• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sad they blew this one. Elias is getting back to his old shituff. I guess I won't be surprised if LA kicks our asses too. Servais' post game by itself is enough to depress any M's fan. Talk about a ho-hum attitude. I'm sorry, but I just can't stand Servais as a manager- he just doesn't have what it takes (whatever that is)...period.
Honestly, I dont even bother with his press conference over the past 2 seasons. It's the same shit being regurgitated, after they eat it again day in and day out. Disgusting talking about vomits I know, but this is the state of this team and its manager.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well phuk, Seager just didn't have it this time. Not sure how much his hitting has improved, but I guess it's too early to tell.:noidea:

Well hell, at least we didn't get swept by the Rangers. :pound:

Sample size for Seager is at least 20 games imo... He didn't have much of a Spring Training due to his injury so it will take a bit to get his timing back...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sad they blew this one. Elias is getting back to his old shituff. I guess I won't be surprised if LA kicks our asses too. Servais' post game by itself is enough to depress any M's fan. Talk about a ho-hum attitude. I'm sorry, but I just can't stand Servais as a manager- he just doesn't have what it takes (whatever that is)...period.

I wish our manager was as honest as Jim Mora... "Playoffs? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!"

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly cannot fathom how Santana can be so bad. I never played the COF but it seems like RF and LF can’t be that much of a difference just reverse on the spin of the ball.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Mallex is one FAST dude no doubt. We have a couple guys that I have been impressed with. Vogey is one of them and I'm so damn glad he finally has been able to produce at this level.

Same. I'm rooting really hard for him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sample size for Seager is at least 20 games imo... He didn't have much of a Spring Training due to his injury so it will take a bit to get his timing back...

I actually have a lot of optimism regarding Seager after reading how much effort he put in this offseason to his conditioning. He got really bulky the past few seasons and by his account he shed all the bad weight and still retained the same level of strength.

The shift will always be an issue for him, but hopefully all the work he put in pays off. At the very least he should be a better base runner and defender. His defense fell off a bit when he started bulking up.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they not rehab down in AAA?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly cannot fathom how Santana can be so bad. I never played the COF but it seems like RF and LF can’t be that much of a difference just reverse on the spin of the ball.

I wish I had an answer because it really confuses me as well. The only explanation that I can muster is that he's used to taking different routes to the ball after playing his entire career in right field. It could be a mental thing with him and hopefully the staff is getting him a lot of practice reps at LF. I have to assume that once he develops the muscle memory playing in LF (don't really have a better term for it), things will improve.

The irony of him playing poorly in left field is that it takes the least amount of talent out of all of the outfield positions.

On the bright side his performance at the plate somewhat offsets his poor defense.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For as bad as things appear, Cano and Diaz have a combined 0 Fwar right now. IF not for this trade that netted us a solid prospect in Kelenic, the current disaster would seem even worse. Cano probably has one solid year left and Diaz in all likelihood peaked last year and will have fluctuating years.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I had an answer because it really confuses me as well. The only explanation that I can muster is that he's used to taking different routes to the ball after playing his entire career in right field. It could be a mental thing with him and hopefully the staff is getting him a lot of practice reps at LF. I have to assume that once he develops the muscle memory playing in LF (don't really have a better term for it), things will improve.

The irony of him playing poorly in left field is that it takes the least amount of talent out of all of the outfield positions.

On the bright side his performance at the plate somewhat offsets his poor defense.

Well there coaches don’t seem to be either doing their job or getting it through to him I don’t know.

I will semi disagree with the part of the LF. In most ballparks, LF is easier but Safeco was built for Jr. and Edgar so RF is actually suppose to be easier position. I just remember that was one of the discussions when Ichiro arrived in Seattle was that he was way too good of a fielder and way too good of an arm to play RF at Safeco or now the Pink.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kikuchi having a pretty rough start to the game with the Angels. Walked first two batters, gave up a hit and 1 run before he finally gets an out. :L

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure a hell of a lot of empty seats at the pink panther tonight. Can't remember a time when it looked so empty. I'm sure this isn't the worse turnout but looks bad seeing so many empty spots. :nod:

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure a hell of a lot of empty seats at the pink panther tonight. Can't remember a time when it looked so empty. I'm sure this isn't the worse turnout but looks bad seeing so many empty spots. :nod:
Just wait til later in the season...we might set some new record lows.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New York based consulting firm Brand Keys ranks Mariners dead last among 30 major-league teams in its annual Sports Fan Loyalty Index, continuing a drop that started for the Mariners in the survey in the last decade.

Gee, I wonder why?? :suds:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Mariners Attendance, Stadiums, and Park Factors
Team Name: Seattle Mariners

Seasons: 43 (1977 to 2019)

Record: 3175-3562, .471 W-L%

Playoff Appearances: 4

Pennants: 0

World Championships: 0

Winningest Manager: Lou Piniella, 840-711, .542 W-L%

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New York based consulting firm Brand Keys ranks Mariners dead last among 30 major-league teams in its annual Sports Fan Loyalty Index, continuing a drop that started for the Mariners in the survey in the last decade.

Gee, I wonder why?? :suds:

It's what the organization deserves.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, Servais is not honest.

He's full of shite, but lately he's been more
Straight-forward about the defense

Hey man, don't pussy foot around it, say it!

He's shit! This team is shit! This franchise is shit!

Com on say it with me : " It's all Shit!"