• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the temp at gametime in Green Bay is -20.

Those SBs were last Millenium.
What have you all done in the last 20 years ?

hang on, let me pick another bandwagon to jump on so that I can be on the same level as you :happy:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

there wouldn't be offsetting PI calls. It would be on one or the other, not both. Only way 3rd is replayed is if it was on offense & the penalty was excepted.

Way to back off your original statement.

I have backed my original statement from the start.
No way they both get called for PI (one or the other)

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assistant fluffer, I didn't have the credits needed for the promotion. Don't matter, still get the bling!

Skol!

Uh, I have to ask...um...Ed "Too Tall" Jones...ahhh...was his, um, "feet" as large as they said they were?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy fans probably shouldn't care and take the win anyway. What fan base should be expected to not?

Fans having different opinions on these isn't new or unexpected.

There is no fix and anyone suggesting it is a fucking whack job. That crew had never worked together so issues should be expected.

Having said that, I don't see how they can throw the flag and then pick it up. If there was a face mask by the Lions receiver THEN CALL IT. What we clearly saw was face guarding and hands making contact with the receiver. CALL IT. If it should have been offsetting then so be it. Refs blew it. But no, I don't expect any Dallas fan to either agree with that or care that I (and most of the country) think that way.
I honestly was surprised they picked up the flag. (also would like to hear their explanation) I already cussed out Hitchens through my TV & was on ok lets hold them to a FG mode

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thread.

Granted I hate the Cowboys. I won't deny that.

But that is a 30+ year hatred.

I sure as shit don't care that you won the game when it comes to the Super Bowl this year. I actually want to see the Cowboys in 2 weeks. And, yes, I believe we will win by double digits on Saturday. I doubt the Cowboys win on Sunday but I don't care who wins, as a Seahawk fan.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even the fact that they picked up the flag. It's about how late they picked up the flag.

Usually when refs pick up the flag, they don't usually announce the penalty to the audience. Usually the flag is thrown, a discussion takes place and then they announced there is no foul on the play.

Pretty much what they did earlier in the game when they picked up the flag for an OPI on Detroit.

You do not announce the call and take it back after. I never seen that happen before

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cowboys fans be like

B6i8YDLCcAAbk2r.jpg:large

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does it, I am really pissed now. I don't mind the continuous trolling because we can troll you easily also and its mostly funny. I don't care about all the name calling. Would you like some you haven't thought of?
I am glad you won in Seattle cause it has been a lot of giggles at all the comments.

But you crossed a line. You brought up the NBA!! Those memories still make us cringe. We are so pissed about losing our NBA team. We still don't watch. You have touched a nerve! Thems fightin words if there ever was any. If you continue to pick at that wound, we shall taunt you some more.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be foolish.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already stated I wasn't talking the wording of the rulebook. if you followed that A. Someone will spin the wording of the rule no matter what rule you were talking about & no matter what side of the debate you were on. I try to avoid that. Also obviously when I say it never happened. I am using my exp. of decades of watching football & nowadays the bazillion Football shows that would highlight such an anomaly.
so if the pct. is 99.9999999999999999999997% accurate. I am cool with say never as that would be more accurate than a DNA test LOL.
Keep in mind this whole thing started with a poster say it "would" offsetting penalties. & I explained to him his example would never be. the ref would choose one or the other. Also in my exp. if both players are getting into it, they usually don't throw a flag or pick it up claiming incidental contact. Again in my exp. never seen a play replayed for offsetting PIs. Again if the defender isn't pushed away far enough where he can recover, means they never really were separated. So if a PI is called the ref would choose one or the other. Even if the offensive guy actually created it, it is still usually called on defense. never heard of it being called on both.
So in the realm of logic & the beginning of this whole conversation. I would be correct in saying this play would never be called on both players. & I stand by those comments.

Way to backpedal. Just give it up. I've seen offsetting PI's, I've seen defensive holding/offensive PI calls offset, ... It happens (more often in college than the NFL). And using your logic, the PI should have stuck because the ref did arbitrarily pick one of the guilty parties and threw the flag. Then they picked it up for god knows what reason. That was a play where both should have been called because they were both blatant, not pussing out and picking up the flag on blatant PI, which ended up costing Detroit a down.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh everyone has heard that before

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does it, I am really pissed now. I don't mind the continuous trolling because we can troll you easily also and its mostly funny. I don't care about all the name calling. Would you like some you haven't thought of?
I am glad you won in Seattle cause it has been a lot of giggles at all the comments.

But you crossed a line. You brought up the NBA!! Those memories still make us cringe. We are so pissed about losing our NBA team. We still don't watch. You have touched a nerve! Thems fightin words if there ever was any. If you continue to pick at that wound, we shall taunt you some more.

Hey, didn't you guys's team move to a Dallas suburb?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to backpedal. Just give it up. I've seen offsetting PI's, I've seen defensive holding/offensive PI calls offset, ... It happens (more often in college than the NFL). And using your logic, the PI should have stuck because the ref did arbitrarily pick one of the guilty parties and threw the flag. Then they picked it up for god knows what reason. That was a play where both should have been called because they were both blatant, not pussing out and picking up the flag on blatant PI, which ended up costing Detroit a down.

I already agreed with you on this LOL
I was never arguing with you on that.
Simply it wouldn't have been offsetting penalties. (one or the other)

Why would I be talking about College Football?