• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Priority of keeping up with the M's and their games has dropped off. Too much crap going on with Dipoto/Servais and ownership. This organization is, and has been, snake bit and looks like it's going to continue this way for some time. Sad because Seattle probably has/had one of the best fan bases in MLB. Hard core fans are dropping like flies the last few years. Fool us once, shame on you....fool us over and over again, year after year? That's on us. I wonder if there is a 12 step program for disenfranchised Mariner's fans?? :pound:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Dipoto just gonna say it’s a rebuild year so Servais is safe no matter what ? Also, what about the owners, are they just gonna accept a total shit season without any consequences ? I’m sorry but this all starts at the top, bad owners bad team..

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really being a bandwagon fan when you've followed this team every single year since it first came into being, followed it through near two decades of futility before they finally got a manager and put together some fun, only then to entirely ride off the coattails of that small run for nearly another 20 years? At what point are good fans simply tired of not even sniffing the playoffs for what feels now should be at LEAST 20 years without an appearance? Or the politics of obstructing the return of the NBA for very dumb reasons. How much are we expected to endure before we don't have to be insulted for being less interested in the endless cycle of disappointment?

This team won't make a playoff under Dipoto. That seems painfully obvious. Due in no small part to his completely incompetent manager. Servais is entirely his fault.

Completely agreed.

I don't understand why I see so many fans across all sports bitch about someone being a "bad fan" or a "band wagoner" for being "negative," when in reality most of the "negativity" is mostly constructive criticism.

I've said this numerous times, but I feel like one of the great things that sports forums give us is an opportunity to express our frustration or happiness with what is going on.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure miss Lou and his hat kicking temper tantrums. Servais just acts like a big baby when he pitches a bitch. We need another Lou on this sinking ship. :L

The least Servais could do is make a huge show every time he disagrees with a call. At least that would provide more entertainment than his perpetual pouting.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Priority of keeping up with the M's and their games has dropped off. Too much crap going on with Dipoto/Servais and ownership. This organization is, and has been, snake bit and looks like it's going to continue this way for some time. Sad because Seattle probably has/had one of the best fan bases in MLB. Hard core fans are dropping like flies the last few years. Fool us once, shame on you....fool us over and over again, year after year? That's on us. I wonder if there is a 12 step program for disenfranchised Mariner's fans?? :pound:

Unfortunately I'll continue to be a hardcore fan forever. I love baseball, I love the Mariners so I'm stuck with this shit show. The Mariners have probably caused me to lose more hair than aging.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Dipoto just gonna say it’s a rebuild year so Servais is safe no matter what ? Also, what about the owners, are they just gonna accept a total shit season without any consequences ? I’m sorry but this all starts at the top, bad owners bad team..

It's a good question. I think someone needs to fall on the sword and if it's really a rebuild, that should also start with the manager. I think Dipoto is safe through at least mid-2020, but even if his rebuild plan works out, I really, really, really hope that Servais won't be the manager.

Even if the plan works out and the Mariners by some miracle have a playoff contending roster by 2021, Servais would be a huge liability. He hasn't had a roster capable of realistically contending, but that's not an excuse since to me it seems he has only hurt things.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I know it's a holiday but there sure are a lot of empty seats in the pink stadium today. Oh wait, maybe it's not just the holiday.....maybe it's because this team sucks and nobody wants to pay outrageous prices to be part of and to watch a shit show managed by a ###### manager under a ###### GM and a team owned by ###### owners?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so Mariners. They get two walks with one out and they can't even move them up 1 measly base and leave them sitting on first and second. Go Mariners!! :L

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think back in 2010 on CBS I made a somewhat hyperbolic thread asking if the Mariners would make the playoffs this decade. I was only being partially serious because what were the odds of not making the playoffs for another ten years? Unfortunately I now have my answer.

We've watched some bad teams over the years finally get out of their own way and put some good teams on the field. Tampa went to the WS and look good again, The Marlins have 2 WS in the bank, Astros on top and KC put a team on the map for a season yet this franchise continues to shit their pants even when they have a good team.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogie has some AWESOME power!!! Upper deck right field. Absolutely amazing. The dude has one hell of a swing!!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really being a bandwagon fan when you've followed this team every single year since it first came into being, followed it through near two decades of futility before they finally got a manager and put together some fun, only then to entirely ride off the coattails of that small run for nearly another 20 years? At what point are good fans simply tired of not even sniffing the playoffs for what feels now should be at LEAST 20 years without an appearance? Or the politics of obstructing the return of the NBA for very dumb reasons. How much are we expected to endure before we don't have to be insulted for being less interested in the endless cycle of disappointment?

This team won't make a playoff under Dipoto. That seems painfully obvious. Due in no small part to his completely incompetent manager. Servais is entirely his fault.

Agree with all of your points outside of the Mariners obstructing the Arena. Paul Allen and the Seahawks and by association the Sounders were too. Just the Mariners suck so they got all the heat for opposing the arena in the Stadium District.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure miss Lou and his hat kicking temper tantrums. Servais just acts like a big baby when he pitches a bitch. We need another Lou on this sinking ship. :L

This is where I really dislike Servais’ approach. He is either too happy go lucky or a condescending prick about it...at least publicly. Show passion, being a manager in baseball today is 99% massaging ego’s and 1% game management. Even though the game management is already laid out for you by all the analytics and scouting and somehow he still screws that up (though the lack of a pitching staff hurts)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agreed.

I don't understand why I see so many fans across all sports bitch about someone being a "bad fan" or a "band wagoner" for being "negative," when in reality most of the "negativity" is mostly constructive criticism.

I've said this numerous times, but I feel like one of the great things that sports forums give us is an opportunity to express our frustration or happiness with what is going on.

The term bandwagon fan especially in an area like ours is just dumb. It’s a melting pot of people from all over the country and is one of the actually smallest markets in sports if you actually take into account people who live in Seattle proper.

Not counting the fact that Mariners fans have been beaten down by the lack of direction. I will never fault anyone for not going to a game or not being interested in a crap product. The Mariners through this 18 year funk still have put up respectable TV numbers locally and I am one of those who prefer to stay home and watch the game than drop a couple hundred bucks and deal with traffic. The only time I think someone or fan base can be criticized is where the team is really good and can’t fill half the stadium (Rays and A’s) or how Indians fans pissed me off when the stadium was at most half full when they were going for the most consecutive win record.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-0, Time to watch America's Got Talent....cuz I sure don't see any talent coming from the M's in this poo poo show.....except some awesome defense from the Seagman.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops...these guys just picked up a couple runs. Go Mariners. :pound:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to your regular ass whooping!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a mindset in the locker room where pretty much everyone in the bullpen will be out of a job, all the older vets 30+ years of age are there to keep the seat warm for the prospects they will eventually bring up to replace them, and the young players we have brought up are just trying to get some experience.

This team lost the desire to win young players are trying to secure their spot in the big league because they dont want to go back to the minors and vets are playing to help their resume for the next team.

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post.

I watch about 2 innings per game and the do things more constructive.

I don't care if the win or lose anymore.

I have no emotion and basically no interest in the M's. Just watching a little to watch the game of baseball.