• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Fall Camp Thread 2012

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Husker Football starts soon!!! Fapfapfap!

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New word is that ARod stole his gf, Ryan developped a drinking problem, was fat and didnt make the 105.. he got mad and left

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude gave an epic interview. It's shocking if work ethic was the issue. The dude made it sound like he was never gonna stop working once he got on campus.

Looking back now, I think he was probably on something.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things I stole from Rivals.........and yes, I don't fucking care if Rivals cares, beings that they stole $100 from me last year..........I'll post my shit anywhere I feel like it.

Monday practice notes:

***Despite rumors about his status with the team, offensive lineman Andrew Rodriguez said he's never been more hungry to get back to football than he is right now, and that he realizes he needs to make the most of his opportunity this fall because he doesn't have much time left in his career.

***Nebraska's players and coaches were all big fans of the night practice session. Not only was it a nice break from the summer heat, it also allowed the team to spend more time in pre-practice meetings and to watch more film of the previous days' practices.

***Defensive coordinator John Papuchis said he was pleased with the depth he has on the defensive line, and that the defensive tackle position has looked good the last few practices. Asked about the status of Todd Peat Jr., Papuchis said he could join the 105 before the start of the fall semester if another player were to get injured, but at this point Papuchis simply said "We'll see."

***Cornerback Mohammed Seisay did not practice with the team on Monday, and was seen walking off the field with a slight limp. Defensive backs coach Terry Joseph said Seisay rolled his ankle during Sunday's practice, and it doesn't appear to be anything serious.

***Offensive coordinator Tim Beck said Cole Pensick was the clear No. 1 center at this point, but the competition at the position was still good. Beck also said Jeremiah Sirles would not see any time at center unless it were some sort of emergency situation.

***Now in the second year of Beck's offense. Beck said Nebraska was light years ahead of where it was at this point last year. Beck said the offense got a lot more done in three days so far than it did last year, and that the mental retention from the players made it feel like going from calculus to addition.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And more............(some related to above post)

*** Junior offensive lineman Andrew Rodriguez, who did not play at the end of last season as he struggled with a sprained foot, says he is as motivated as ever to play football.

Assistant offensive line coach John Garrison said he can tell Rodriguez, working at right tackle along with Jeremiah Sirles, seems to care more now.

"That's an extremely fair comment," Rodriguez said when told that. "I'm just anxious. I'm getting old. Football doesn't last very long for linemen especially so I'm just going to grind whatever I have left for football and just go all out with all I have."

*** Defensive coordinator John Papuchis was asked if the battle for the starting defensive tackle job next to Baker Steinkuhler was basically just between Chase Rome and Thaddeus Randle?

"To a certain extent that's true, but it's too early to rule anybody out," Papuchis said. "Kevin Williams is doing a good job in there as well so I'm not ready to rule anybody out for that other starting spot."

*** Papuchis said he's making sure to hit every defensive position group during his first year at coordinator. "Each day I kind of work with a different group," Papuchis said.

*** Cornerback Mohammed Seisay did not practice. He has an injured ankle and could be out a couple more days.

*** Make sure to keep senior Antonio Bell on your radar in that battle for the starting corner job. Bo Pelini said at Big Ten Media Days that Bell would have been the starter when spring began.

Bell knows it's make-or-break time for him.

"I was just talking that the other day with Damion Stafford, how fast these four years went for me," Bell said. "And now, it's my last fall camp. It's time to lay it all out on the line. I can't come back next year. This is it."

*** As for the night practice? "I think the biggest thing is that they take care of themselves at night, they're going to be able to sleep a little bit," Papuchis said. "Sleep is such a big part of their recovery every day. The fact that we're not as getting them up as early in the morning should help in their recovery."

During the night practices, players don't report to the football offices until 1:45 p.m.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really great to hear that Rodriguez pulled his head out of his ass. :thumb:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night practices sound smart regardless of the weather.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskerz sound like Champz regardless of the haterz

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaley moves from not being on the Fall 105 a year ago to being #1 Will LB this season

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YJULAKLZPVJCZBE.20120807021150.JPG

Can't even recognize Ameer w/out the dreads.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson impresses in linebacker role
Junior-college transfer Zaire Anderson has been a pleasant surprise to linebackers coach Ross Els with at least one element of his game.
Els said Anderson knows how to use his 6-foot-1, 220-pound frame.
“We knew he could run,” Els said. “We knew he was an intelligent kid. But he's probably a little more physical than what we thought he was. He's going to be a tough guy to block.”
Anderson, from Philadelphia, played the last two seasons at Riverside (Calif.) Community College. Anderson made 95 tackles last season, including 19 for losses, and Riverside was 21-1 in his two years as a starter.
Anderson is among those trying to break through at the strongside and weakside spots — where Nebraska has seniors Sean Fisher and Alonzo Whaley — as with Trevor Roach behind Will Compton at middle linebacker. Els said Roach has made huge strides from a year ago.
“As long as he continues to grow like he's doing right now, he'll see some playing time,” Els said. “Last year there was a big difference between Compton and Roach, but Roach is narrowing the gap a little bit, and hopefully we can get him some more reps this fall.”

This is great to hear. All we've heard from Els since he got here is that there's a huge gap between the 1's and everyone else.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beck said the offense got a lot more done in three days so far than it did last year, and that the mental retention from the players made it feel like going from calculus to addition.

They got dumber? :noidea:

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Callahan ‏@Sean_Callahan

Nebraska 2013 DB recruit Alonzo Moore just informed me that he has been academically cleared by the NCAA. #Huskers

:dance:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven M. Sipple ‏@HuskerExtraSip
Mo Seisay's ankle is fine, Huskers DBs coach Terry Joseph says.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

vvvv"players picking up their after practice snacks"

Az0rzTBCUAA6XKm.jpg

Keep an eye on cornerback Josh Mitchell. Has had excellent first five days of practice, #Huskers DBs coach Terry Joseph says.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Brian Christopherson ‏@HuskerExtraBC
Keep an eye on Charles Jackson. Terry Joseph said he's working at the No. 2 nickel behind Ciante Evans. #Huskers
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alonzo Moore cleared academically, Bo Pelini confirms. #Huskers
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reply Retweet Favorite
6m Steven M. Sipple ‏@HuskerExtraSip
Flavor of night is Charles Jackson. #Huskers DBs coach Terry Joseph says true frosh cornerback will see action this season.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Big shocker there.... Most athletically gifted player on the team will burn his redshirt?? Nooooo not like Bo at all.