• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an absolute joke. Not the mention on a pitch that wasnt a strike. Maybe it clipped the corner, but the catcher was set up inside and had reach completely across the zone to frame it. Mariners issues aside why the MLB continues to allows to turn a blind eye to this stuff is beyond me. Not mention double down and suspend a player because a soft ump sucks at his job.

Mariners' Keon Broxton gets two-game suspension after tossed batting glove strikes umpire in the face

I’ll never understand the umpires union. There is technology available right now if MLB chooses to eliminate 99% of their jobs yet they continue to allow clown shows like that.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an absolute joke. Not the mention on a pitch that wasnt a strike. Maybe it clipped the corner, but the catcher was set up inside and had reach completely across the zone to frame it. Mariners issues aside why the MLB continues to allows to turn a blind eye to this stuff is beyond me. Not mention double down and suspend a player because a soft ump sucks at his job.

Mariners' Keon Broxton gets two-game suspension after tossed batting glove strikes umpire in the face

It's always been this way, you target an Ump or show him up on the field your going to sit after it. Of course the league never issues a statement that the player had every right to act like that since the umpires zone sucks

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always been this way, you target an Ump or show him up on the field your going to sit after it. Of course the league never issues a statement that the player had every right to act like that since the umpires zone sucks

Ejecting him is understandable whether or not the batting glove toss was on purpose or not. Too suspend him is excessive and a joke if you ask me. I think if you watch the situation unbiasedly there is zero way a suspension is warranted in my opnion. I'd be more concerned about my umpire missing a call by that much.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the strike zone needs to be automated using technology and the umpire.

That being said said there is no umpire in baseball from little league and up that would take being smacked in the face with a glove like that, ever.

Strike zones suck on a daily basis but your argument goes out the window when you act like a spoiled brat and start tossing your gear all over and hit someone in the face.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It sucks watching a pro ball player throwing a temper tantrum!! Not sticking up for them but some of these guys' egos are so inflated that if something doesn't go just the way the want they get all pissy and act out their frustration. You'd never see an Edgar Martinez type player act that way. Just sayin'.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never been a fan of putting a number on how many PA one needs in the minors. To me it has always been a dude needs to spend some time at every level where he is forced to make adjustments. Zunino was given opportunities to make adjustments. He had power for days but never really was able to become a professional hitter, which IMO is where you go on prolonged slumps but are able to mentally bust out of them. He wasn’t given the time to become a professional which is where I feel someone is rushed. Plus they did the exact opposite of well run organizations and wasn’t brought up for a cup of coffee if you get a call up during a lost season.

I will go with Edgar's opinion on this one. :nod:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go with Edgar's opinion on this one. :nod:

Ya, but Edgar was kind of a once in a lifetime type player. He massively outplayed the talent he was god given. I’m guessing a decent portion of prospects have more given talent than Edgar, he just had something you cannot teach which is determination. That’s the you can scout someone’s heart.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, but Edgar was kind of a once in a lifetime type player. He massively outplayed the talent he was god given. I’m guessing a decent portion of prospects have more given talent than Edgar, he just had something you cannot teach which is determination. That’s the you can scout someone’s heart.

:agree:

Along with once Lou moved him to the DH spot Gar basically re wrote the role of the DH with his work ethic!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t disagree with the ejection. But I dislike how umpires try to be apart of the show and don’t own up to terrible calls. Back in the day, sure. It was the umpire vs player with crappy calls. Now it is umpires vs the player and technology proving they suck at their job. If the umpires really want to keep being apart of it then when they make calls like that they deserve to be ejected by officials in NY.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trout 1326 PA's in the minors. I will stick with 1500 and that is for a good hitter.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout 1326 PA's in the minors. I will stick with 1500 and that is for a good hitter.

Eh, Trout would’ve been up sooner if not for service time though.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fraley is starting to worry me. This is the second time in a week he has missed games because of personal reasons. I worry he might flake out of baseball and we are left with nothing.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye, bye Mallex (my prediction).

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look who is currently 7th in WAR. It seems he has maintained his hot first half.

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 1.38.56 PM.png

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUH? LOL.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as some of Mariners future OF's go, Bishop is a hacker and guesses at pitches and Fraley looks like he starts in Tacoma next year. Mallex might just be too stupid to play the game.

As far as 2020 goes, it looks like we are only set at catcher and utility.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DefiantGranularFrilledlizard-size_restricted.gif