• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will make it throught the ACC title game. there is way too much time between that and the playoff for him not to fuck up or flunk out of school

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negligent homicide by Brian Kelly?

the entire program deserves punishment. that was one of the dumbest tragedies in recent memory. common sense and ftball programs just don't go together

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will make it throught the ACC title game. there is way too much time between that and the playoff for him not to fuck up or flunk out of school

Doubt he flunks out. Carries a 3.4 GPA. Doing something stupid and/or childish is another matter.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based upon that answer, I am sure Declan Sullivan's family appreciates your lack of sympathy.
I'm sorry - did I mention Declan Sullivan? Oh wait -t hat was you.

Yest - that was you who chose to exploit the tragic death of a young man . . to make points on a sports chat bulletin board.

I'm sure everyone you know is proud of you.

But hey - exploiting other for personal (or institutional) gain places you squarely in the company of both Tom Osbourne and Florida State University. Yup - I'd be proud too.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Lawrence Phillips was (and I am sure remains) a huge steaming pile of shit of a human being. And no, not every team has those guys. And what always made me ill, was that Tom Osbourne went way out of his way to make sure that Phillips was available for a bowl game when where Phillips really belonged was in jail. I have never had an respect for Tom Osbourne since and never will.

Depends. Is tom Osbourne a video technician?

Obs. Winston. He's a douche and college football will be better when he is gone. But I still don't think that will happen before the end of the season because FSU has demonstrated that football matters more than decency or academics. Way to go, Seminoles.

Yest - that was you who chose to exploit the tragic death of a young man . . to make points on a sports chat bulletin board.

But hey - exploiting other for personal (or institutional) gain places you squarely in the company of both Tom Osbourne and Florida State University. Yup - I'd be proud too.

Now, what exactly did you say on this here sports forum? You bring up Tom Osborne, then you bring up wanting to kill him.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The last paragraph fits ND too. They forced people out of their homes about 8 yes ago all so the institution could expand. They gave low ball offers for people's homes. People that did not take it saw their property taxes quadruple which meant they could no longer afford their homes. Then ND came in and scooped them up for nothing from the banks. I know 3 people that it happened to. All lived in the Eddy Street, Twyckenham, and Angela. That is where ND bought everything up.

No university is above what you condemn others for.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, what exactly did you say on this here sports forum? You bring up Tom Osborne, then you bring up wanting to kill him.
Perhaps you should read that again. Seriously. (and you were the one who brought up Tom Osbourne, btw.)

But this (as you pointed out) is a thread about something else. so perhaps it is best to talk about Jamies Winston here. Your call, I suppose.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last paragraph fits ND too. They forced people out of their homes about 8 yes ago all so the institution could expand. They gave low ball offers for people's homes. People that did not take it saw their property taxes quadruple which meant they could no longer afford their homes. Then ND came in and scooped them up for nothing from the banks. I know 3 people that it happened to. All lived in the Eddy Street, Twyckenham, and Angela. That is where ND bought everything up.

No university is above what you condemn others for.
There are many things that Notre Dame does that I neither support nor condone. Oddly enough, nothng that i have said in this thread (or anywhere on SportsHoopla) would indicate otherwise. Or perhaps you would like to point out where I have indicated that I do support pressuring people out of their homes. I'll wait.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Lawrence Phillips was (and I am sure remains) a huge steaming pile of shit of a human being. And no, not every team has those guys. And what always made me ill, was that Tom Osbourne went way out of his way to make sure that Phillips was available for a bowl game when where Phillips really belonged was in jail. I have never had an respect for Tom Osbourne since and never will.

Notre Dame in 1974 and 1976 (from Deadspin):

There was a woman who in 1974 accused six Notre Dame football players of gang-raping her. She was hospitalized and spent a month in psychiatric care, but that didn’t stop a university administrator from calling her “a queen of the slums with a mattress tied to her back.” There was the 17-year-old St. Mary’s student who in 1976 was raped by three men, two of whom had been accused in the 1974 case. The men were caught in the act. The woman says her resident assistant brought her to a top St. Mary’s official, who informed her one of the men had raped another St. Mary’s student. After that, she tells Henneberger, “I was told to shut up and mind my own business.”

Show me the post where I say Tom Osborne before you say it. Go ahead. Do it.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame in 1974 and 1976 (from Deadspin): (story omitted)
You will never hear me condone such actions. Even if it means condemning my own alma mater. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

Show me the post where I say Tom Osborne before you say it. Go ahead. Do it.
Okay.

I want to make this clear, Phillips was suspended for six games. In hindsight, it should have been forever, which it was originally but then he was reinstated under the usual guise of keeping him in the fold to try and straighten him out.
Post #23. You mention Phillips being reinstated. Who reinstated him? You may not have mentioned him by name, but Lawrence Phillips was certainly not reinstated by Harvey the Giant Invisible Rabbit.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will never hear me condone such actions. Even if it means condemning my own alma mater. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

Okay.

Post #23. You mention Phillips being reinstated. Who reinstated him? You may not have mentioned him by name, but Lawrence Phillips was certainly not reinstated by Harvey the Giant Invisible Rabbit.

Uh, I did not bring up Tom Osborne it was about Lawrence Phillips. You are the one that brought up Tom Osborne out of that.

I can do that to, you mentioned invisible. Manti Teo had an internet girlfriend that died.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many things that Notre Dame does that I neither support nor condone. Oddly enough, nothng that i have said in this thread (or anywhere on SportsHoopla) would indicate otherwise. Or perhaps you would like to point out where I have indicated that I do support pressuring people out of their homes. I'll wait.

I did not say you did. Just making the point that universities do what you are speaking of.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mot when miami done with him ;).

But legit I dont see fisher suspending him so yes. Barring injury.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If FSU is smart they'll use this as an opportunity to part ways with him and just bench him. By the time next season comes around there's going to be multiple firings and heavy NCAA sanctions. Why drag it out with this clown?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody is getting a 3.4 but it's not Winston.

And you have proof to back up that assertion correct? Oh wait I forgot. The 3 interviews. Many people are book smart, but lack common sense. He falls into this category.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you have proof to back up that assertion correct? Oh wait I forgot. The 3 interviews. Many people are book smart, but lack common sense. He falls into this category.
Unless Winston is very good at acting, his interviews always expose the fact that he lacks intelligence. Compare him speaking to RGIII some time. RGIII is very intelligent - and it is obvious when he opens his mouth to let words out.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine any good reason not to ditch him. With the other things that have came to light it won't save FSU, but it would at least give them a moral leg to stand on. Plus, from reading his attorney's statements, his legal strategy is gonna be to throw FSU under the bus. Which is incredibly ironic and telling considering the lengths FSU has gone to in defense of Winston. FSU, their students, alumni and fans have sacrificed their reputations for this screw up and he clearly does not feel the need to do the same for them.