• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and unless you coached in the NFL your experience isn't worth all that much. Many NFL coaches don't even know some of the rules, ftm.

Meant isn't worth all that much with respect to an NFL rules discussion.... didn't mean that as a shot.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Rules Digest: Pass:agree: Interference

"It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched."

There's more in the link but nothing even remotely supporting your claim.

I don't see what the issue is. The play in question was referring to contact made while the ball was in the air. That's what I was talking about. There are a lot more words to the actual pi rules if you want to cover all of it. I am talking about one play and one particular moment within that play.

At least that was my intent..... I was a coach, not a communications teacher.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then guess you hope you don't see us since Dallas beat you at your place once this year? :happy:

I hope so, your hat wont hang on that for long.

But, nobody wants that rematch more than the seahawks themselves.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were rooting for the Lions because even the chance that the Cowboys get past the Packers and have the opportunity to kick their ass in Seattle twice in one season, the 2nd for a chance to go to the Super Bowl, has them gripping their keyboards. If that happened, the Hawks site would look like Dodge city after Wyatt Earp hit town....
You are thinking way to deep on this. I just enjoy watching your team lose. It is nothing more than that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are thinking way to deep on this. I just enjoy watching your team lose. It is nothing more than that.

It's honestly hysterical that there have been several Lions posters that have said Congrats and Good Game, while there are 2-3 time as many angry Seahawks fans on here crying about the call. That green eyed monster must be bugging yall

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where it says different. I don't need the rule book to know the rules. I got that knowledge from 18 years coaching the game from the sidelines.

Eta: I don't have a dog in this fight so I could care less who plays on.

Wow, 18 years and you haven't figured out that the rule book covers the rules and not what aren't rules?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you getting this stuff ?

They're pulling it out of their asses of course. I've seen it called several times in college and I'm also sure I've seen it at least once in the NFL. It should have been called both ways here. The push off to the face was as blatant as him coming right into the receiver when the catch was attempted.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This end of thread

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Pereira: Pass Interference Call Against Cowboys Should Not Have Been Overturned

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pereira doesn't know what he's talking about, unless he's saying something for YOUR team. :whistle:

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That or something that knocks a team you dislike.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys the luckiest team in the NFL! .........Not the hottest.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking AS A FOOTBALL FAN, regardless of what two teams were playing: The call(s) were mishandled by the officiating crew. There should have been several calls made and at the very least the down should have been replayed.

It was a clear PI. According to the definition of PI he most certainly impeaded the TEs ability to attempt to make the catch by initiating physical contact. There was also the TEs hand into the defenders facemask, so that could have been called which would have been offsetting and replay of the down. This would have at least been a reasonable compromise.

dalpi.0.gif

Several Cowboy posters (Fordman, jarntt, UKCowboy, for example) here keep on bringing up Seahawk fans even though that has nothing to do with the actual call. Sorry that there are far more Seahawk fans posting on SportsHoopla than other fanbases. Deal with it. It has nothing to do with the calls.

I don't say that this call won or lost the game but I do say that it was handled incorrectly by the officials. The part that is ridiculous is the Dallas fans trying to defend it. It was an poorly handled call.

Admit it, be glad that it went your way, and move on. I admit that the so-called "Fail-Mary" was handled badly (I will bring it up since so many people here want to bring it up) and I will not defend the decision one way or the other, but it changes nothing in offical outcome.

Cowboys won. They got some help through questionable officiating. It happens for and against teams all of the time. It does not change the fact that the call was incorrect.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BFD. It's not the first time a questionable call was made that had an impact on the game and it won't be the last. As to Packers fans pissing and moaning about it, I'll bet you wanted to see Detroit again since the Cowboys are the best road team in the league.