• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Fall Camp Thread 2012

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how my twitter feed blows up @ 9:45 P.M. on media days now.

Sean Callahan ‏@Sean_Callahan
Terry Joseph called freshman cornerback Charles Jackson the "Energizer Bunny" in practice. Really likes him. #huskers
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

1m Steven M. Sipple ‏@HuskerExtraSip
Pelini said there were no injuries of note to report. "I wish I had some wood to knock on, but we've been pretty healthy so far," he said.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

6m Brian Rosenthal ‏@HuskerExtraBR
Coach Rick Kaczenski expecting "big things" from DE Joe Carter. "He has to. We told him, it’s non-negotiable. He has to help us this year.”
Retweeted by Josh Harvey

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FABIAN WASHINGTON ‏@FABEWASH31
@HuskerExtraSip I remember 10 years ago this skinny freshman CB playing. #LetFreshmanPlay LOL
View conversation
Reply Retweet Favorite

^^:nod:

2m Steven M. Sipple ‏@HuskerExtraSip
Pelini said there's more competition for positions than at anytime in his five seasons at Nebraska.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries fellas. I got you guys fuckin covered.

Quick hits from Nebraska football’s fifth fall camp practice Wednesday night, the first practice in full pads.

>> Coach Bo Pelini tweaked the depth charts a bit, “mixing and matching” players on certain unit, to gauge the Huskers’ competitiveness and adaptability.
“We’ve already been experimenting, moving guys around, and seeing a lot of different personnel groups,” Pelini said. “Moving guys up and moving guys down. There’s competition at every position, probably more so since anytime I’ve been here”
And: “If you get moved down or you get moved up, whether that’s a permanent change, I don’t know. The truth’s on the film. Everything’s being evaluated.”
Said linebacker Trevor Roach, a No. 2 Mike linebacker who got moved down a spot Wednesday: “People came out today and were flying around. It just gives you that competitive edge. You got to stay level-headed and hit the books.”

>> Secondary coach Terry Joseph spoke highly of true freshman Charles Jackson, working at the No. 2 nickel back spot behind Ciante Evans. Senior Jase Dean is also seeing snaps at nickel. NU hasn’t yet unveiled the dime package in practice, Joseph said.

>> Junior Andrew Green said he talks to his brother, Aaron, every day. Aaron left the NU program in May and transferred to TCU. Said Andrew: “He really likes it. He feels like it’s a good fit.”

>> More on versatility: A number of Husker coaches and players like the multifaceted nature of NU’s backfield, especially with the addition of big backs Mike Marrow and Imani Cross.
“We’ve got big backs who can run,” running backs coach Ron Brown said. “And we’ve recruited to that end. We knew we had smaller, quick backs that could get to the edge and do some thing in the open field. We also knew we were playing in a conference that kind of packs things in and brings the safeties down low.”

>> Right now, Baker Steinkuhler, Thad Randle and Chase Rome are the top defensive tackles, with Kevin Williams, Jay Guy and Kenny Anderson running with the No. 2 units.
Williams, you’ll recall, flashed potential as a true freshman in fall camp last year before tearing up his knee.
“Kevin started off slow and he’s come on the last couple days,” Pelini said.

>> Pelini confirmed 2012 signee Alonzo Moore is academically eligible and will join the team at a later date.

>> The team remains healthy. Corner Mo Seisay returned to practice after rolling an ankle Monday.
“I wish I had some wood to knock on, but we’ve been pretty healthy so far,” Pelini said.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champs en sech

Pass me the Big Red Cool-Aid with a side of dominant offensive line play, please.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Schaefer ‏@mikejschaefer
Ron Brown heaped some nice praise on walk-on King Frazier. Even compared him to this Husker legend: I.M. Hipp - Huskers.com - Nebraska Athletics Official Web Site
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker looks like he's closer to 300 that 290.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ye cant redshirt everyone brasky.. ye will end up like wisky with a class of 8 kids

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cot dammit...........

All everyone really wants to see is Taylor throwing some solid passes..........but they always give us one little clip of him throwing a screen pass

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean shit, for all I know right now Kellogg XIV Jr. is our best option at QB

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it before and I'll say it again.

Huskers look more physical this year than I've seen in a long time.

Also LOL @ 1:17 - 1:21

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
***Pelini said the staff has been experimenting on defense more this fall than it has since he took over in 2008. He said the team is moving guys around to different spots and giving a number of players reps in practice to show what they can do.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe we are finally going to be Champz again :smokin:

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven M. Sipple‏@HuskerExtraSip

One thing that works against Mitchell: Nebraska generally prefers bigger corners, Joseph said, because they're often used in run support.

Steven M. Sipple‏@HuskerExtraSip

Terry Joseph, on sophomore cornerback Josh Mitchell (5-11,155): "If you're gonna be small, you gotta be fast, and he is fast." #Huskers

3h Steven M. Sipple‏@HuskerExtraSip

Blog: Don't forget this guy in #Huskers cornerback picture. Drew unsolicited praise from Terry Joseph ... Joseph likes NU's corner market : Husker Extra

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a guy that size do well at corner.