• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I am hearing from someone I trust that Winston was banging this chick for a while and when his real girlfriend came into town he told her to get lost for a little while, she freaked and claimed r*pe.

Evidently the roommate and another friend are collaborating on this story and Winston might have talked the victim out of pressing charges.

Of course this just could be his defense and what he is trying to get out there but if he can get enough witnesses out there to collaborate on this he has a decent shot of this going away. One sign that I see this maybe true is that State Attorney has stated he isn't going to take this to a grand jury and they very well maybe because the victim isn't interested in testifying.

Is this the truth? No idea but it sounds plausible and and at least is a different take we haven't heard.

I've read the same thing BEFORE the DNA evidence came out yesterday. They knew each other before hand and had a sexual relationship. Then his girlfriend comes into town and this happens. It kind of plays into why she didn't identify him at first. She wanted to do it to blackmail him to get him to break up with his current GF to go out with her and when he didn't she then identified him.

I will say that I am biased and hope Winston isn't guilty, so I'll probably believe things that fit that, but nothing I have seen shows me and evidence that there was an actual sexual assualt.

I also take issue with the fact that the DNA evidence was leaked, but nothing else. To me, that shows that someone has an agenda.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read the same thing BEFORE the DNA evidence came out yesterday. They knew each other before hand and had a sexual relationship. Then his girlfriend comes into town and this happens. It kind of plays into why she didn't identify him at first. She wanted to do it to blackmail him to get him to break up with his current GF to go out with her and when he didn't she then identified him.

I will say that I am biased and hope Winston isn't guilty, so I'll probably believe things that fit that, but nothing I have seen shows me and evidence that there was an actual sexual assualt.

I also take issue with the fact that the DNA evidence was leaked, but nothing else. To me, that shows that someone has an agenda.

Gets more crazy every day

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that this was during the off season and not during the season. That's a big difference. He never suspended him from a game.

He suspended him from three games slick.

You are wrong as well.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I am hearing from someone I trust that Winston was banging this chick for a while and when his real girlfriend came into town he told her to get lost for a little while, she freaked and claimed r*pe.

Evidently the roommate and another friend are collaborating on this story and Winston might have talked the victim out of pressing charges.

Of course this just could be his defense and what he is trying to get out there but if he can get enough witnesses out there to collaborate on this he has a decent shot of this going away. One sign that I see this maybe true is that State Attorney has stated he isn't going to take this to a grand jury and they very well maybe because the victim isn't interested in testifying.

Is this the truth? No idea but it sounds plausible and and at least is a different take we haven't heard.

I've heard this as well... That said I'm giving neither the benefit of the doubt until more info comes out...

This whole situation just... sucks...

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He suspended him three games "for conduct not representative of this football program or this university."

Not because he was under investigation. Therefore, you are wrong implying that the suspension was because he was under investigation.

Ohio State's Carlos Hyde suspended at least three games - ESPN

Please show me where Winston has done any of that.
He was suspended for putting himself in that situation. Meyer expects the players to not just keep from getting charges but also from doing things that can get them looked at for anything. So he was right, being under investigation at all was what was "not representative" so he was suspended.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Willie Meggs is not coming to a decision today. At least according to the Tampa Bay Times.

Now will be made before Thanksgiving. Old fart either shit or get off the pot. My BP and heart cannot take the constant wondering.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was suspended for putting himself in that situation. Meyer expects the players to not just keep from getting charges but also from doing things that can get them looked at for anything. So he was right, being under investigation at all was what was "not representative" so he was suspended.

No, putting himself in that situation was what I would think is "not representative". He put himself in that situation, the investigation just put it into the media and Meyer was already being called out for lack of disciplining his player that got into trouble. There was a video that came out with this that made Hyde look bad, whether it was conclusive or not and witnesses that also made him look bad (yes there were some that also said that he didn't hit her), but the fact that he took a swing at the girl just looks bad in general.

There is a difference between that case and this. There was evidence that made Hyde look bad/did something wrong regardless if he actually hit the girl. He intended to and tried to hit her (at least that's how it looks). There isn't much that shows Winston did anything wrong (besides possibly cheating on his GF). The DNA on the girls underwear just means that they had sex.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Willie Meggs is not coming to a decision today. At least according to the Tampa Bay Times.

Now will be made before Thanksgiving. Old fart either shit or get off the pot. My BP and heart cannot take the constant wondering.

So, he's going to make a decision before Thanksgiving?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I'm on edge waiting for this shit storm to be finished one way or the other... can't imagine how you FSU guys are doing...

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that he doesnt expect this case to come to a jury.

Unless there is something new out he said he doesn't plan to bring the case before a grand jury... a lot different than not bringing it to a jury...

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. So we will know on Wednesday at the latest.

Damnit. That sucks. I know they need to do this right, but it just sucks having to wait. I wish they would've leaked the r*pe kit report taken at the hospital also so I would have a better idea of what to expect. Yes, I know two wrongs don't make a right, and I'm still pissed that the DNA test is the only thing that has leaked.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that he doesnt expect this case to come to a jury.

No he said he would not bring it before a Grand Jury to get an indictment. He is going to decide to charge or not after he and his staff review the evidence. Big difference between going to a jury which indicates a trial and Grand Jury to receive an indictment.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there is something new out he said he doesn't plan to bring the case before a grand jury... a lot different than not bringing it to a jury...

Yep, one is to decide if they press charges. The other is when charges have actually been pressed.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that this thing goes nowhere. How can a guy be charged when the alleged crime wasn't reported for a month; especially when it is known that Winston had been with her several times prior to that day. Let's assume the worst for the purpose of this investigation. Given my second sentence; really don't see how any grand jury would indict. Sometimes being a celebrity is a problem and people are targeted.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to WCTV in Tallahassee a 2nd person has given a DNA sample to be tested. Sounds like there is another person. Also their is a 3rd witness to the alleged attack. THis must be why they are not making a decision today.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that this thing goes nowhere. How can a guy be charged when the alleged crime wasn't reported for a month; especially when it is known that Winston had been with her several times prior to that day. Let's assume the worst for the purpose of this investigation. Given my second sentence; really don't see how any grand jury would indict. Sometimes being a celebrity is a problem and people are targeted.

It was reported right away. He wasn't named for a month.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to WCTV in Tallahassee a 2nd person has given a DNA sample to be tested. Sounds like there is another person. Also their is a 3rd witness to the alleged attack. THis must be why they are not making a decision today.

Interesting. Do we know what the third witness is saying?