• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:Our stadium is set up great for viewing and partying too, if you can stand the new T-Mobile park's PINK (magenta) colors. After a few beers it starts to blend in anyway, so what the hell.

I've only gone to one game and had already had more beers than I can remember, but I actually didn't mind it too much. I thought it would really irritate me, but it surprisingly didn't.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those venues must be quite a nice breath of fresh air after playing in the Metrodome all those years.

I don't know much of the fan experience at Target Field, but it looks like a great venue.

Fun fact you might not know: The Vikings colors are purple and gold because the person who designed them was a University of Washington graduate. Obviously they're not the same shades, but I thought that was pretty interesting. Link to the story if you're interested:

The story behind Minnesota's Viking

Haha definitely especially for Vikings football. Sometimes Twins games in the dome could be fun with the home field advantage and noise. But if you’re going to drink and enjoy summer....no.

TF keeps adding good bar options in the stadium. The RF concourse was renovated so now it includes yard games like bags that fans can play. Very spacious. If you see the big glass windows in foul territory down right field that’s a huge restaurant. It used to be club access only but now it’s a place called Bats and Barrel where all fans can go before and during the game to hang out. Its a great appeal for those that are there more for the drinking/experience and don’t care to stay in a seat. Also loads of tvs so you can watch things like Vikes games or Stanley cup while also being at a Twins game.

I actually vaguely remember hearing that Washington fact!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The twins think they have the worse pen----but I think after seeing our pen, they might realize what "shitty" really is. Doesn't matter what our starters accomplish cuz the pen probably 9 times out 10 will blow it for us anyway. Servais slow action doesn't help much either.

Ha your pen sucks no doubt. Ours is just so horribly constructed. 1 lefty?? With Rogers out we are hopeless vs Vogelbach who sucks vs Lefties.

And we have like nobody that’s proven.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha definitely especially for Vikings football. Sometimes Twins games in the dome could be fun with the home field advantage and noise. But if you’re going to drink and enjoy summer....no.

TF keeps adding good bar options in the stadium. The RF concourse was renovated so now it includes yard games like bags that fans can play. Very spacious. If you see the big glass windows in foul territory down right field that’s a huge restaurant. It used to be club access only but now it’s a place called Bats and Barrel where all fans can go before and during the game to hang out. Its a great appeal for those that are there more for the drinking/experience and don’t care to stay in a seat. Also loads of tvs so you can watch things like Vikes games or Stanley cup while also being at a Twins game.

I actually vaguely remember hearing that Washington fact!

That's pretty cool. I don't have it planned any time soon, but I'm definitely looking forward to experiencing a game there.

Also appreciate your commentary regarding the Twins, always nice to have a fan of another team on the Mariners board. Not sure the next time the Mariners play the Twins, but you're always welcome here to shoot the shit with us.

We're experts about finding something to talk about because who the hell wants to talk about the Mariners these days? Congrats on the win by the way.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hilarious to watch. Scott walking out to the hill so much and putting new "shit" on the hill to watch double digits increase. Sorry to see Nellie k there, was hoping to see one of his cruz missiles. If they keep batting around, maybe will still see it today. :thumb:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha your pen sucks no doubt. Ours is just so horribly constructed. 1 lefty?? With Rogers out we are hopeless vs Vogelbach who sucks vs Lefties.

And we have like nobody that’s proven.

Not sure who will be available, but you guys should be able to add some decent bullpen arms through the trade market. There is an abundance of sellers this year so it shouldn't be too difficult.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m truly surprised since it’s Pride Month MLB hasn’t changed the names or pitchers and catchers. That term is often an offensive gay slur.
Tom Brady was a catcher in high school. LOL.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty cool. I don't have it planned any time soon, but I'm definitely looking forward to experiencing a game there.

Also appreciate your commentary regarding the Twins, always nice to have a fan of another team on the Mariners board. Not sure the next time the Mariners play the Twins, but you're always welcome here to shoot the shit with us.

We're experts about finding something to talk about because who the hell wants to talk about the Mariners these days? Congrats on the win by the way.

Absolutely. I wish more teams had active daily boards. That’s why I found my way over here. Usually when we play a team there’s not much activity including on our own.(our board is basically me and Hauvea ranting about the dumb shit the team does lol).

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hilarious to watch. Scott walking out to the hill so much and putting new "shit" on the hill to watch double digits increase. Sorry to see Nellie k there, was hoping to see one of his cruz missiles. If they keep batting around, maybe will still see it today. :thumb:

I don't even bother keeping track with who is in the bullpen now because it seems like such a revolving door of AAAA players.

The offense has been strong for the Mariners for the most part, but I have to wonder how much better it would be statistically if the team wasn't getting blown out like this so consistently. I don't know what goes through the mind of a MLB player, but it must be demoralizing stepping up to the plate down 9 runs.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who will be available, but you guys should be able to add some decent bullpen arms through the trade market. There is an abundance of sellers this year so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Will Smith is my dream from the left side. Everyone will want him tho.

Hand will probably cost too much. He’s under contract and elite.

Giles just hurt so that might delay things but he’s an option.

Greg Holland with Will smith would be my dream scenario tho.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY!! 9 more runs and we can tie this puppy up!! Go Seager :bullshit:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say you can have one of our bullpen arms, but as you can see you probably wouldn't want them.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice picks- Holland would be my fav but I like Giles too

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I wish more teams had active daily boards. That’s why I found my way over here. Usually when we play a team there’s not much activity including on our own.(our board is basically me and Hauvea ranting about the dumb shit the team does lol).

Surprisingly this board is one of the most active among all MLB teams. I just looked and only a couple others have more posts/threads. I think we all come here for self loathing.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see what your saying about your pen. Romero is having one hell of a tough time. Looks like a new pitcher is on the way. Musical chairs for the M's and musical chairs for the Twins.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what your saying about your pen. Romero is having one hell of a tough time. Looks like a new pitcher is on the way. Musical chairs for the M's and musical chairs for the Twins.

Yeah man, we just keep calling up the same guys from AAA. Romero was allowing a .295 AAA average.

When one guy gets hit. He gets demoted for another minor league arm. It’s sad.

We didn’t wanna give up a draft pick to gerbil Kimbrel. The equivalent of that pick woulda been Ryan Eades who we took 53rd overall in 2013 and just now got his cup of coffee at 27.

We couldn’t risk pick 53 this year for Kimbrel? Ok.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly this board is one of the most active among all MLB teams. I just looked and only a couple others have more posts/threads. I think we all come here for self loathing.

Yeah I think I’ve noticed the Rangers and Phillies as teams with boards not many others. It’s crazy.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even bother keeping track with who is in the bullpen now because it seems like such a revolving door of AAAA players.

The offense has been strong for the Mariners for the most part, but I have to wonder how much better it would be statistically if the team wasn't getting blown out like this so consistently. I don't know what goes through the mind of a MLB player, but it must be demoralizing stepping up to the plate down 9 runs.

The pen is a total unknown to me. I agree our offense is decent, I'm not sure how "strong" I would say they are though. Besides our shitty pen, our defense hurts us also with all the silly ass errors we end up making each game.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice picks- Holland would be my fav but I like Giles too

Lots of Twins fans are sacred of Giles cause of 2017.

But his stats in the AL East this year are elite. Like 16 K per 9.