• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy you can sure tell it's football season. A lot of empty seats at the safe...T-Mobile. Watching in the 4th inning and the sacks have been loaded for 5 different hitters. Lots of ops for grand salami time but only hitting singles but it's 5-0 M's bottom of the 4th. They finally decided to bench Nova and bring in the pen. Seager walks to load em up again with only 1 out.

BTW: Aaron drives me nuts (it's a short trip...lol) when he calls a game. He should have his own "talk" show cuz he spends more time talking about everything besides the game that's going on right in front of him. He spends more time talking about "other" stuff and advertising commercials than he does about the game play. His goofy laughing and then when he goes ballistic with his screaming bugs the hell out of me too. :pound: I can see why Blow tunes him out much of the time. I know a lot of you don't like Sims, but I sure the hell prefer him over Goldsmith any day!! OK, done with this rant. :D

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I left the game after the bottom of the 7th cuz they were down 10-5 then I get home and find out they won, so like wtf

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, crazy isn't it? Never really quite know what to expect. They play to extremes I guess. One time shitty, another time lights out. But I think when they play a solid team, they get their rear ends spanked....big time. It's fun to see the young guys working their way into the bigs though. Still, not interested in heading to a game this season. Rather spend that money on something fun....like scratch lottery tickets. :pound:

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't this team hold a lead in the late innings?? They (Servais) have a skill to let the pen lose the game for them. There is good news though.....with 15 games left in this season, they only have to win 3 of those games to avoid having a 100 loss season. GO MARINERS!! :clap:

I hope they lose 100.

I doubt they will, but hope.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah NFL kicked off and I have't been watching, checking the box scores to see how the kids are playing.....

Rumor has it Felix finally pitched like he should've been pitching the last couple of years......

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the M’s are playing the Pirates...

Their closer apparently arrested for attempted to have sex with a 13 year old girl he met at the ballpark.

The attempt failed but he continued to send texts, pictures, and videos to the girl’s phone

What a fking creep

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the M’s are playing the Pirates...

Their closer apparently arrested for attempted to have sex with a 13 year old girl he met at the ballpark.

The attempt failed but he continued to send texts, pictures, and videos to the girl’s phone

What a fking creep

really weird you would think since you are a professional baseball player you could get sex from a good looking woman but choose to do this. Mental health in America is a problem

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are a lot of empty seats in many ball parks due to football being back. and like 90% of the league is eliminated a lot of division winners are already set and the wild card is down to 3 teams so there are plenty of fans ready to go to football games unless you are a dolphins fan.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are a lot of empty seats in many ball parks due to football being back. and like 90% of the league is eliminated a lot of division winners are already set and the wild card is down to 3 teams so there are plenty of fans ready to go to football games unless you are a dolphins fan.

One of the better arguments to quit giving so many off days. Even though the outcome of attendance may be similar, you want your playoffs going up against NFL.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Mariners,

Look like this is last series of the 2019 season.

I gave up in June and became a fan of the Oakland A's this year because they have shown to be a consistent playoffs contender despite their low payroll.

I'm writing to request that you help them out this last series by letting them sweep your sorry ass. As you played an integral part in the AL West by going 1-18 against the Astros and helped them compete for best record, I urge you to do the same for the A's to help them secure their WC spot.

Signed,
A Very Tired Fan.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The King’s reign has ended after 15 years.

Thank you for the memories King... it’s a real shame you never get to experience the playoffs.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Mariners,

Look like this is last series of the 2019 season.

I gave up in June and became a fan of the Oakland A's this year because they have shown to be a consistent playoffs contender despite their low payroll.

I'm writing to request that you help them out this last series by letting them sweep your sorry ass. As you played an integral part in the AL West by going 1-18 against the Astros and helped them compete for best record, I urge you to do the same for the A's to help them secure their WC spot.

Signed,
A Very Tired Fan.

Solid move switching to an A’s fan since they’ll be in Portland by 2024.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy you can sure tell it's football season. A lot of empty seats at the safe...T-Mobile. Watching in the 4th inning and the sacks have been loaded for 5 different hitters. Lots of ops for grand salami time but only hitting singles but it's 5-0 M's bottom of the 4th. They finally decided to bench Nova and bring in the pen. Seager walks to load em up again with only 1 out.

BTW: Aaron drives me nuts (it's a short trip...lol) when he calls a game. He should have his own "talk" show cuz he spends more time talking about everything besides the game that's going on right in front of him. He spends more time talking about "other" stuff and advertising commercials than he does about the game play. His goofy laughing and then when he goes ballistic with his screaming bugs the hell out of me too. :pound: I can see why Blow tunes him out much of the time. I know a lot of you don't like Sims, but I sure the hell prefer him over Goldsmith any day!! OK, done with this rant. :D

I've been really busy so I haven't been posting much but last night's game was probably the first I've watched more than a couple innings of in a month.

I probably bitch about play-by-play more than anyone on this planet, but I sincerely hate Goldsmith on Mariners broadcasts. Ironically he's actually pretty tolerable when he calls football. I'm looking forward to when he bolts somewhere else. I can't recall exactly what he was saying but I remember last night when I was watching the game, he was really pissing me off.

Before Goldsmith was hired I used to hate Sims and I don't know if I've warmed up to Sims or if Goldsmith irritates me so much that in comparison Sims is amazing.

One observation I've made is that on Mariners broadcasts whenever he is teamed with Blowers I can tell that he absolutely hates it. I don't know how to articulate it but it seems there is absolutely no chemistry between the two of them.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the better arguments to quit giving so many off days. Even though the outcome of attendance may be similar, you want your playoffs going up against NFL.

Hard not to give many off days when the players play 162 games. I know baseball isn't the most strenuous sport (for position players) but a reduction in off days would particularly hurt the Mariners due to the fact that I believe our team racks up more miles flying than any in baseball.

I've talked about this before, but my biggest issue is the cost to attend a game. Teams "adjust" pricing based on "demand" but in reality what they do is raise the prices for "premium games" much more than they reduce prices for non-premium games.

Even if you purchase one of the cheapest tickets, you'll end up spending a bunch if you want to get food or drinks which is part of the fun of attending a game. Going to an MLB game is one of my favorite things to do in life, but with how expensive it is I can find other things to do for half the cost.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're thinking of the Rays.

Na, it will be the A’s. Without extra NFL coming into Oakland they won’t have money to keep that stadium from being condemned by the CDC. The Rays are going to end up in Montreal.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard not to give many off days when the players play 162 games. I know baseball isn't the most strenuous sport (for position players) but a reduction in off days would particularly hurt the Mariners due to the fact that I believe our team racks up more miles flying than any in baseball.

I've talked about this before, but my biggest issue is the cost to attend a game. Teams "adjust" pricing based on "demand" but in reality what they do is raise the prices for "premium games" much more than they reduce prices for non-premium games.

Even if you purchase one of the cheapest tickets, you'll end up spending a bunch if you want to get food or drinks which is part of the fun of attending a game. Going to an MLB game is one of my favorite things to do in life, but with how expensive it is I can find other things to do for half the cost.

But it’s really not. There is no logical (IMO) baseball players today get 10 times the off days than they did in the 60’s. Owners nor the players union will do what they should do and that is give 1 day off of a week but do double headers on Saturday or Sunday.

Your last part I think we touched on before. The fact ticket prices are so high is a dumb business decision IMO and why baseball is falling behind two sports that have legit economical and social issues in football and basketball. Slash the prices, get them in the gate for $1 for all I care. You will make more money with a sellout at discounted prices than half full at full price because of what you said, concessions and merchandise. That philosophy is the main reason that minor league baseball is semi profitable or at a minimum breaks even as opposed to football and basketball that can’t ever sustain a minor league. The Arizona Fall League > The G League or NFL Europe.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been really busy so I haven't been posting much but last night's game was probably the first I've watched more than a couple innings of in a month.

I probably bitch about play-by-play more than anyone on this planet, but I sincerely hate Goldsmith on Mariners broadcasts. Ironically he's actually pretty tolerable when he calls football. I'm looking forward to when he bolts somewhere else. I can't recall exactly what he was saying but I remember last night when I was watching the game, he was really pissing me off.

Before Goldsmith was hired I used to hate Sims and I don't know if I've warmed up to Sims or if Goldsmith irritates me so much that in comparison Sims is amazing.

One observation I've made is that on Mariners broadcasts whenever he is teamed with Blowers I can tell that he absolutely hates it. I don't know how to articulate it but it seems there is absolutely no chemistry between the two of them.

I guess it's nice know I'm not the only one who has issues with Goldsmith. It's like this for me: If I turn on a game and I hear Aaron's voice, I say to myself "oh shit, it's asshole again" so I'm already in a crappy mood before I even see how the M's are doing. :pound:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just reduce the number of games. I think 162 games over the course of 6-7 months is too much. Maybe I’m having this perspective because this team has been so bad for so long and by the time June rolls around, I’m out.

But from another perspective of too many games, baseball seems to be the only sport that overlaps with every other major sports. As a matter of fact, it overlaps with basketball TWICE throughout the year (In April-June during bball playoffs and in October during bball start of season).

I’d be okay with like 132 game season or something.