• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Nebraska vs. Miami Game Thread

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of football left, I assume all of you who have clearly given up will not be back.

Sucks for you, GO BIG RED.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fishin sounds good. Proud as shit of TA.
lets go fishin dude ---but I still thank that Tommy is way out of the league of greatness
fact
most of the QB's of the Husker Nation would have found a way to win
Tommy is just a feller in QB

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's too bad a season is only 3 games. I saw a lot of potential today. You know if it was like 12 games or something they might have a chance to get better.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I about call that shit er what.... They didn't go for 2 on the 2nd TD.... dadburnit....
That brings up an interesting question...say we go for 2 and get it after the 2nd one...does Riley go for the win?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of football left, I assume all of you who have clearly given up will not be back.

Sucks for you, GO BIG RED.
Jerks!

I still have more hope for the future now than in 7 years hoping Tito would graduate already

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I'll admit, I was totally freakin' out when we tied it up.
That brings up an interesting question...say we go for 2 and get it after the 2nd one...does Riley go for the win?
I doubt it... If he was going to play for the win, he woulda went for 2 on the 2nd TD. He played to tie the game.

I can see his side of the coin too though. If he'd went for 2 on the 2nd TD and missed it, we wouldn't have had a chance to tie the game. So it is what it is.

I myself would have gambled and went for 2 on all 3 TD's... Same out come if we failed on the conversion, right. Now if we would have won in OT, it'd be a null point.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit, I was totally freakin' out when we tied it up.

I doubt it... If he was going to play for the win, he woulda went for 2 on the 2nd TD. He played to tie the game.

I can see his side of the coin too though. If he'd went for 2 on the 2nd TD and missed it, we wouldn't have had a chance to tie the game. So it is what it is.

I myself would have gambled and went for 2 on all 3 TD's... Same out come, right. Now if we have won in OT, it'd be a null point.
I don't know enough about this stuff to be sure, but I would think he probably didn't go for 2 because say you go for 2 and don't get it, then they know you need two possessions. As it was, they knew it was a 1 possession game, so hopefully that makes them pucker up a little bit with the ball, which they kinda did.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with all but points 2 and 5.

Point 1: This team needs to know what showing fight UP FRONT will get them, since their coaching isn't getting them there.

Point 3: Langsdorf has already shown he can improve Tommy and I'm not ready to give up on that one yet.

Point 4: He's a great addition but this point wouldn't need to be made if our O-Line was worth a damn.

Point 1!? What did this so called moral victory earn us? I'm just sayin' man there's no carryover from this game to Southern Miss or even Illinois. We'll dispatch them easily and any memory of the Miami loss we'll be waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the rear-view.

There's only one way this season isn't a complete failure: WIN OUT. Don't tell me I'm unreasonable, I haven't even started drinking hard yet.

Destroy Southern Miss, Destroy Illinois, get DPE back by Wiscy and we'll take our chances the rest of the way.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPE's fifth metatarsal changed the whole dynamic of this season.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I don't know enough about this stuff to be sure, but I would think he probably didn't go for 2 because say you go for 2 and don't get it, then they know you need two possessions. As it was, they knew it was a 1 possession game, so hopefully that makes them pucker up a little bit with the ball, which they kinda did.
Your question was going for 2 and converting it on the 2nd TD. Basically you asked if he'd went for 2 and the win or go for the extra point on the 3rd TD.

I think he'd went for the tie. "extra point" not the win.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point 1!? What did this so called moral victory earn us? I'm just sayin' man there's no carryover from this game to Southern Miss or even Illinois. We'll dispatch them easily and any memory of the Miami loss we'll be waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the rear-view.

There's only one way this season isn't a complete failure: WIN OUT. Don't tell me I'm unreasonable, I haven't even started drinking hard yet.

Destroy Southern Miss, Destroy Illinois, get DPE back by Wiscy and we'll take our chances the rest of the way.
I'd say that your Point 5 invalidates Point 1. If you aren't interested in the fight they showed tonight as a positive, at the very least we will be seeing far less of Davie (and likely a few others) as a result of the game tonight.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say you were unreasonable, I said I disagree, which means I think you're wrong.

I'm not tooting my horn for moral victories - I was trying to say these guys need to realize that just trusting their coaching isn't going to do it, they need to have the right attitude going into the start of a game rather than playing catch-up later.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your question was going to 2 and converting it on the 2nd TD. Basically you asked if he'd went for 2 and the win or go for the extra point on the 3rd TD.

I think he'd went for the tie. "extra point" not the win.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm asking hypothetically if we had gone for 2 for the 2nd TD, would Riley look at the situation and say, well, we can go to OT, or we can finish this now. Then I was trying to explain why you would NOT go for 2 on the 2nd TD.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game has me clueless Bout this team it was like the msu game last year

Same demons from last staff showed up our defense is terrible and very Cosgrove like banker talked a good show during the off season not so much now.

The key is recruit bc clearly we need better talent esp defense and oline

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPE's fifth metatarsal changed the whole dynamic of this season.
Ridiculous pants, everyone said it wasn't that big of a deal, at WR, what with the 10 yd cushion throws and all

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it changed the return game except for the fact that Westie had some good returns today. With that said there was no threat of taking it to the house so maybe. WR though? We have depth.