• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NBA Draft Thread

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all you folks looking forward to the Draft this Summer like myself…. here ya go.

Ben Simmons is the obvious prize, but there are a few others I actually like quite a bit. Not a deep draft, but there is some talent early on.

Kris Dunn- PG
Dragan Bender-PF
Brandon Ingram- SF
Jaylen Brown- SF
Jakob Poeltl-PF/C

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm willing to bet that Skal Labissiere doesn't sniff the lottery let alone the top 5 once Draft Day rolls around. He's looked awful, and not just bad for him being hyped, but bad in general… I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Even Kentucky fans are bashing him, calling him soft, out of shape, not ready to play, etc.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all you folks looking forward to the Draft this Summer like myself…. here ya go.

Ben Simmons is the obvious prize, but there are a few others I actually like quite a bit. Not a deep draft, but there is some talent early on.

Kris Dunn- PG
Dragan Bender-PF
Brandon Ingram- SF
Jaylen Brown- SF
Jakob Poeltl-PF/C

I agree that Simmons is the prize, but I'm not sure I wouldn't rather see the Lakers get Ingram. He'd fill a position of need. Our current SF is a 75 year old shooting guard.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Simmons is the prize, but I'm not sure I wouldn't rather see the Lakers get Ingram. He'd fill a position of need. Our current SF is a 75 year old shooting guard.

You don't pass up on Simmons

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter who gets the first pick, they are taking Simmons.

But, who goes 2-5 will be determined by Team needs.

The guys I really like are Ingram, Dunn, Bender and Buddy Hield.

Buddy is slightly undersized for sg at 6'4 and change.

But, he has the wingspan to defend bigger guys.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet that Skal Labissiere doesn't sniff the lottery let alone the top 5 once Draft Day rolls around. He's looked awful, and not just bad for him being hyped, but bad in general… I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Even Kentucky fans are bashing him, calling him soft, out of shape, not ready to play, etc.

He's meh......Kid looks completely lost.

What do you think about Brice Johnson?

I like him a lot.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you need to trade them?

To move up?

Well, if they traded one, maybe they could steal DeRozan in free agency.

It would depend on the direction they go in FA. Do you go after Simmons if you can get KD in FA? Do you trade up to get Simmons? Or do you take a guy like Ingram?

Go after another big? Or stick with Hibbert for his defense since there will be so many scorers around him? The inevitable "Westbrook to the Lakers in 2017-18" rumors seem to be starting up. Do you try and work a trade with OKC so they don't lose him and get nothing in return?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would depend on the direction they go in FA. Do you go after Simmons if you can get KD in FA? Do you trade up to get Simmons? Or do you take a guy like Ingram?

Go after another big? Or stick with Hibbert for his defense since there will be so many scorers around him? The inevitable "Westbrook to the Lakers in 2017-18" rumors seem to be starting up. Do you try and work a trade with OKC so they don't lose him and get nothing in return?

Yeah.

I see your point.

The problem with most of those scenarios is that the draft takes place before free agency.

So, unless the people's grapevine is whispering that Durant is seriously considering your Team, you go full throttle after Simmons.

The only teams that wouldn't really need his services are the Thunder, Cavs, Warrirs, Spurs Indy and maaaaaaaaaaybe Minny....well, unless they played him at the 4.

Outside of Minny, none of those Teams have a snowball's chance in bell at getting the top pick.

So, what would you have to give up to pry him from a struggling team?

Hilbert?

Tough call unless he takes a massive pay cut.

If Noah was healthy, I'd take him over Roy.

I would definitely take Horford and Whiteside.

I also think Brooklyn will blowup that train wreck and ship Lopez out.

Lots of options.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

I see your point.

The problem with most of those scenarios is that the draft takes place before free agency.

So, unless the people's grapevine is whispering that Durant is seriously considering your Team, you go full throttle after Simmons.

The only teams that wouldn't really need his services are the Thunder, Cavs, Warriors, Spurs Indy and maaaaaaaaaaybe Minny....well, unless they played him at the 4.

Outside of Minny, none of those Teams have a snowball's chance in bell at getting the top pick.

So, what would you have to give up to pry him from a struggling team?

Hilbert?

Tough call unless he takes a massive pay cut.

If Noah was healthy, I'd take him over Roy.

I would definitely take Horford and Whiteside.

I also think Brooklyn will blowup that train wreck and ship Lopez out.

Lots of options.

Yeah, assuming the Lakers got the #1 pick, they'd have to take Simmons and then see how FA played out to decide what to do. As much as I'm enjoying watching the Lakers youngsters develop, I'm pretty excited to see what happens in the off-season. They'll have a ton of money available and at least a couple of assets that can be moved for the right return.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Skal play twice and he is honestly one of the softest bigs I've ever seen play. Maybe it's his body development, maybe it's mental, but either way he'll need to address that big time.

I like Kris Dunn a lot, but I think he'll have to have the right system to be an effective player.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like the Blazers passing on MJ because they already has Drexler

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like the Blazers passing on MJ because they already has Drexler

True. Although, to be fair, they desperately needed a big and Bowie was really good coming out of college. It wasn't the Blazers fault he couldn't stay healthy.

Plus, Drexler wasn't MJ, but he's still a Hall of Famer. So, it's easy to understand the Blazers thinking at the time. It just looks worse in hindsight because of how MJ's career went compared to Bowie.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, passing on Durant because they had Aldridge.
I'm not saying Simmons will be better than MJ, Kobe or LBJ, but at the same age, 1st year past HS, he's as good as they were

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Although, to be fair, they desperately needed a big and Bowie was really good coming out of college. It wasn't the Blazers fault he couldn't stay healthy.

Plus, Drexler wasn't MJ, but he's still a Hall of Famer. So, it's easy to understand the Blazers thinking at the time. It just looks worse in hindsight because of how MJ's career went compared to Bowie.
MJ at the 2 and Drexler at the 3, you could probably win a Championship(or 6) with Uwe Blab or Bill Wennington at center lol. Your right about Bowie though, he was excellent before the injuries

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Skal play twice and he is honestly one of the softest bigs I've ever seen play. Maybe it's his body development, maybe it's mental, but either way he'll need to address that big time.

I like Kris Dunn a lot, but I think he'll have to have the right system to be an effective player.
Skal is in a tough spot. He needs a couple more years and 30-40 lbs, but his family needs money and, with perhaps Cal's greatest recruiting class ever coming next year, he might not start at UK. D League beckons