• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NBA Draft Thread

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is clear -- Labissiere (spelling?) better stay for another year. He is playing less & less as the year goes.
It's funny because he was supposed to be the bees knees coming into this season, yet I never even hear about him.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly Durant did embarrassingly bad at the bench press at the combine. He's an exception though. Ingram seems even smaller than Durant was. Plus Durant is a lethal shooter. While Ingram is a decent shooter I think he will have to rely on the post more than Durant, which requires more bulk.

interesting ... I just checked ... both were listed at 6-9 in college ... Durant weighed 35 more pounds. I didn't notice Ingram being that light.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny because he was supposed to be the bees knees coming into this season, yet I never even hear about him.

He got to play at crunch time on Saturday just for a few seconds after the Australian center Humphres fouled out with the score tied when he got a foul with the score tied -- but got a T for celebrating by tossing the ball down. (could be dumbest play of the year ... although he seems like a good guy -- cost Ky the game)

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got to play at crunch time on Saturday just for a few seconds after the Australian center Humphres fouled out with the score tied when he got a foul with the score tied -- but got a T for celebrating by tossing the ball down. (could be dumbest play of the year ... although he seems like a good guy -- cost Ky the game)
Yeah I saw that play. I felt bad for the kid at first but then I remembered it's Kentucky and they are privileged enough. Plus you have to expect the refs to make that call in this day and age.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest concern I have about Simmons is his shooting. Ingram is the better shooter. I also think he's the better athlete. Ingram is a year younger as well. The Sixers can't go wrong with either player, but I'd take Ingram & try to sign a veteran PG in free agency. This team needs a leader on the floor. Expecting a rookie to be that guy is expecting to much.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest concern I have about Simmons is his shooting. Ingram is the better shooter. I also think he's the better athlete. Ingram is a year younger as well. The Sixers can't go wrong with either player, but I'd take Ingram & try to sign a veteran PG in free agency. This team needs a leader on the floor. Expecting a rookie to be that guy is expecting to much.

Guys can develop a jumper (Kawhi being an example of this), what you can't develop is his size, mobility, athleticism and his combination of passing/rebounding ability for his size.

Also, Ingram is the better athlete? Uhh. Not a chance. I like his offensive skill set and potential, but he has some major holes in his game defensively, and he also needs to add a ton of weight, he'll get pushed around his first couple years in the league. He isn't a great passer or rebounder either so he has more to work on than Simmons does.

People are just over thinking this imo.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys can develop a jumper (Kawhi being an example of this), what you can't develop is his size, mobility, athleticism and his combination of passing/rebounding ability for his size.

Also, Ingram is the better athlete? Uhh. Not a chance. I like his offensive skill set and potential, but he has some major holes in his game defensively, and he also needs to add a ton of weight, he'll get pushed around his first couple years in the league. He isn't a great passer or rebounder either so he has more to work on than Simmons does.

People are just over thinking this imo.

Agree.

Kawhi is a good comparison. Let's just hope he develops his work ethic.

Ben has Star potential...imo...A team like the Sixers can't draft guys for fit.

They need to take the best available. I get that he has a similar skill set as Saric.

I don't care. If you think he's the best player, take him. But, I expect this to go the way the draft did last year.

Minny was Okafor, Okafor, Okafor....until Towns worked out. Then, it became a no-brainer.

The fact that Ingram is skinny won't stop him from hitting 3's.

Ask Kevin Durant.....Ingram and Maker remind me of Garnett, physically, when he entered the NBA.

He did okay.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his offensive skill set and potential, but he has some major holes in his game defensively,

Actually, between him and Simmons, he is considered the better defender. He's also considered one of the best defenders in the draft.

he also needs to add a ton of weight, he'll get pushed around his first couple years in the league.

This is true. Dude needs to hit the weight room and make regular stops at Fatburger.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons and Ingram are my 1-2 in that order.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, between him and Simmons, he is considered the better defender. He's also considered one of the best defenders in the draft.

Based off what? Ingram won't stand a chance physically against NBA forwards. Simmons has much more upside defensively and has the body to at least hold his own from the get-go.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based off what? Ingram won't stand a chance physically against NBA forwards. Simmons has much more upside defensively and has the body to at least hold his own from the get-go.

Based off what all of the scouts, etc. are saying. If he goes to the Lakers, I'm pretty sure they have the ability to help him put on some weight. I'd also bet that he's aware that teams think he's too thin and that he's probably already working on it.

If he doesn't gain some weight right away, he'll struggle a little bit on the block until he does. But he's also a small forward, so he'll be fine on the perimeter with his length and athleticism. You are actually the only one saying that Simmons is a better defender. We don't know what Simmons upside is defensively. However, NBA scouts are saying that Ingram is the better defender right now.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the real draft starts @ 3. Unless Philly or LA does some crazy stupid shit.

Would you give up #3 for......Bradley Beal?

Gosh....He's always hurt. So, I'd be terrified to give him the Max.

But, if you're the Celtics?

Beal reiterated he wants to stay in Washington in a telephone interview from Tokyo last week, but at the right price. That price is a maximum contract. “I want to be valued the right way. I feel like I’m a max player and that’s what I’m looking for. If Washington can’t meet that requirement then I may be thinking elsewhere. I’m pretty sure that they probably won’t [let me go]. At the end of the day, that’s where I want to be. I think a deal will probably get done but you just never know,”

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to be pleasantly surprised with picks #3 onwards but so far from what i've seen it looks to be a disappointment.

I don't see the Lakers having the #2 pick either. I prefer to see it as #1b as there's no clear number one player between Simmons or Ingram.