• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pettigrew initiated contact.

End of story.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerry Austin, 30 year ref and 3 Super Bowls, just said on Mike and Mike it wasn't interference because the receiver was moving away from the ball. He also said once it was thrown, it should not have been picked up.

I think the call could have gone either way. But once they threw the flag they should have stuck with it. Or at the very least explained why they picked it up.

IMO, I don't get why they break up referee crews for the playoffs. I think it promotes this sort of nonsense.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain how it should be offsetting penalties when the reason he couldn't turn his head and play the ball was because the receiver had a handful of facemask? That is straight up offensive PI

apparently if someone grabs you, and you swat their arm away, you are the one that should be called for the penalty.

At least if you hate the team that benefited.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight up offensive PI.

ZAgKeTX.gif

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the call could have gone either way. But once they threw the flag they should have stuck with it. Or at the very least explained why they picked it up.

IMO, I don't get why they break up referee crews for the playoffs. I think it promotes this sort of nonsense.

They did explain, after the game where it is common to do so. Morelli announced the flag because he thought he knew what the call would be. Then his crew told him that he was wrong, and he took it back.

It was a mistake to not converse with his crew first, but that doesn't mean the call was wrong or there is a conspiracy as others have claimed.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight up offensive PI.

ZAgKeTX.gif

We did benefit from the no call though.

Had they called the 15 yard facemask, like they should have, and replayed then we may not have been able to get that 10 yard punt that set us up nicely.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did explain, after the game where it is common to do so. Morelli announced the flag because he thought he knew what the call would be. Then his crew told him that he was wrong, and he took it back.

It was a mistake to not converse with his crew first, but that doesn't mean the call was wrong or there is a conspiracy as others have claimed.

I don't think there is any conspiracy. I do think they screwed up.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't support the team in their own town, why would they support one in another? :noidea:

LMAO!!!

Are you really so stupid that you believe this NBA front office myth??

If that were the case then I guess that Philly, Washington, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Detroit, etc. should all lose their teams also? Afterall, they averaged similar or less attendance during the time period before the team moved.

No. It was about a lying ownership group, a back-stabbing NBA front office, and a lack of public funding and support for a "free" $500 million arena.

I can go into much further detail if necessary, but I understand that you are just trying to be a jerk. Rather sad on your part.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big mistake was the ref announcing the call before hearing all information from his crew.

- A crew member throws flag for defensive PI
- Head ref announces penalty to crowd
- Another crew member comes into to say from his angle he saw legal face guarding, no PI
- They consult and ultimately go with 2nd crew member's view

Everything about that is normal and fine, except the head ref announcing the penalty before hearing out his crew.

That is what opens everything up to scrutiny and stupid conspiracy crap.

Aren't playoff crews people not normally working together... that could be some of what attributed to the communication issue.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's odd that the refs and the league are fixing games in order to get Dallas to win,

Or it could be the other teams not wanting to sit in another owners meeting and listen to Jerry whine about adding more teams to the playoffs?:scratch:

It's a conspiracy theory, see last years Super Bowl winner.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref whining on this thread is hilarious coming from some of you whose teams have benefited greatly from the officiating in recent years. Some of the same people who accuse people of complaining when they are not on the wrong side of the BS calls in this league. Complete hypocrites.

I thought listening to Boomer and Carton whine about the officiating (for Dallas) on the way to the office this morning was bad, now this? Yes, the calls were bad but were equally bad both ways

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: Especially when, as they said yesterday, it's not an all star crew till the conference championship. Why not bring the highest rated crews intact

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any conspiracy. I do think they screwed up.

It was a screw up. I don't think picking up the flag was the error though. The two errors were calling it on the wrong team, and announcing before conferring.

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was defensive holding prior to the facemask or Hitchens contact with Pettigrew with the ball in air. Hitchens got a handful of jersey

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it could be the other teams not wanting to sit in another owners meeting and listen to Jerry whine about adding more teams to the playoffs?:scratch:

It's a conspiracy theory, see last years Super Bowl winner.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I bet Lurie is supporting an idea to add more teams at the next Owner meetings.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ZAgKeTX.gif

Defensive holding? Lulz

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was defensive holding prior to the facemask or Hitchens contact with Pettigrew with the ball in air. Hitchens got a handful of jersey

True.. but that call was missed by the crew.

Can't say I'm upset about a crew missing a defensive hold... I could've done with a lot fewer defensive holds this season.

The call that was made and countered by another crew member was the defensive PI. One said it was. One said it was legal face guarding. They consulted and determined no defensive PI.

The mistake was announcing the call before consulting with crew.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1....completely agree! If this goes the other way the outcome is different! Pretty sad to watch, to me it looks as though there is some sort of conspiracy going on with the Cowboy organization!

Yep, that's the Cowboys have won the last 3 Super Bowls:L