a guy who's averaged 28 goals a season spent entirely as a member of the single worst franchise in the National Hockey League be seen as underwhelming by trade partners? How awful of a salesperson do you have to be to allow that?

I think the Kessel trade by and large is seen as a pretty good victory for the Pens at this point, in part because of the return but especially because the Leafs retained salary, but why wouldn't you hold that trade up and tell teams "Oh hey, I have this year's Kessel. Want a Cup?". It's crazy.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn,, I picked the wrong day to, ya know, turn off the internet and work.

Holy crap. Wow.

All I know is I am off to get my PK Preds jersey. And look into seasons tickets.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm good.

Even if he got $4 mil/yr in endorsements (which is probably the most optimistic of estimates), they'd still need to be in the $10-11 mil range. It was a lot of money. Even if one of Matthews/Marner/Nylander don't pan out they would still be left with two star forwards and can find someone to complement them for cheaper.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if the Oilers miss out on Lucic, they can always set their sights on Kris Russell.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I didn't realize this trade happened two days before PK's NMC kicked in. Talk about a kick in the nuts. He's a solid guy, so I'm sure he'll adjust, but anger is certainly justified.

Angry Subban is best Subban.

Well, if the Oilers miss out on Lucic, they can always set their sights on Kris Russell.

You misspelled "Jack Johnson".