• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll just say that there's at least a couple of people posting in this thread whose attitudes don't seem very consistent.

What cracks me up is there are more Seahawks and Eagles fans crying about the call than Lions fans. In fact, for the most part, Lions fans have been nothing but class, offering congrats and good luck

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your crying about the refs posts to the NBA boards.

Good news for you Cowgirl. Your pain issues may be treatable.

19June2012_Postcard-Vistaprint.jpg

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be really hard in football. You'd have to buy a QB. I don't think a couple of refs could control an outcome with any certainty themselves

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, whats funny is a Seattle fan acting like the one Super Bowl they've won amounts to a license to talk shit about the Boys not choking in the playoffs. Win 4 more Super Bowls and then come talk to me

Sorry sport, but there is no requirement for teams you root for having any type of hardware before talking smack. Really don't give a fuck what you demand of others. I'll be free to speak my mind any fucking way I damned well please.

But do talk more about ancient rings. It makes you feel like you are doing better in the conversation anyway.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry sport, but there is no requirement for teams you root for having any type of hardware before talking smack. Really don't give a fuck what you demand of others. I'll be free to speak my mind any fucking way I damned well please.

But do talk more about ancient rings. It makes you feel like you are doing better in the conversation anyway.

You mad Bro? You're gonna be a whole lot madder in a couple of weeks

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you submit to such trains of thought the dream and inspiration is ripped right out of your stomach.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be really hard in football. You'd have to buy a QB. I don't think a couple of refs could control an outcome with any certainty themselves

You could buy a kicker, or a running back who turns it over. Or a REF who suddenly picks up flags for pass interference or overlooks holding.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could buy a kicker, or a running back who turns it over. Or a REF who suddenly picks up flags for pass interference or overlooks holding.

Then LOL at your cheap fucking owner for never doing so.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face guarding is not a penalty.... grabbing a jersey is not a penalty unless you tug them away from their route... putting two hands on a defender is offensive PI... grabbing a face mask is a penalty... a player on the sidelines not wearing a helmet is not a penalty... Arguing with refs can or cannot be ruled unsportsmanlike conduct but it's a judgement call by the refs.

Anything else?

That wasn't face guarding. The whole thing with face guarding is you aren't making contact. He had his arms on him when he went up for the ball. Now you're saying that wasn't PI? Just admit it, you caught a huge break on that play.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive pass interference is when the offensive player pushes off of a defender while the ball is in the air in order to make a catch. Defensive pass interference is when contact is made with the offensive player while the ball is in the air. They can not be called on the same play on the same two players. Once the offensive player pushes off he cannot make a legal catch, therfore pass interference on the defense is moot. Similarly if the defender makes contact THEN the offensive player pushes off it is still pi on the defense because a catch is not required for the pi to be called.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't face guarding. The whole thing with face guarding is you aren't making contact. He had his arms on him when he went up for the ball. Now you're saying that wasn't PI? Just admit it, you caught a huge break on that play.

You and the head official need to get on the same page then, because he said it WAS face guarding. :noidea:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone post the refs comments?

From Morelli:

"The back judge threw his flag for defensive pass interference. We got other information from another official from a different angle that thought the contact was minimal and didn’t warrant pass interference. He thought it was face-guarding."

Face-guarding is not a penalty.

I think he said the other official's name was Dez something.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Morelli:

"The back judge threw his flag for defensive pass interference. We got other information from another official from a different angle that thought the contact was minimal and didn’t warrant pass interference. He thought it was face-guarding."

LOL

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if Dallas makes it out of Green Bay if Rodgers is healthy.

Considering every Dallas fan is shocked, and most NFL guru's as well, that Dallas won more than 6 games this year...I'm still happy :)

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the nfl takes steps to remove as much of the human element as possible theres always the possibility that officials will intentionally affect a game. Unfortunately there are too many rules against the defense to do thus with pi, etc.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Morelli:

Lol! He must be a jack of all trades!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive pass interference is when the offensive player pushes off of a defender while the ball is in the air in order to make a catch. Defensive pass interference is when contact is made with the offensive player while the ball is in the air. They can not be called on the same play on the same two players. Once the offensive player pushes off he cannot make a legal catch, therfore pass interference on the defense is moot. Similarly if the defender makes contact THEN the offensive player pushes off it is still pi on the defense because a catch is not required for the pi to be called.

Please show me where in the rule book where it states this.