• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the nfl takes steps to remove as much of the human element as possible theres always the possibility that officials will intentionally affect a game. Unfortunately there are too many rules against the defense to do thus with pi, etc.

the "no contact after 5 yards", if actually enforced 100% of the time, would render pass defense impossible.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering every Dallas fan is shocked, and most NFL guru's as well, that Dallas won more than 6 games this year...I'm still happy :)

Exactly! I will say this about the game next weekend....I think Green Bay is the best team in the NFC and I think they would thump the Seahawks if they see them. The Cowboys played tight in the first half today, there is no question they were feeling the monkey on their back. But now they are playing with house money, they could get the shit kicked out of them next weekend and the season, which most expected to be 6-7 wins, is still a success. They are talented, confident, 8-0 on the road and should play like they have nothing to lose. That's a pretty dangerous package

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mad Bro? You're gonna be a whole lot madder in a couple of weeks

Mad that we wont get to stomp the cowboys in the nfccg because the packers already did it for us.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please show me where in the rule book where it states this.

Show me where it says different. I don't need the rule book to know the rules. I got that knowledge from 18 years coaching the game from the sidelines.

Eta: I don't have a dog in this fight so I could care less who plays on.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mad Bro? You're gonna be a whole lot madder in a couple of weeks

Doubt it. Seattle already beat GB at home once this year.

:suds:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the "no contact after 5 yards", if actually enforced 100% of the time, would render pass defense impossible.

Those rules should be rescinded, but let the offense do thingd differently presnap to offset that. More rules, more official involvement, less fun.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article has some interesting information--namely, breaking down that there were four penalties committed on that play, three by Dallas and one by Detroit. In the end, zero were called.

The article also has a statistical estimate of the impact of that play on the outcome. ESPN stats and information estimates that the Lions' chances of winning dropped from 78% to 66% on that non-call.

Lions still should have won. But you are kidding yourself if you don't think that played a role in the outcome.

Inside Slant: Referee Pete Morelli had four potential penalties on key play - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it. Seattle already beat GB at home once this year.

:suds:

Then guess you hope you don't see us since Dallas beat you at your place once this year? :happy:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering every Dallas fan is shocked, and most NFL guru's as well, that Dallas won more than 6 games this year...I'm still happy :)

Which is one reason my football season was somewhat a success. I expected 8-8 or worse and outside looking in. First year coach, I will take it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article has some interesting information--namely, breaking down that there were four penalties committed on that play, three by Dallas and one by Detroit. In the end, zero were called.

The article also has a statistical estimate of the impact of that play on the outcome. ESPN stats and information estimates that the Lions' chances of winning dropped from 78% to 66% on that non-call.

Lions still should have won. But you are kidding yourself if you don't think that played a role in the outcome.

Inside Slant: Referee Pete Morelli had four potential penalties on key play - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

I'm 100% confident that every single play in the game had an effect on the outcome of the game. Every last one of them. Every call, every non-call, ever snap.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! I will say this about the game next weekend....I think Green Bay is the best team in the NFC and I think they would thump the Seahawks if they see them. The Cowboys played tight in the first half today, there is no question they were feeling the monkey on their back. But now they are playing with house money, they could get the shit kicked out of them next weekend and the season, which most expected to be 6-7 wins, is still a success. They are talented, confident, 8-0 on the road and should play like they have nothing to lose. That's a pretty dangerous package

I pretty much said this verbatim on the Rangers board a couple days ago, except I said they would be a tough out.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive pass interference is when the offensive player pushes off of a defender while the ball is in the air in order to make a catch. Defensive pass interference is when contact is made with the offensive player while the ball is in the air. They can not be called on the same play on the same two players. Once the offensive player pushes off he cannot make a legal catch, therfore pass interference on the defense is moot. Similarly if the defender makes contact THEN the offensive player pushes off it is still pi on the defense because a catch is not required for the pi to be called.

Where are you getting this stuff ?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then guess you hope you don't see us since Dallas beat you at your place once this year? :happy:
I don't see how Dallas gets past GB at Lambo so why would I give that any thought?

Before I even care they have to get past Carolina.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where it says different. I don't need the rule book to know the rules. I got that knowledge from 18 years coaching the game from the sidelines.

NFL Rules Digest: Pass Interference

"It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched."

There's more in the link but nothing even remotely supporting your claim.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No it wouldn't. If they call it every time it happens then people would have to learn to play defense without doing it. And really these are supposed to be professional athletes and you're telling me they can't play without cheating(that's what it is, you know you're beat so you try and grab the WR's jersey to even the odds).

And the rule doesn't say no contact, if you're playing the ball then it wont get called but we always see defensive holding or pass interference when the defender knows he's screwed.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and unless you coached in the NFL your experience isn't worth all that much. Many NFL coaches don't even know some of the rules, ftm.