• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NBA Draft Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ at the 2 and Drexler at the 3, you could probably win a Championship(or 6) with Uwe Blab or Bill Wennington at center lol. Your right about Bowie though, he was excellent before the injuries

Oh, I agree about MJ being the 2 and moving Drexler to 3. I'm sure if they could have a do over, they'd choose differently. At the time though, everyone thought it was the right move.

Funny how things work like that and can completely change the direction of a franchise.

If a coin flip had gone differently in 1969. Kareem goes to the Suns instead of the Bucks. Suns would probably have a title or 2 and you have to wonder if Kareem ever joins the Lakers.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree about MJ being the 2 and moving Drexler to 3. I'm sure if they could have a do over, they'd choose differently. At the time though, everyone thought it was the right move.

Funny how things work like that and can completely change the direction of a franchise.

If a coin flip had gone differently in 1969. Kareem goes to the Suns instead of the Bucks. Suns would probably have a title or 2 and you have to wonder if Kareem ever joins the Lakers.

Lucky does have a lot to do with it. Take a team like the TWolves. They have KAT and Wiggins....if they were to get lucky one more time, they could go from scrub to dynasty in a few years

Last edited by a moderator:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skal is in a tough spot. He needs a couple more years and 30-40 lbs, but his family needs money and, with perhaps Cal's greatest recruiting class ever coming next year, he might not start at UK. D League beckons

This is true. The question then begins, who would take him in the top half of the lottery knowing he's a good 3 years away from any sort of contribution. Can you take him at 6-7 and just put him the D-league for two season?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. The question then begins, who would take him in the top half of the lottery knowing he's a good 3 years away from any sort of contribution. Can you take him at 6-7 and just put him the D-league for two season?
After watching him the first half of the season, I would not take him on the top 20. If I'm a playoff team, and am willing to basically red shirt him, maybe I take a chance. He won't contribute to an NBA team for a couple of years

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is the top pick, its not even close. You take him regardless, no question. The rest of the class, I'd actually rate behind the top 4 or 5 guys from last year. It's that big a gap from Simmons to the rest. He's like an A+ prospect. Town was an A. Russell, Mudiay, PorzingGAWD, were like B+s and I'd say guys like Ingram and Dunn are like Bs. Still plenty of college season left but right now, there's really nothing that jumps off the screen.

Player I do like as a late lottery pick that I could see being a pretty good player Poetl. I haven't looked at any mocks but he seems like the kind of guy that will fly under the radar a bit and some team will snag him at like 9 or 10

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is the top pick, its not even close. You take him regardless, no question. The rest of the class, I'd actually rate behind the top 4 or 5 guys from last year. It's that big a gap from Simmons to the rest. He's like an A+ prospect. Town was an A. Russell, Mudiay, PorzingGAWD, were like B+s and I'd say guys like Ingram and Dunn are like Bs. Still plenty of college season left but right now, there's really nothing that jumps off the screen.

Player I do like as a late lottery pick that I could see being a pretty good player Poetl. I haven't looked at any mocks but he seems like the kind of guy that will fly under the radar a bit and some team will snag him at like 9 or 10

I think Dunn and Ingram will be similar to Mudiay/Winslow (for comparisons sake) talent wise, so yes it is a step down from last year slightly, but then there's Dragan Bender who some say is like Porzingis but with a better jumper, which is kinda scary.

I like Poeltl as well, he posses a Pau Gasol type of skill-set. Soft touch, good mid range game, can rebound with the best of them and is an awesome passer for his size with shot blocking ability. Could be a steal.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching him the first half of the season, I would not take him on the top 20. If I'm a playoff team, and am willing to basically red shirt him, maybe I take a chance. He won't contribute to an NBA team for a couple of years

He doesn't even look like a second round pick let alone a first rounder right now.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are cursed. :ohwell:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found out about this guy, but man he looks like he could be a real talent in the NBA. All of his weaknesses look like they're correctable. He has a bit of a young Iguodala to his game, but Lavine would probably be his closest comparison right now. A bit wild, but a very good athlete with off the chart measurables. Good vision and passing, but needs to work on decision making. NBADraft has him going to the Warriors at 30, but Chad Ford has him at 15 on his big board and projected Mid 1st pick.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found out about this guy, but man he looks like he could be a real talent in the NBA. All of his weaknesses look like they're correctable. He has a bit of a young Iguodala to his game, but Lavine would probably be his closest comparison right now. A bit wild, but a very good athlete with off the chart measurables. Good vision and passing, but needs to work on decision making. NBADraft has him going to the Warriors at 30, but Chad Ford has him at 15 on his big board and projected Mid 1st pick.

From Luwawu's jersey, I'm guessing he plays for the My Little Pony Sparkle Princesses

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft is awful mostly because the freshman class has turned out to be a joke so far.

I'm just gonna hope Ellenson loves his brother an unhealthy amount and doesn't take the top 7 $$$ in this shit show of a draft.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft is awful mostly because the freshman class has turned out to be a joke so far.

I'm just gonna hope Ellenson loves his brother an unhealthy amount and doesn't take the top 7 $$$ in this shit show of a draft.

True, the freshman class has disappointed big time, but there are others like Dunn, Poeltl, Bender and Valentine that aren't freshman but should still be solid NBA players.

I think Simmons, Ingram, Murray and Ellenson have looked promising. It's not a deep draft but there's still some potential in it.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Especially for Portland drafting Centers -- Bowie, Oden, Martin. Even HOFer Bill Walton was great for ~3 years -- but then his injuries took years off his career and really hurt his skills.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram is gaining steam now. People are now comparing him to a young Durant

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed the Warriors were slated to get Melo Trimble at 30, but I highly doubt he's there. I think he'll go in the late teens, early 20's.

I'm kind of talking myself into liking Nigel Hayes at 30. He's a poor man's Harrison Barnes, without the outside shooting. He's got the body type to float in the Warriors system between the 3/4. His perimeter defense is good.
He'll have to work on his perimeter game though to make a significant impact on the next level.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive watched Ingram and I still think Simmons is a lock for #1. That Ingram kid is good but he will get tossed around like a rag doll in the NBA. He needs to hit the weightroom bad. Skin and bones.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive watched Ingram and I still think Simmons is a lock for #1. That Ingram kid is good but he will get tossed around like a rag doll in the NBA. He needs to hit the weightroom bad. Skin and bones.

Durant was pretty small in college as well. Ingram will obviously put on weight when he gets to the NBA.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing is clear -- Labissiere (spelling?) better stay for another year. He is playing less & less as the year goes.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant was pretty small in college as well. Ingram will obviously put on weight when he gets to the NBA.
If I remember correctly Durant did embarrassingly bad at the bench press at the combine. He's an exception though. Ingram seems even smaller than Durant was. Plus Durant is a lethal shooter. While Ingram is a decent shooter I think he will have to rely on the post more than Durant, which requires more bulk.