• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Mariners 2019 Season Thread

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M's should just fire there entire pitching staff and put a pitching machine out there every night, I think we would do better ...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last place Mariners are showing Texas just why we're in last place. 5-0 Texas after the 1st inning?? Sad, just so sad. :L :L :L Go Mariners...I don't care where, if you're not gonna at least try, just GO

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team is well on its way to securing cellar status

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to worry....there are still 5 teams in the AL with a worse record than the Mariners. :clap:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its time to come up with a list of possible new GM's and managers they might bring with them!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its time to come up with a list of possible new GM's and managers they might bring with them!

Unfortunately we all knew this was how the season would go. I think as a result of the team rebuilding, the Mariners will give Dipoto another year before they replace him. His "rebuild" plan was blatantly framed in the terms of building a team that can contend in late 2020/2021. If the younger players start showing promise in late 2020, he could be the GM at the beginning of 2021. If Dipoto has any testicular fortitude he'll replace Servais with someone who knows what he's doing.

I know most of those on here want to see Dipoto hang from the Space Needle, but realistically I think he gets at least one more offseason.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately we all knew this was how the season would go. I think as a result of the team rebuilding, the Mariners will give Dipoto another year before they replace him. His "rebuild" plan was blatantly framed in the terms of building a team that can contend in late 2020/2021. If the younger players start showing promise in late 2020, he could be the GM at the beginning of 2021. If Dipoto has any testicular fortitude he'll replace Servais with someone who knows what he's doing.

I know most of those on here want to see Dipoto hang from the Space Needle, but realistically I think he gets at least one more offseason.

I agree and I believe Servais is cut free after the season.
I think ownership will ask the question : " how the hell do you start a season like you did and tank after that?"
Servais managerial skills will be brought up and he will be the scape goat for lack of ticket sales

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to worry....there are still 5 teams in the AL with a worse record than the Mariners. :clap:

On the bright side, with the way the team is cratering we could have a better draft pick than I expected!

Sad fact that this is what I have to find optimism in. Sucks that this team hasn't made the playoffs since before I hit puberty.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ownership will ask the question : " how the hell do you start a season like you did and tank after that?"
Servais managerial skills will be brought up and he will be the scape goat for lack of ticket sales

If ownership has any common sense (lol), they would've known the odds of the team even coming close to sniffing the playoffs this year were about as slim as Felix's odds of winning the Cy Young.

You're probably right on Servais. Hopefully he will be used as a scapegoat. Even if this "rebuild" goes even better than Dipoto's wildest dreams and we're somehow competing in the second half of 2020, I don't want any reason to keep Servais as the manager. He's the type of manager that needs an incredible team to offset his stupid decisions.

I just don't understand why Servais was made the manager in the first place. I don't know what makes a successful manager, but I don't think it's a guy who had no managerial experience and was a former front office guy.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Healy and Gordon heading to IR...........

:L

I don't know why Gordon wasn't put on the IL in the first place. He took a nasty pitch off his hand and they just gave him a few days off just because his x-ray was negative. Since he started playing again, he's had an awful time at the plate. Just because something isn't broken doesn't mean it doesn't hurt and debilitate his ability to swing the bat.

Another example of Servais making great decisions.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why Gordon wasn't put on the IL in the first place. He took a nasty pitch off his hand and they just gave him a few days off just because his x-ray was negative. Since he started playing again, he's had an awful time at the plate. Just because something isn't broken doesn't mean it doesn't hurt and debilitate his ability to swing the bat.

Another example of Servais making great decisions.

I think part of it is they just literally dont have anyone else on the 40 man so the guys that are banged up have to keep playing. For example I dont think Leblanc was probably fully recovered enough to start last weekend but since they dont even have 5 guys with him right now, he had to start. Cupboard is just very bare with options.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can only hope :thumb: I just wish we didn't have to wait through this whole season. I can't imagine Dip tanking his BFF Scott though. The fact Dipoto hired him as manager in the first place never made sense to me half way through the 1st season and because he's kept him on and even gave him a contract extension makes me question Dipoto's ability as a GM. I'd like to see them both go and the franchise be sold to investors who truly want Seattle to have a winning team and not just keep giving the fans lip service about wanting a winning team. 4 years in and finally a "shitty" rebuild attempt? Go figure :L

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly feel Servais is keeping the seat warm until they can talk Ichiro into taken the job!

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when they renamed the ballpark to T-Mobile, they should have considered other modifications that could have been made for the convenience of people who go to those games.

I'd start with the seats. Mostly because they face the field.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when they renamed the ballpark to T-Mobile, they should have considered other modifications that could have been made for the convenience of people who go to those games.

I'd start with the seats. Mostly because they face the field.
Should sell that big screen to anyone who wants to buy it. Bigger is certainly not better in this case for those at the game.