• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lower the beer prices so we can at least enjoy something at the park

I always just get drunk at the nearby bars/breweries to save money.

I'm going to resist the urge to start a long rant that I've done many times before regarding ticket and concession prices when the team sucks. I mean for fucks sake it's simply supply and demand and the Mariners probably aren't even near equilibrium and could increase profits if they simply lowered prices a bit. Bobbleheads and other worthless promotions aren't going to get me into the stadium.

8th highest ticket prices and the concessions are probably even higher by MLB average.

Maybe I'm just a lazy fuck but I don't want to have to carry around a bobblehead or some shit for the entire night and to the bars after I leave the stadium. Mostly because I know I'd end up losing it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly feel Servais is keeping the seat warm until they can talk Ichiro into taken the job!

Obviously I'd never want Ichiro as the manager, but in all seriousness he could probably do a better job. I read some article about him knowing every detail about everything and at least he'd know how to make decent decisions with the bullpen.

I don't know why it sticks out in my mind and I could be misremembering, but I remember there was a stretch a year or two ago in which he had Edwin Diaz pitch four straight days. I don't know how uncommon that is, but on the fourth appearance he blew the save which I'd assume was due to fatigue.

It's stupid decisions like that which make me hate him. That and his likely press conference that said "Edwin could have done better. It was not his best night." It's as if he has zero self awareness and can't take responsibility for the fact that his decision likely contributed to the fact that Diaz didn't pitch well.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's stupid decisions like that which make me hate him. That and his likely press conference that said "Edwin could have done better. It was not his best night." It's as if he has zero self awareness and can't take responsibility for the fact that his decision likely contributed to the fact that Diaz didn't pitch well.

You're preaching to the choir. :nod: He's got no business being an MLB manager and Dipoto hired him. Maybe Dip hired him because he knew Scotty would kiss it :kissass: every time he bent over and wouldn't give him any shit like what happened with the Angels and Mike S.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swept by the Rangers? Look on the bright side...we can't go any lower in our division because we're already at the bottom. Can't wait to hear what Servais has to say in post game. What kind of shit will he throw around this time? :L

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK??????

Can't a guy dream!

What's next you going to tell me that hot chick at the boobie coffee I stop at every morning calls everyone "love" and I'm only dreaming she wants to be with me?

You probably have a better shot with her than the Mariners have of making the World Series in the next 10 years.

Roll up with your big ass kids and she'll be begging for you to give her a child.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swept by the Rangers. Nice.

Question is, this is supposed to be a "rebuilding" year. Do they fire Servais mid-season?

Doubt it. But I want them to.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Question is, this is supposed to be a "rebuilding" year. Do they fire Servais mid-season?

If Dipoto wants to keep his job he better start considering it ... At some point he has to realize it's not working with Servais, seems like a good guy, but this team quits on him, he's not reaching them, and his strategies have been questionable ....

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever you think it cant get more Mariner, the team promptly gets shut down by Adrian Sampson and Shaun Kelley.

So just remember it can always and will always get more Mariner. There is no floor

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're probably better off letting him contribute to us tanking and hire someone in the offseason.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad the Mariners didn't give up a TD and a couple of FGs today.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK??????

Can't a guy dream!

What's next you going to tell me that hot chick at the boobie coffee I stop at every morning calls everyone "love" and I'm only dreaming she wants to be with me?

Unfortunately as fans we are just going to have to accept that Servais will be managing this team until at least 2021. No way is Jerry going to fire his BFF. Jerry doesn’t like to admit when he has screwed up either and hiring a dude who truly didn’t have a resume to get an interview for a managerial position would be admitting a massive fault.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Servais isn't going anywhere as long as Dip is the GM. Only way Servais leaves is if Dip gets shit canned. If Dip got canned, I absolutely couldn't see any GM keeping Servais as the manager. As long as we have Dip you can be certain Servais will be around too. BUT, I could see Dip throwing Scotty under the bus if it came down to it. That's what narcissists do.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Servais isn't going anywhere as long as Dip is the GM. Only way Servais leaves is if Dip gets shit canned. If Dip got canned, I absolutely couldn't see any GM keeping Servais as the manager. As long as we have Dip you can be certain Servais will be around too. BUT, I could see Dip throwing Scotty under the bus if it came down to it. That's what narcissists do.

But that would mean Stanton would have to intervene. That doesn’t seem to big his MO as he refused to open the pocket book up for Verlander and was open to a rebuild. No way can an owner agree to a rebuild then fire his manager for losing. Stanton was still vocal in his minority ownership role and he didn’t fire McClendon when he was directly responsible for the Mariners continuing their playoff drought. Hell Servais could’ve managed that team into the play in game.