• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your brain on drugs:
Alexandria.jpg

I don't think any drug could bring me to that level.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its something. I mean I was thinking they just would end up DFAing him. Yea on the surface this looks poor but 2019 was just gonna be a bunch of moves like this. clearing salary and not much return.

The unfortunate thing is we didn't clear much salary and didn't get much in return. If you're right that it was either this or DFAing him, then I suppose it's a win.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see that game on Fox, but I do know that I really can't stand Goldsmith. I feel like he tries to be the part rather than naturally being the part. I love it when the "Bone" is in the booth because he busts his balls the entire time; not sure Blowers likes him either.

I love when they have Jay Buhner in the booth. He's always a lot of fun to listen to irrespective of who is in the booth with him.

For the record I did accidentally type Jay Bruce at first since I just responded to a post about him, lol.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The light rail isn’t terrible but it is a headache for 90% of Seattle sports fans as they don’t live in Seattle proper and why I dislike the Key Arena renovation. I hate the light rail, but to me, it is more viable option for South Sounders and the folks who live in Snohomish County there in the district the City zones out for heavy traffic than the Seattle Center area. But like I said I am heavily bias against anything related to light rail.

I see where you're coming from. Personally I do find the light rail very convenient since I hate driving anywhere in this city. I either walk, uber or use the light rail to get to 90% of the places I'm going. Only time I ever drive is if I'm going to Bellevue or Redmond, even then I dread it in this city. The reason I pay a fortune to live downtown is because the idea of having to wake up an hour before work and sit in traffic every day sounds about as enjoyable as having an icepick inserted into my urethra.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The unfortunate thing is we didn't clear much salary and didn't get much in return. If you're right that it was either this or DFAing him, then I suppose it's a win.

Yea i really dont think they could have done better honestly. I mean I'm all for being critical of Dipoto but this one I dont think there was much to be done.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea i really dont think they could have done better honestly. I mean I'm all for being critical of Dipoto but this one I dont think there was much to be done.

I think you're right. I argued for giving Bruce ABs simply to increase his trade value and if I recall correctly I think we differentiated on the ability to move him.

On the bright side if you take the perspective that it was either this deal or DFAing him, it's a win.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right. I argued for giving Bruce ABs simply to increase his trade value and if I recall correctly I think we differentiated on the ability to move him.

On the bright side if you take the perspective that it was either this deal or DFAing him, it's a win.

I think the hope is the rest of the guys we should be able to do a little better on. Encarnicion, Beckham, Leake, Possibly Gordon, or whoever else. I think Bruce was always gonna be the tougher one due to money owed, age and lack of versatility. Encarnicion at least I think is only signed on for this year so should be easier.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HR's are nice, but man does not live by the Home Run alone. Hope to see some base knocks and moving the runners along also. :nod:

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team doesn't deserve its fans.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where you're coming from. Personally I do find the light rail very convenient since I hate driving anywhere in this city. I either walk, uber or use the light rail to get to 90% of the places I'm going. Only time I ever drive is if I'm going to Bellevue or Redmond, even then I dread it in this city. The reason I pay a fortune to live downtown is because the idea of having to wake up an hour before work and sit in traffic every day sounds about as enjoyable as having an icepick inserted into my urethra.

I hate the light rail for political reasons. I was forced by gerrymandering into the RTA and there are no tracks in my city and ST2 promised there would be by now but now it’s 2040. We do have a rail station in the next city but their parking rivals Seattle, my sister in law lives right down the road and has to show up at 5 am, 4 hours before her shift in Seattle starts just to park. As well as I am old school and I like traveling, including flying, where I am in control not either having no bathrooms or on planes where the restroom is always full. Plus living in the area the Seattle freeze is legit and I hate that uncomfortable scenario.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regard to Goldsmith, he has the voice, just that his personality sucks.
Not really fan of his personality.

To be fair, at least IMO, outside of Rizz since he has been there, every broadcaster is going to suck to us because Dave rivaled Scully in terms of a broadcaster, though Scully gets the nod because he did color and play by play.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its something. I mean I was thinking they just would end up DFAing him. Yea on the surface this looks poor but 2019 was just gonna be a bunch of moves like this. clearing salary and not much return.

After reading up on it, it really doesn’t make sense that they didn’t just DFA him. Generally in baseball, the more of the contract you eat the higher prospect you get back. The ate nearly the whole thing and got back a dude who’s ceiling is a journeyman AAA player? Can’t blame Jerry because it isn’t an ideal situation but it just seems like a hard sell that he told Stanton and Co. that they are going to write a check that big for a scrub prospect. I guess it’s nitpicking but it just seems DFA’ing him and eating it than saving 3 million and a trade for nothing. Couldn’t have at least got a scrub bullpen arm that they could at least use this year or next?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp.... at least this team make it easier for some to turn them off by continuing to play puke baseball in the 1st inning.

Their 12-36 stretch after starting 13-2 is the worst 48 game stretch ever.

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp.... at least this team make it easier for some to turn them off by continuing to play puke baseball in the 1st inning.

Their 12-36 stretch after starting 13-2 is the worst 48 game stretch ever.

I missed the last loss. Lost it in tbe 9th.

Looking at losing 90 games this year from some of the numbers posters crunched above.

I'll watch other teams on my MLB TV, but will tune into to the M's for an inning or two.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately that's the only ranking I could find of him in the top 30. I'd assume for the Mariners he would probably be ranked a bit outside the Mariners top 30 or right on the cusp.

I didn't expect much for Bruce, but I would've expected a better prospect return with the Mariners eating so much of his contract. I would've expected if the Phillies ate half of his remaining $21m, the Mariners would receive a guy of this caliber in return.

Hopefully this was just the result of taking the best deal we could get for Bruce. Phillies definitely won this trade because even if Bruce stops hitting the ball out of the park, they're only on the hook for $3m.

100% agree!
This was a straight up take what ever you can get and eat more money!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the last loss. Lost it in tbe 9th.

Looking at losing 90 games this year from some of the numbers posters crunched above.

I'll watch other teams on my MLB TV, but will tune into to the M's for an inning or two.

Which loss was that? There's too many to count recently. But their last 3 losses has been pretty much in the early innings.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know where the thread (or list) showing the number of Mariner wins some of us predicted for this season? I remembered seeing it recently but can't remember where I saw it or where it was posted.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know where the thread (or list) showing the number of Mariner wins some of us predicted for this season? I remembered seeing it recently but can't remember where I saw it or where it was posted.
This team can't pitch for shit

I just want to make it clear my prediction of 162 game is a spread over 5-6 seasons. :hope:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERYONE... If you haven't already... you need to watch this.

I watched it for the first time just now and HOLY FK...................... I'm stunned.