• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little "jump the gun" on the congrats though. :nod: You don't know our Manager and our bullpen so it's probably gonna be a congrats to you on a W tonight. :thumb:

Yeah I guess all we needed was 1 inning vs your pen. I thought that letting Leake throw 15 pitches the final two innings was the nail.

Also, thank god for the ump.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you twins fans feeling about Cruz? He's a hell of a nice guy and still has a lot of pop left in him IMO.

He’s been pretty great. And he’s a hell of a dugout/clubhouse presence.

A great thing about him is he uses all fields. Not a guy you can shift.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s been pretty great. And he’s a hell of a dugout/clubhouse presence.

A great thing about him is he uses all fields. Not a guy you can shift.

Cruz is one of my favorite Mariners of all time. You had no idea what kind of guy he was just watching him in the opposite dugout, just that he was a guy that could hit the ball to the back of the upper deck. But the guy just seems like a pleasure to be around for everyone. Really an all around person that I will always root for. Not to mention he's one of the few Mariner free agent signings that actually exceeded expectations. Just a guy that has continued to work hard and get better since he had the PED controversy years ago.

Also really enjoy the Twins as a franchise, cool to see you guys mashing the ball. Hopefully things hold together and there can be a new face at the top of the AL instead of the same 4 teams that have been there the last few years.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz is one of my favorite Mariners of all time. You had no idea what kind of guy he was just watching him in the opposite dugout, just that he was a guy that could hit the ball to the back of the upper deck. But the guy just seems like a pleasure to be around for everyone. Really an all around person that I will always root for. Not to mention he's one of the few Mariner free agent signings that actually exceeded expectations. Just a guy that has continued to work hard and get better since he had the PED controversy years ago.

Also really enjoy the Twins as a franchise, cool to see you guys mashing the ball. Hopefully things hold together and there can be a new face at the top of the AL instead of the same 4 teams that have been there the last few years.

Yeah there is a great article on ESPN about our hot start and a lot of it talks about Cruz. How he’s basically a second hitting coach and all the players listen to his in game advice. He’s clearly a guy that players respect.

I hope we can make a push this year! We really need to take advantage of our cupcake division schedule and somehow get that 1 seed. Make Yanks and Stros kill each other. It’s a long shot to win 1 series vs those guys, 2 ain’t happening lol. Hope we add pitching.

You guys got some quality pieces especially offensively. Really gotta get the D turned around and develop some pitching but you guys have a legit lineup(obviously some of the guys won’t be part of the long term tho).

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys got some quality pieces especially offensively. Really gotta get the D turned around and develop some pitching but you guys have a legit lineup(obviously some of the guys won’t be part of the long term tho).

My hope is that management is just patient with the process. This is something thats needed to be done for 10+ years and has taken a backseat to just piecing a fringe contender together and hoping to get lucky. They've been shooting for 2021 but man I really think it needs more time then that. Lots of the guys with high ceilings are gonna take some time to get the bigs. Buts that's the way baseball has become. You are basically a have or a have not and if you aren't a have you need to ask yourself how do we become one. Building from within and supplementing later is the way.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that management is just patient with the process. This is something thats needed to be done for 10+ years and has taken a backseat to just piecing a fringe contender together and hoping to get lucky. They've been shooting for 2021 but man I really think it needs more time then that. Lots of the guys with high ceilings are gonna take some time to get the bigs. Buts that's the way baseball has become. You are basically a have or a have not and if you aren't a have you need to ask yourself how do we become one. Building from within and supplementing later is the way.

Yeah basically imo is the hardest sport to predict for a rebuild. Having a full minor league system leaves no real formula for when guys will be ready and what the entire roster projects to be when they are.

Obviously if you can hit on a lot of draft picks and have them all come up the same time similar to Houston and Cubs that’s ideal. That is very tough tho, and even in the case of Chicago they spent some really key money too.

Mariners will probably be best to play it like the Twins which was still lucky but more realistic and less dominant than Stros/Cubs.

Get a young core of a solid players. Spend smartly on vets to fill out the roster. There was still a lot of luck for us that all our young guys turned the corner together and all the signings have been great for most part. But it was a good formula to at least be competitive

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why Cruz is one of my fav M's. Production-wise, Encarnacion is better this year but from a personality, club-house and dugout perspective, Cruz would be fun to have around.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Cruz is one of my fav M's. Production-wise, Encarnacion is better this year but from a personality, club-house and dugout perspective, Cruz would be fun to have around.

I loved Nelson Cruz, he always seemed like such a happy guy and it was well known the effort he put into staying in shape. Really awesome to see a guy his age continue to hit as well as he has. Shame he never got to be a part of a contender in Seattle. When we signed him I thought it was a poor decision because I thought he would begin to decline due to age, but happily I was very, very wrong. Definitely one of the best free agent signings by the Mariners in the last decade, even though it didn't make us a contender.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since being traded, in 8 games Jay Bruce is hitting .379/.400/.966 with 5 HRs and 13 RBIs.

Sounds like we may have been better off waiting a bit longer before moving him. Oh well, best wishes to him.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since being traded, in 8 games Jay Bruce is hitting .379/.400/.966 with 5 HRs and 13 RBIs.

Sounds like we may have been better off waiting a bit longer before moving him. Oh well, best wishes to him.

It was a given once he left town he would go on a tear hitting the ball!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Track history says he would do well once he bounced town..... it's a given.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Milone become Cy Young?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time I can confidently say nice win to you guys.

Unfortunately Baldelli gift wrapped it with his awful management of our awful pen

But y’all deserved it

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lead is about to get evaporated..... again.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time I can confidently say nice win to you guys.

Unfortunately Baldelli gift wrapped it with his awful management of our awful pen

But y’all deserved it

:pound:I don't think I'd be 100% confident. Remember.....this is the Seattle Mariners, you know, the team that likes to give away games. :suds:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lead is about to get evaporated..... again.

I am really not surprised about the Mariners giving up the runs. It seems like they might be suffering from allergies....They are allergic to winning games. :heh:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:I don't think I'd be 100% confident. Remember.....this is the Seattle Mariners, you know, the team that likes to give away games. :suds:

Haha damn we actually got the tying run to second!!

Cron then hit a can of corn.

Shame Parker had to give up a 3 run bomb to a guy named fucking Shed

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanna post this again...

It was funny yesterday.... it's sad today.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanna post this again...

It was funny yesterday.... it's sad today.

This is crazy, we have a strong lead and then like so many other times, things with our pen just go tits up and Servais lets things go too far before he does what he needs to do. :doh: