• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was clear case of both PI & defensive holding. I won't even get into the refs turning a blind eye Dez running onto the field without a helmet.

Refs have been horrible for a long time. But this season & the playoffs underscore how bad they really are. They entered the season focused on defensive contact, holding, & PI. And throughout the season, flags were routinely thrown for less contact than what we see in this play. Consistency is what fans & players want to see from refs, we are not getting it. This game & the AZ/Car game are example of poor officiating with inconsistent officiating.

This won't be the last poor officiating decision this offseason that will directly impact the outcome of a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BFD. It's not the first time a questionable call was made that had an impact on the game and it won't be the last. As to Packers fans pissing and moaning about it, I'll bet you wanted to see Detroit again since the Cowboys are the best road team in the league.

The Packers wouldn't have seen the Lions until the NFCCG(if both won out). The Lions would've gone to Seattle next. So if you can't understand that simple fact, I don't expect you to realize how that blown call affected the game in a huge way. To take away a first and 10 at the Cowboys 30 is huge.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sums it up right here... It just can't be denied...

+1....completely agree! If this goes the other way the outcome is different! Pretty sad to watch, to me it looks as though there is some sort of conspiracy going on with the Cowboy organization!

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dog in the fight, here. to me that's a PI hands down. May not have changed the out come but you can't pick that flag up IMO.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerry Austin, 30 year ref and 3 Super Bowls, just said on Mike and Mike it wasn't interference because the receiver was moving away from the ball. He also said once it was thrown, it should not have been picked up.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbiased opinion here. WR had his hand on the face mask of the defender. Defender swiped it off, then had his hand on the receiver's shoulder before his hands went up (head not turned).

I think it was PI both ways.

...that being said, I don't think I have seen a flag picked up that late.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wouldn't. If they call it every time it happens then people would have to learn to play defense without doing it. And really these are supposed to be professional athletes and you're telling me they can't play without cheating(that's what it is, you know you're beat so you try and grab the WR's jersey to even the odds).

And the rule doesn't say no contact, if you're playing the ball then it wont get called but we always see defensive holding or pass interference when the defender knows he's screwed.

Whatever you say. Just watch any NFL game. On every single passing play there is contact with a WR beyond 5 yards. Even if the play is on the other side of the field, a stop and start or a cut by a WR will get a hand check. Even if it doesn't affect the receiver, that is by definition illegal contact and would be called.

Believe whatever you want, but a 100% application of rules on the books would destroy the game in less than one weekend.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you seattle fans just cheer for portland?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are thinking way to deep on this. I just enjoy watching your team lose. It is nothing more than that.

And I enjoy the fact that people outside of the northwest know that your team exists now. :suds:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you say. Just watch any NFL game. On every single passing play there is contact with a WR beyond 5 yards. Even if the play is on the other side of the field, a stop and start or a cut by a WR will get a hand check. Even if it doesn't affect the receiver, that is by definition illegal contact and would be called.

Believe whatever you want, but a 100% application of rules on the books would destroy the game in less than one weekend.

I blame Bill Polian who whined so much from losing for years in the playoffs he finally got his way with these ridiculous defensive penalties. Every single passing play now the WR's are conditioned to turn toward the ref and look for a flag.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking AS A FOOTBALL FAN, regardless of what two teams were playing: The call(s) were mishandled by the officiating crew. There should have been several calls made and at the very least the down should have been replayed.

It was a clear PI. According to the definition of PI he most certainly impeaded the TEs ability to attempt to make the catch by initiating physical contact. There was also the TEs hand into the defenders facemask, so that could have been called which would have been offsetting and replay of the down. This would have at least been a reasonable compromise.

dalpi.0.gif

Several Cowboy posters (Fordman, jarntt, UKCowboy, for example) here keep on bringing up Seahawk fans even though that has nothing to do with the actual call. Sorry that there are far more Seahawk fans posting on SportsHoopla than other fanbases. Deal with it. It has nothing to do with the calls.

I don't say that this call won or lost the game but I do say that it was handled incorrectly by the officials. The part that is ridiculous is the Dallas fans trying to defend it. It was an poorly handled call.

Admit it, be glad that it went your way, and move on. I admit that the so-called "Fail-Mary" was handled badly (I will bring it up since so many people here want to bring it up) and I will not defend the decision one way or the other, but it changes nothing in offical outcome.

Cowboys won. They got some help through questionable officiating. It happens for and against teams all of the time. It does not change the fact that the call was incorrect.

So from your gif I see the TE initiate contact, and you claim Dallas does.

Very odd.

And while it doesn't change anything, when a fanbase of a team not playing has this much crying to do over one play in a game that featured many plays...it's funny and we are going to point it out.

Now back to your drama.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbiased opinion here. WR had his hand on the face mask of the defender. Defender swiped it off, then had his hand on the receiver's shoulder before his hands went up (head not turned).

I think it was PI both ways.

...that being said, I don't think I have seen a flag picked up that late.

Looking at the play again this morning, as more than a few non-Lions fans have posted the video, shows that the TE reaches out and initiates contact with the defender. There is no denying that. At that moment, it is offensive PI as he is trying to create room. The defender swats his hand away and shoves the shoulder.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you seattle fans just cheer for portland?

They didn't support the team in their own town, why would they support one in another? :noidea:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Bill Polian who whined so much from losing for years in the playoffs he finally got his way with these ridiculous defensive penalties. Every single passing play now the WR's are conditioned to turn toward the ref and look for a flag.

I blame the NBA and soccer for that :)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's odd that the refs and the league are fixing games in order to get Dallas to win, but do so by letting Detroits best defensive player intentionally try to hurt the competition and then overturn his suspension.

Can you imagine the pantywipes crying if Suh hadn't played?

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda hard to turn your head around and play the ball when the receiver has your facemask.

attachment.php

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget the 2nd lions TD was the result of a running into the kicker penalty by the Cowboys.

That call was complete horseshit. The punter was never run into. The punter just let his foot "land" on the Cowboys player and takes the best dive he can muster.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cris Carter just said no pass interference as well

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No crap. I posted about that when the play happened. The point is that it should have been offsetting penalties, replay 3rd and 1. Instead the Lions punted. You don't see the difference there?

Explain how it should be offsetting penalties when the reason he couldn't turn his head and play the ball was because the receiver had a handful of facemask? That is straight up offensive PI