• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager does the weirdest shit with his face and mouth when he's at the plate and I didn't realize how big his nose is. Maybe cuz he lost a bunch of weight his nose looks bigger. :pound:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only watched the 10th inning but man they really needed the Twins to foul up defensively to put any runs on the board. Twice they needed just a fly ball for runs and instead there was a grounder that should have been an out at the plate and then Seagar does what he's down for 3 years in that spot and Ks

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here we go. Shed bobbles a routine easy grounder for error #1 in this game. Unf'nreal.:scratch:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here we go. Shed bobbles a routine easy grounder for error #1 in this game. Unf'nreal.:scratch:

And Voglebach was just hanging out instead of covering 1B.

Twins and Mariners bring out the sloppy in each other

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We appear to be the only team in baseball that can’t hit Kikuchi

Bases loaded nobody out. No runs. Lol

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We appear to be the only team in baseball that can’t hit Kikuchi

Bases loaded nobody out. No runs. Lol
I was sure the twins were gonna knock the shit out of us with the sacks juiced and no outs. That something that usually would happen with the M's. Good to see Nelson with a cruz missile. :thumb:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was sure the twins were gonna knock the shit out of us with the sacks juiced and no outs. That something that usually would happen with the M's. Good to see Nelson with a cruz missile. :thumb:

Usually Buxton is really good in those spots this year.

We struggle vs soft tossers tho, our power likes power. Leake, Milone and Kikuchi are all like that.

That was a nice rocket by Nelson tho

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually Buxton is really good in those spots this year.

We struggle vs soft tossers tho, our power likes power. Leake, Milone and Kikuchi are all like that.

That was a nice rocket by Nelson tho

I'm thinking the twins are just in a short funk right now cuz I think you guys are close to having the best record in all MLB along with maybe the Stros. Actually I was kind of hoping to see the twins have a good run for the series but definitely for your division anyway.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the twins are just in a short funk right now cuz I think you guys are close to having the best record in all MLB along with maybe the Stros. Actually I was kind of hoping to see the twins have a good run for the series but definitely for your division anyway.

Yeah truly it’s all just the shitty bullpen. Law of averages is setting in quick on them. And our starters don’t go real deep so it’s expounding.

We have moments/stretches of bad offense but as you saw the last two games we quickly end up with 6 runs. Offense hasn’t been as lethal as a few weeks ago but we are still keeping our 6 per game run average.

I just hope we get the bullpen help we badly need. Have 0 chance in the playoffs without at least two more arms

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah truly it’s all just the shitty bullpen. Law of averages is setting in quick on them. And our starters don’t go real deep so it’s expounding.

We have moments/stretches of bad offense but as you saw the last two games we quickly end up with 6 runs. Offense hasn’t been as lethal as a few weeks ago but we are still keeping our 6 per game run average.

I just hope we get the bullpen help we badly need. Have 0 chance in the playoffs without at least two more arms

No doubt the pen is crucial. I see your strength in the offense getting runners on and moving them across the dish. Strong bats are nice but I agree totally that you need to have starters get deep and have a solid pen to close things out. This is a rebuild period for the M's and we have a piss poor rotation and an even worse piss poorer pen to deal with. :trash:

PLUS our defense is so friggin inconsistent too

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the pen is crucial. I see your strength in the offense getting runners on and moving them across the dish. Strong bats are nice but I agree totally that you need to have starters get deep and have a solid pen to close things out. This is a rebuild period for the M's and we have a piss poor rotation and an even worse piss poorer pen to deal with. :trash:

PLUS our defense is so friggin inconsistent too

Yeah offense can’t complain about. We have 35 homers on our 3 man bench today and one of those guys was on the DL for 2 weeks(Garver) and Sano for a month+.

I feel your pain on the rebuild awfulness tho. Twins have worst record in majors since we opened target field lmao. Been bad for many years

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah offense can’t complain about. We have 35 homers on our 3 man bench today and one of those guys was on the DL for 2 weeks(Garver) and Sano for a month+.

I feel your pain on the rebuild awfulness tho. Twins have worst record in majors since we opened target field lmao. Been bad for many years

Just got back in and see you guys are taking care of our pen. No surprise on this end. What can I say? Typical Mariners at their finest.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back in and see you guys are taking care of our pen. No surprise on this end. What can I say? Typical Mariners at their finest.

Lol so far it’s been

Kepler leadoff walk
Adrianza hit and run single
Wild pick off throw to 1st(Kepler scores)
Wild pitch in dirt(Adrianza takes 3rd on heads up running)
Castro grounds out to second with infield in. Adrianza scores on contact play.
Buxton walk.

New pitcher time.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this is a lost season for the Mariners, is it bad that I'd like to see Nelson Cruz hit a grand slam here?

I probably root harder for him than any non-Mariner in baseball.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody can feel the pain of being a Mariners fan lol.

I actually didn't know that the Twins had the worst record in the majors since moving to Target Field. Ya'll have two really incredible stadiums over there in Minneapolis. I've always had a really weird interest in stadiums and I have to say that I think U.S. Bank Stadium probably has one of the coolest designs of any stadium I've ever seen.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually didn't know that the Twins had the worst record in the majors since moving to Target Field. Ya'll have two really incredible stadiums over there in Minneapolis. I've always had a really weird interest in stadiums and I have to say that I think U.S. Bank Stadium probably has one of the coolest designs of any stadium I've ever seen.

Ha true in terms of playoff drought you guys are more like the wolves(we finally made it!!)

That stat about Twins caught me off guard too. 2010 I figured woulda saved us. But I guess we have been the worst!

I love Us Bank and actually really love Target field as well. It’s great for watching a game live and they keep making fan experience improvement so I cannot complain about the venues.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The twins think they have the worse pen----but I think after seeing our pen, they might realize what "shitty" really is. Doesn't matter what our starters accomplish cuz the pen probably 9 times out 10 will blow it for us anyway. Servais slow action doesn't help much either.

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha true in terms of playoff drought you guys are more like the wolves(we finally made it!!)

That stat about Twins caught me off guard too. 2010 I figured woulda saved us. But I guess we have been the worst!

I love Us Bank and actually really love Target field as well. It’s great for watching a game live and they keep making fan experience improvement so I cannot complain about the venues.

Those venues must be quite a nice breath of fresh air after playing in the Metrodome all those years.

I don't know much of the fan experience at Target Field, but it looks like a great venue.

Fun fact you might not know: The Vikings colors are purple and gold because the person who designed them was a University of Washington graduate. Obviously they're not the same shades, but I thought that was pretty interesting. Link to the story if you're interested:

The story behind Minnesota's Viking

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound:Our stadium is set up great for viewing and partying too, if you can stand the new T-Mobile park's PINK (magenta) colors. After a few beers it starts to blend in anyway, so what the hell.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The twins think they have to worse pen----but I think after seeing our pen, they might realize what "shitty" really is. Doesn't matter what our starters accomplish cuz the pen probably 9 times out 10 will blow it for us anyway. Servais slow action doesn't help much either.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'd be quite surprised if the Mariners bullpen didn't have the worst stats in baseball.

To be frank I hadn't heard of most of the guys in our bullpen prior to this season. Luckily for the Mariners when we contend in 2040, bullpen arms are easily acquired through trades.