• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t'Official offseason thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of attachment to their draftees?

Yeah, there's plenty of ego with the three of those guys (plenty of smartest guys in the room/only one guy in hockey has more Stanley Cups than I do), so trading one of their previous 1st overall picks will be a tough sell.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's plenty of ego with the three of those guys (plenty of smartest guys in the room/only one guy in hockey has more Stanley Cups than I do), so trading one of their previous 1st overall picks will be a tough sell.
My guess is if that were occurring, Chiarelli would resign immediately, sue to vacate his contract and shortly be named the first GM of the Las Vegas Dontsplittens.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish GM's were more vindictive. It would be funny to see Philly throw out an $8 mil/yr offer sheet and watch the Jackets freak out.

Why would the Flyers be vindictive? We gave them Voracek and Couturier for Carter. And we gave them back a goalie after they begged us to take Bob. And we took what was their worst contract and gave them back an equally bad one that cost them one year less for buyout.

If anyone dislikes us, it's the Rangers.

and all praying to Oprah aside, I dont see how any offer from the Canucks would beat an Oilers offer :noidea:

Attractiveness of destination?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Flyers be vindictive? We gave them Voracek and Couturier for Carter. And we gave them back a goalie after they begged us to take Bob. And we took what was their worst contract and gave them back an equally bad one that cost them one year less for buyout.

If anyone dislikes us, it's the Rangers.

Flyers have a history of offer sheeting.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marc Bergevin: "Hey PK ... i know Canucks are only offering us Keith Ballard for you but yaknowwut ... Im sending you there because that city is beautiful and I fuckin loved the # 5 orange when i played in that fuckin city!"

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As do the Oilers.

/I'd love to see the Oil put in an offer sheet for Seth Jones just to see JD's face turn beet red.

They're getting PK. Don't need Jones.

Besides, if you want to see JD's face turn red, turn off the escalators.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
Hearing #Canadiens Bergevin price remains too high in his bid to trade Subban. Moving up @2016NHLDraft for crack at Dubois remains priority

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Sabres and Ducks are discussing Cam Fowler...

Mike Harrington @BNHarrington
#Sabres and #Ducks talking heavily on Fowler. GMTM won't get specific, but source says another talk with Bob Murray set for Fri AM.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting in 2011. Gave money to the hospital he went into after the Chara hit. Gave 3.5m last year.

*sigh*
Shut
Up
Twat
Waffle

While this is certainly nitpicking a little I'm not sure if that's the best way to word it... I mean, presumably the people that donated to the foundation did so with the understanding that their money would be going to the hospital, it's not like the foundation really had the option to just keep it themselves but decided to donate it instead.

And don't get me wrong, putting in the time and effort and raising the money is still a huge huge thing.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Sabres and Ducks are discussing Cam Fowler...

Mike Harrington @BNHarrington
#Sabres and #Ducks talking heavily on Fowler. GMTM won't get specific, but source says another talk with Bob Murray set for Fri AM.

I hope they get him. I'd be shocked if the team trading for Fowler wasn't the loser in that deal.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they get him. I'd be shocked if the team trading for Fowler wasn't the loser in that deal.

No surprise that the Ducks are asking for the 8th overall pick and the Sabres are reluctant to part with that pick.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise that the Ducks are asking for the 8th overall pick and the Sabres are reluctant to part with that pick.

If they're smart they'll settle for less than that if the Sabres dig in and won't budge.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, Buffalo doesn't exactly have much else to part with unless they're dumb enough to give them Sam Reinhart.

If I'm trying to trade Fowler with the cap crunch they're under squeezing me I'm not sure if I even care. Plus in my head I'd probably be counting some piece of Lindholm as part of the return, since losing Fowler makes it much easier to keep him.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm trying to trade Fowler with the cap crunch they're under squeezing me I'm not sure if I even care. Plus in my head I'd probably be counting some piece of Lindholm as part of the return, since losing Fowler makes it much easier to keep him.
Yeah but we're talking about the dude who traded for Bieksa and gave Kesler a lifetime contract for a billion dollars.

He probably thinks Fowler is a strong elbow away from Chris Pronger.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not believe that the Canucks will get both Erickson and Lucic
I do not believe that the Canucks will get Erickson
I do not believe that the Canucks will get Lucic
I do not believe the Canucks can get PK Subban
I do believe the Canucks will sign a desperate deal to generate "excitement"